Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Win Stuff from Jay's Desk!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

okay, so why didnt you tell us that earlier. half the wishlist can go in the dump because of that.

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Well they wont use an idea exactly as presented in the forum, but they might use forum ideas as inspiration for other things.

For example:
My idea for the non-lethal leprechaun might be included in the form of a differnt non-lethal monster. It just can't be anything close enough that could be proven in court that the idea was used.

[ 22. May 2003, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: wavefront ]

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I remember I had an idea that got implemented into the Northern expansion (teleporting/moving monster lairs) as well as the ideas of a few other people. I think thats why some of our forum names appear in the NE.

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

forum names??

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, forum names. Next time you're playing the Northern Expansion, check out the names of some of the Inns.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

hm, don't wanna take the time. tell me the names now.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

No. Check it out for yourself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
M

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

hM, don't havva expansion. tell me the naMes now.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

No. Go buy a copy of Majesty Gold.

- Twy

Whitedog

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if the legal issue would rear its ugly head. In my opinion, just add a disclaimer in the forum stating that all posts are property of Cyberlore. Anyone who doesn't want to give free ideas to better a game, don't post it here in the Forums. It could be that simple, couldn't it? As for the Changeling, just send me a legal form with the 'prize' and I'll be happy to sign it over to you as is. I'm sure that you guys could change it enough to avoid any hassles, but why mess with perfection? I find that personal satisfaction for a job well done (or an idea well liked, as the case may be) is the best reward that you can get. Anything extra is just gravy.

Now, I'm off to build some Inns...

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Whitedog:
In my opinion, just add a disclaimer in the forum stating that all posts are property of Cyberlore. Anyone who doesn't want to give free ideas to better a game, don't post it here in the Forums. It could be that simple, couldn't it?

Unfortunately, it's not that simple at all... although I'm sure Cyberlore (and every creative industry) wished it was.

Disclaimers like that don't hold a drop of water in a court of law. Ever.

- Twy

Whitedog

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. Maybe we need another entry into this contest then. A monster lair that looks like a courthouse and breeds Goblin Champion Lawyers. This is similar to something that wavefront and I came up with for HoA. Have you still got that portrait wavefront? They could carry around briefcases to smack the Heroes around with, plus they have the ability to confuse and confound the Heroes with a legalspeak babble-type spell. Maybe even Goblin Overlord Judges with huge Gavels of Wholloping could come out once in a while, and little Goblin Bureaucrats that run around entangling Heroes in Red Tape. Now THAT, my friends, sounds like fun...

[ 25. May 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Whitedog ]

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

No offense Whitedog, but I'm starting to hope that NONE of your ideas are implemented into the next majesty game.

And the Inn that's named for me is: "The Tiger's Shadow" For some reason whenever i manage to get an Inn named that, monsters come charging towards it and raze it almost immediately...

[ 24. May 2003, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Can't say I blame 'em, T'

Last time I built a Tiger's Shadow, I just went ahead and razed it myself... the old fashioned cultie bon-fire way...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: