Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Win Stuff from Jay's Desk!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DragonWizard012:
Unicorn
Unicorns won't attack your buildings or heroes unless their being attacked. Unicorns will attack evil creatures such as goblins and ratmen and heal good creatures like your heroes....Unicorns can be charmed by healers.

What is the point of a healer charMing a Unicorn? They are on your side enough as it is!

Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Ok folks we have a couple of winners!

Congrats and thanks to everyone who posted. There's some really nice stuff here. I wish the prizes were nicer. All of these would make great encounters for the game.

First some honorable mentions:

Daboyz: I like the bandit spinoff idea, but they are somewhat of hero spawning building too...

Wavefront: The Leprechaun! I'm already annoyed at the lil' buggers!

TaleSpinner: The Avatar of Twylah. I'm seein' an Easter Egg...

AND OUR WINNERS:

Whitedog: The Changling. As we say in New England- Wicked!

AND

Tiger: The DeathKnight. For sheer descriptive quality. These dudes are in the Level Boss catagory, but that's ok. Lots of story potential.

So, Tiger and 'dog. email me at sspaulding@cyberlore.com and we'll get the Prize Patrol in motion.

For everyone else, thanks again and when you hear what they won you'll wonder what Jay does all day and how he's gonna clean his glasses now.

Keep the powder dry,

Seth

Daboyz

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Whitedog and Tiger!

Colin

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, good job guys.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Whitedog & Tiger (and TaleSpinner, who wrote my personal fave).

To all who entered -- FANTASTIC JOB!!! All of the entries were fun and creative. Thanks for giving all of us Majesty Fans a special gift.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Whitedog

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Ohmigosh! This is all so sudden! I'd like to thank my parents for believing in me, my 5th grade teacher...

But really, thanks for the congrats everybody. I'll actually have to contribute some of this to HoA. All of the ideas I've been sending down the pipe to TaleSpinner and having brainstorming sessions with him and wavefront this past while has been like a mental workout for me. The Changeling was actually an idea I had for HoA (although I don't know if I'm the first one to think it up ), and it still could be, but I wasn't exactly sure how it would be implimented using TaleSpinner's coding.

So, Seth, am I to understand that there really might be a Changeling in Legends? Or was all of this a ruse that you came up with after losing a bet to Jay and having to clean up his desk while he was gone?

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it'll be great to see an easter egg Avatar of Twylah running around in Maj2 - Cultists beware!

Really, it was extremely fun logging in and checking out new entries in this competition. Seth should hold some more in the future.

The changeling in HoA? Oh man.. I feel the head-ache coming back..

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

hey whitedog, i really liked your gargoyle idea. i wished that was the winning entry.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats guys!

Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

First on the nature of the prizes which a couple of you have asked about:
So, yeah, these are "prizes", in the broadest sense of the word, but literally - it's stuff from Jay's desk. Cult of Jay members aside, the EBay potential here is zero.

(Note: Jay does not endorse nor is he in any way connected to the growing "Cult of Jay" or the "Word of Jay Movement". No part of Jay's income is derived from donations to either organization.)

Second: Sadly, the specifics of the entries probably cannot be used in Legends. It's a legal thing I think. That said, we obviously do read the boards, particularly the wishlist, and we think Legends will be a better game for all the input you've all had since Majesty hit the shelves.

S'all for now,

Seth

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Seth Spaulding:
For everyone else, thanks again and when you hear what they won you'll wonder what Jay does all day and how he's gonna clean his glasses now.

Hey...?

I wondered where that went.

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, I need to clean my glasses... maybe it was rather handy and practical that I was able to win this contest!

I'm curious though what the specifics are on this "legal thing" which prevents you Cyberlore guys from using ideas submitted on the forum or the contest for use in your game(s)?

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Seth Spaulding:
Second: Sadly, the specifics of the entries probably cannot be used in Legends. It's a legal thing I think.

What? No Avatar of Twylah? No Changeling? No Death Knight? Not even as Easter Eggs? Are you serious, Seth? (sob!)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Well....Since Talespinner is the author I don't know why he hasn't already included the Avatar of Twylah in HoA already. No legal problems there.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

We'll not be writing off any ideas at this stage.

What he was referring to was the possibility of getting into legal tangles when it comes to using the ideas of others that are posted on the site. This has been a problem in the entertainment industry and so people can be a little gun-shy about doing this kind of thing for fear of somebody popping up down the road and suing for a portion of profits because their ideas were used the a financially successful book/movie/TVshow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: