Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

MDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 11:41 pm    Post subject: MDT Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Ven Fairweather:
Aye Cap'n, ya know things are in a downward spiral when VH1 shows a special on "25 Years of Punk Rock".

(Groan) Oy! Where's my Dead Kennedy's (vinyl) albums? I need to take a holiday in Cambodia....

Ven the Geezer...
wait, isn't that the bass player for Sabbath?

I apologize for going so far off topic, but I can't resist.

Ven, you're truly old school (and I mean that as a compliment) if you still have DK's on vinyl. I had some X, some DK's, Stiff Little Fingers, Clash, Sex Pistols and Black Flag all on vinyl...all gone now, replaced with CD's.

Did they really have "25 years of punk rock" on VH1? That's sad. Of course, I'd watch it if I had the chance...in my X t-shirt, with some cheap beer and a tear in my eye...

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 8:15 am    Post subject: MDT Reply with quote Back to top

Well Mark, if you still want to see it I still have a copy of it. If you send me an email ( cussingeorge@yahoo.com ) with an address to send it to I'd be more than happy to get a VHS copy out to you ya ol' geezer

It's only about an hour long (w/commercials) but is interesting. The most interesting thing is how much they didn't cover. LOL

------------------
George Ledoux - VoiceOvers 'R Us
------------------------------
"How 'bout some more beans, Mr. Taggert?
I think you boys have had enough!"

[This message has been edited by Ven Fairweather (edited 20 June 2001).]

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 2:43 pm    Post subject: MDT Reply with quote Back to top

Although I hadn't mentioned it, I too got my stuff and the quality looks pretty good. We're doing a little internal experiment with some Majesty stuff, and if we like how our own stuff comes out we'll open it up to the public.

And, for the record, I remember when I was in Boulder, CO a number of years back and they had a couple of punk clubs out there. The punks didn't like me though because they thought that I was too violent...

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 11:44 pm    Post subject: MDT Reply with quote Back to top

That's very kind of you. Probably not, though. I'd probably just be disapointed at the exclusion of my faves. I actually have some live concert videos of old punk bands I watch every so often.

Now, if Ken Burns would only do a 20-hour comprehensive documentary on punk, like he did for jazz, the civil war and baseball...

X has actually toured a bit in the past couple years, and if you have a chance, go see them! They're not as loud and headache-inducing as a lot of the other classic punk bands, and a big portion of the crowd were actually in their 30's and 40's, not exactly looking for a violent skinhead brawl. Downright polite for a punk show. I did get to do a bit of slam dancing, though...until I got too tired!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: