Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramboing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:11 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

I can edit most of the stats, costs, building requirements, and text, but can't find out how to make paladins and WoDs not require their temples, or how to make the wizards berzerk less often.

Anyone here do any Majesty editing?

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:28 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

Nope.

Animedragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 10:19 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

You can't I think and I don't know anyone who knows how to edit that... if it can be done at all.

------------------
***... when superstition and the sword ruled... ***

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 2:05 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there's definitely some way you can. And there were some people doing things like that some time ago - CL even didn't mind. But in this particular question I have no answer. And I think you won't get one. Sorry.

Animedragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:37 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

That would be great if anyone knew... maybe in the tips section?

------------------

ramboing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 3:12 am    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

well, I haven't tried multiplayer across versions but the modifications work fine if both players have them. I did find some text strings in the data files that suggest that it checks to make sure all players have the same data files, but gives the option to continue playing even if it finds a difference.

I can post directions for editing what I can or send the info to some Majesty sites if people want it and everyone thinks its ok. The normal stats, costs, and building requirements are pretty simple to figure out if you just have a hex editor anyway.

Animedragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 2:33 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

oooo... sounds like it should be okay... I would post, but I might wait until some higher authority gives the okay

------------------

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 10:11 am    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

You have our blessing to discuss this topic.

What you do with your own game is your business. Just don't go passing around modified files. We frown on that. Also, don't expect us to help you fix it if you break it...

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Animedragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 3:31 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

*chuckle* Knowing myself, I would probably break my friens copy doing something like that.

------------------

neo345

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2001 6:39 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

how do you mess around with those things? i have less than an idea
neo345

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"
"Outside of a dog, book is man's best friend. Inside, it's too dark to read"
"Every ship can be a minesweeper. Once..."

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 3:08 am    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

Use the Force, neo345, use the Force...
Oops, wrong place.
So - at first you need a program called hex editor. All files on your PC are stored in hex and then decoded to view in *whatever*. For starters easy to use and with nice interface AND powerful functions is Hackman (completely legal). Then you open a file from Majesty's Data Quests or SaveGame folder and stare at it like an idiot understanding nothing. Well, after staring long enough you start to get something.
If people are interested, I could brake this up into sections and in each lesson tell a story about different part of the game.
I know how to edit building requirements, texts, some primitive parts of the quests (like starting buildings), a little bit of stats and costs. Not much, as you see. But if you really want to make all your palace guards Rrongols or (for you lucky people with NE) Abominations (whatever the real spelling is), I can help you.
BTW - you can do some of these things in Notepad, but not in WordPad or Word. It's simpler but a bit messy.

neo345

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 1:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer:
So - at first you need a program called hex editor.

where do i get a hex editor?

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 4:34 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-4003619-100-5812393.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.5812393
* http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-4003619-100-5680574.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-2.5680574
* http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-4003619-100-913390.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-3.913390
* http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-4003619-100-5041691.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-5.5041691
* http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-4003619-100-4930559.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-6.4930559
Or simply search for one. That easy.

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer (edited 12 May 2001).]

neo345

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 6:38 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

SWEET! thanx

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"

Hrymur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 9:10 am    Post subject: Anyone know how to edit Pal requirements and berzerking tend Reply with quote Back to top

For editing basic game information repeatedly, using a program named the Universal Game Editor (UGE) can be much more convenient than hex editing game files every time. One picks out the variables to change and labels them in a "module" file, and can then afterwards go straight into a list of labeled variables.

I remember having made module files for all the heroes last year; the uniform structures of the hero data made it very quick. If anyone is interested I do still have these around. (Since the module files contain no information from game files, only pointers to these files, there should be no problem distributing them.)

Hrymur.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: