Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Win Stuff from Jay's Desk!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
No. Go buy a copy of Majesty Gold.

- Twy

What, has Majesty Gold for the Mac coMe out yet?!?!?!
Get a windows emulator, and stop complaining.
Majesty runs slow enough on My Mac, I don't even want to think about the expansion an an eMulator!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

I e-mailed him about the name thing, but I didn't know anything about the photo.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

I've emailed him a total of three times now over the last 3 days. No response to the emails or to my requests.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Heya Stomper nice to see another familiar face.

I got the "prizes" on Tuesday of this week but I havent had much time to come on here and post due to summer semester starting and all.
So here's a list of the things I got in no particular order:

ONE: small calculator, with "Compliments of Cyberlore studios incoperated" printed on the little flip up thingie on the front of it.

ONE: rather nice 2003 Pocketpal date book with "Teamwork, together we can achieve the extraordinary, Compliments of Cyberlore studios Incorperated" engraved on the front of it.

ONE: little Majesty Promo type poster, (10" x 18" rough guess) I'm assuming its kind of an early promo because it says in the lower right corner "The majesty demo rules! ..And so can
you!!"

ONE: 8"x10" photo signed photo of Jay standing in front of the playboy mansion waving (and all by himself?!!) and on it he wrote "Wish you were here?"
Frankly if I was standing in front of the mansion I'd be wishing for a few of the bunnies to come out and pose next to me for the photo.
And Jay, what's with the thing covered by a little tarp on the roof of the mansion? Was it a riske' statue or something?

ONE:hand written note from seth on Playboy Mansion West stationary reading: Hi Kevin, Enjoy the spoils! Seth" heartfelt im sure.

ONE: handwritten sign, written in black marker it reads" WIN SOMETHING FROM JAY'S DESK COMING THIS WEEK! HOSTED BY SETH SPAULDING! PRIZES>" and then there's a little arrow pointing up which im assuming was aimed at the stuff on jay's desk...
also in parenthesis at the bottom it says "(Jay's original note)"
And finally,
ONE: bottle of Ultra Clarity Lens cleaner glasses cleaning solution by vision associates... i havent tried it. I'm thinking of just bronzing the little bottle and having it mounted on top of my computer monitor.

The perks of being a cyberlore fan and forum member...

Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Tiger, glad you liked the prizes, or at least didn't empty the envelope directly into the garbage can.

I'm told the tarp covers a gargoyle statue on the roof which is unveiled for the Halloween party. From the pictures I've seen the statue looks very cool when all lit up but I bet Hef considers it a bit much for everyday display at the mansion.

Seth

[ 01. June 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Seth Spaulding ]

smeagol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by the Steven of Nine
--------------------------------------------------
I'll be first to complain... Smeagol, can you please reregister with a shorter name. Your extended name throws the columns of the forum out of whack on any monitor not the size or resolution of a jumbotron.

Temporarily I am now using a shorter name for you until I can come up with something better. But I donít know why the forum allowed me to use the name smeagol@www.myleague.com/mgleague/

quote:
Also, please stop putting all those images in your posts, they take forever for dial-ups to load. Most of us have been posting here, or playing Majesty for years, we've seen all those images, and I, for one, don't really want them here. I'd like to read people's posts, not wait for those pics to load.

I along with many others disagree with you.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
I feel this is one of the reasons why there are fewer text type zork games today, and more graphical games.
All areas of the cyberlore websites are gorgeous, and the graphics are one of the reasons why.
However, you have a good point about people with dialup. I will use smaller pictures.

quote:
Finally, Twy has asked you to remove the picture of our daughter from your posts. Please do so immediately.

FYI. I donít check this email account often. That is why when registering on cyberlore discussion forum I selected the box "DONT Allow Administrators and Moderators to send you email notices"
I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you, as I was offline for a 4-day weekend birthday celebration with my family, and I did no posts or reading during that time. I only got 1 email from anyone about removing it during that extended weekend.

I also think that you are a little out of line and are being a little rude in how you are handling this.
But then again, also being a parent, I would have similar feelings if someone put pictures of my kids up on a website somewhere also. However, I didnít know it was a picture of your kid and got it off of the official cyberlore website (and I think it is a cute picture...thatís why I used it)
I feel I did nothing inappropriate.

In order to help you and your quest, I got the picture directly from the official cyberlore website at:
http://www.cyberlore.com/Majesty/graphics/twygnome.jpg

I did not realize that I was not supposed to use this picture from cyberlore.

I would suggest that this picture be removed from the Official cyberlore website if you feel this way about it. I feel that is how this issue started, and where your further replies should be directed.

My apologies

[ 02. June 2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: smeagol ]

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by smeagol:
FYI.
I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you, as I was offline for a 4-day weekend birthday celebration with my family, and I did no posts or reading during that time. My apologies

Offline? Ah, so that was the other smeagol that challenged me to a Majesty ladder game on Gamespy this weekend.

In any case, thank-you.

smeagol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
quote:
Originally posted by smeagol:
FYI.
I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you, as I was offline for a 4-day weekend birthday celebration with my family, and I did no posts or reading during that time. My apologies

Offline? Ah, so that was the other smeagol that challenged me to a Majesty ladder game on Gamespy this weekend.

In any case, thank-you.

Nope, that was probably me. The ladder has this stupid rule that if you donít play at least one game every 3 days, your winning streak and some of the stats reset. It was probably me trying to get in one game while my wife went out to get groceries for one of our 3 picnics. Being out for 4 days without playing a game would reset those stats so I HAD to get 1 game in

By the way I played another really good match during the day today with Angel of Death. If you are looking for a good game and you see him, housefish, Omega, or Lord Hopkins on, they are all top rungers that I have played recently. None of them have lost their touch (like river_relic has). Just FYI.

Whitedog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there. Been gone for a while. I finally pried the prize package out of my crammed mailbox. Inside was a promo poster for Majesty and Norhtern Expansion, the autographed picture of Jay standing in front of Hugh's place (was it flat when you sent it?), a Cyberlore calculator and a cool Cyberlore pen that lights up. Say, Jay, where can I get refills for it? Really, its a nice pen. Good grab, Seth. Oh. I also got a note saying "Hi Whitedog, Thanks for playin'. Enjoy, Seth.", written on Playboy Mansion West stationery, possibly with the same pen. Thanks for the stuff guys.

[ 09. June 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Whitedog ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: