Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Fertile Plains HELP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 1:15 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to beat Fertile Plains where hordes of things attack -- the rock golems at the end really kill me...any ideas????

Ayodon Pyr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 2:22 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I found it helpful to have a level 3 temple that could ressurect my slain heroes. I had a few level 10 heroes, and they died a couple of times on that last wave. Also, wizard towers are essential. I had them spaced so that a monster would be attacked by two wizard towers at a time, with a scattering of guard towers of course. (I think I used the Krypta temple, if I recall correctly)

Kelebral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 2:57 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I used paladins/healers primarily on this one. I also got a level 3 wizard guild and a few towers. A few well placed lightning storms can eliminate a whole group of creatures if used correctly (invis is also nice). However, it was important for me to get my paladins as early as possible, and to keep them alive with healing/invis at the lower levels, so they had some experience for the last wave. I have also heard that a level 2 rogues guild is useful for the poison and I plan to try this next time. I have only tried this scenario once with Krypta/WoD/Fervus/wizards and could not finish off the rock golems.

UncleBob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 4:22 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I just beat this for the first time last night with Krypta/Fervus/Wizards. With all of the the skeletons and fervus critters running around, the early raids get bogged down. By the time you get to the Golems they're barely even speed bumps, but lightning storms should do the trick.
I used my Rogues Guild to extort enough gold to pay for the lightning storms. At the end of the Rock Golem raid, I had lost all of my Priestesses and all of my Cultists, and the Temple of Fervus, but I did beat it.

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 7:52 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

There is a topic in this forum full of ideas and brags about the Fertile Plains. My plans for a "two line of defence" fortress is included there.

SirFleealot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2000 10:14 am    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried this strat this morning, the result is only 6 buildings got destroyed at the end. This stage is almost too easy...

First, I built Temple of Duros and 4 warrior guild at the same time, one guild at corner of the palace. Fill the warrior guild with Paladins and don't recruit any monks. Make sure you hot key the 4 guilds for a faster production. Build a market place or two and a black smith, if you like. Then cancel the Temple of Duros and start building Temple of Krolm. I have 4 temples at the end. During each wave, I have enough money for 1 or 2 Rage of Krolm. All the waves were pretty easy with the combined force of 16 paladins and some barbarians. The wave of vampires got slaughtered by my raged paladins. Just make sure you build a wizard guild or two before the last wave. The barbarians will act as cannon fodders for the golems while your wizards zap away. Even a lvl 1 wizard can do massive damage to a golem.

On the last wave, I think I lost only 2 paladins and 8 barbarians.

Try it and tell me what you think.

Ayodon Pyr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2000 4:10 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I played this again last night, and used a wizard/priestess/WoD combo. I must say that my wizards all kicked but. I played to survive, but my wizards were my saving grace.

Arch*Devil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 4:50 am    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

THe golems were pretty easy for me becouse I had lots of high level wizards. Even a level 3 wizard with fire blast can kill a golem in a matter of seconds.

Treiber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2000 7:41 am    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion a third level wizards guild is the key. Without the "Fire Storm" the quest is to dificult. Unless you enjoy being overun with evil! I built the third level wizard guild first, then a temple to duros, two warriors guilds, a third level marketplace, and a rougues guild for income. Fill the warriors guild with Paladins (you need all you can get) also fill the duros temple with monks. then fill the other guilds. As the hords come continually hit them with fire storms. Also when you get time put up wizards towers to increase spell range. Make sure your economy can suport the vast amount of "fire storms" you will need. With each raid if you take off the heat your heros can easily keep up. The rock gollums at the end are a little difficult, but nothing that can't be dealt with. "Paladin's" Hint Hint
I completed the quest in 23 days.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 7:34 am    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that the mass damage spells are the only key.

I just happend to play this quest again last night. My main forces were Monks, Paladins and Wizard's. After the first couple of waves I added Rogues, Rangers and Healers.

The real trick here was babysitting my Wizards using Invisibility to keep them alive. Then, once I added the healers I got the Temple up to third level giving me that all-important resurrection spell. The Paladins and Monks tended to keep the monsters busy with the Wizard's handling all of the big damage. I never got the Wizard's guild over second level and the Wizard's guild was one of the last ones standing after the Rock Golem wave.

Of course, I got a little nervous after the Rock Golem's knocked down the Temple to Agrela because that meant that the Wizard's weren't coming back if they died. Losing an 8th level wizard is just painful.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Reyzant

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 1:52 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

I think I did it the cheap way. It's been a while, so I can only explain what I remember. The time that I beat it, I knew what was coming so I was able to prepare. Somehow (I can't remember) I got through the first six waves, probably with heroes and a few lightning storms. BTW, I always build one of each building (not including guard/wizard towers) and this strategy should change eventually. I was doing the best that I'd ever done, so I saved, hoping I would bash the rock golems (HAH!). Anyway, They came...I lost...I reloaded...I lost...Lost again...Ditto...Ditto X6 or so. I was extremely annoyed, but I had caught on to something. The only way I could lose was to lose my palace, so it was the only thing that mattered. I waited longer the next time before lightning storming, that way I could get most of the monsters attacking my palace with a lightning storm. I lost again because I had LSed too soon, but I had done much better. The next time I waited till they were on top of the palace (well, not literally) and then I zapped all that I could, hoping my heroes and guards could finish them off, which they did, somehow. Like I said, I ignored my town, and I have to say that the damage was intense, but it didn't matter 'cause it was all over

------------------
*Stop Reading Here*

[This message has been edited by Reyzant (edited 05-01-2000).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 11:22 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

Jay's right. First time I won, I didn't have a level 3 Wizards Guild.

Tried using barbie dolls once. Won but only had seven heroes left alive (a wizard, two rogues and a guild full of rangers).

Tried the Agrela-Dauros combo. Used the vigilance/stone skin combo on Paladins. They did the rest. Did not have to use a single Lightning Storm. Had lots of gold left in my coffers after that.

Reyzant

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 2:15 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

(Look at the face on the left)
HOW DID YOU KNOW!! I DO have nothing better to do...I'M SO BORED!! Oh well...anyway. Sounds good--In fact...I'm going to play it again now, er...sometime soon.

------------------
*Stop Reading Here*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 8:01 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

Gasp! You filled your Warrior's Guild with Paladins?

Gee, I'd put in a Warrior or two - to get that awesome Paladin-Warrior-Healer combo.

Raging Spirit

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 11:04 pm    Post subject: Fertile Plains HELP Reply with quote Back to top

The fertile plains was actually a pretty easy one, u just gotta know what to build, and since u got lots of money u don't pay too much attention to the financial aspect early on.
I beat it on my second try, like anyone actually cares, well, anyway, i just built two warrior's guilds right away, supported by a temle to dauros, and a few guardhouses along with a blacksmith.
Then i started pumpin out paladins, untill i had eight, even though the first wave came a bit before i had all eight, i still beat them without a single casualty, just using stone skin a couple of times, which i find really helpfull.
Then after i built two marketplaces, which last me through the entitre game, giving me enough cash, at level three of course, not to worry about anything.
THen thinkin that it would be pretty hard to defend my entire settlement with just heroes, i hurriedly got a wizards guild to level two, and built around , now let me see, hmm, yeah, around 8 towers, and by the end i had around 12. they all stood in pairs, pretty close to each other but leaving gaps, like anyone cares. Well, and then a templ to agrela did the trick, which i never actually did get to level three, so nor resurrection for me!

Well, anyway, the puniest wave which i almost didn't notice as the vampire one, two of my paladins beat the whole wave without even as much as twisting a muscle.(with a little magic of course)

And having heard that there will be a tough last wave of rock golemns, i put up a few more towers on the edges of the map just to distract the golemns for a while and get some reward flags on them, get my thoughts together.

well, if any of u have actually bothered to read to the end of this message, thanx a lot, u either have a lot of spare time on ur hands, or just well.. have nothing better to do, so get off ur butt and get outside, which i am doing right now, well, nm about that u'll hear from me again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: