Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Win Stuff from Jay's Desk!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, folks he's out at E3 and won't back for a week. He was actually pretty tickled when I did this last time and our forum readers had fun with it too. But this time he had the thoughtfulness to pre-provide a bunch of lame-o prizes for me to "steal".
But, I don't do that.
So, I stole a bunch of new stuff from his desk.
It can be yours.

The Contest:
Build a Better Monster
What beast should be included in "Legends" and why? Include any special abilities and quirks.
Best Monster -or Monsters in the case of multiple quality entries- wins stuff from Jay's desk.

Best regards,
Seth

Daboyz

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Monster Ideas: (I'm using "Maj equiv" to where it would stand in the balance of Majesty, since we don't have a list of all guilds etc in Legends.)

1. Bandit: Spawning from a new building, the Bandit camp (200 Maj Hp equivelant,) holds three classes of Bandit:

a: Highwayman: Low HP (35 maj equiv,) low magic resistance and medium physical resistance. These pesky bandits do 1-6 hp damage with their ranged bows. The Highway man considers Rogues to be their inferiors, as they have aligned with a kingdom and, therefore, will attack any they see. As their name suggests, Highwaymen will also target caravans, however, instead of destroying them, they will steal from them.

b: Maurader: These are the pillagers of the Bandit Camp and, as such, will target buildings and henchmen first. They have no magic resiatance, medium high physical resistance and 65 Maj equivelant hit points. They do 1-8 damage with their war axes. Mauraders are immune to Warrior of Discords cry.

c: Bandit Leader: For every war party spawned, there with be a 100 HP Maj equivelant Bandit Leader. Medium Magic resistance and High Physical reistance, the Bandit Leader is a formidible foe, who prefers to dispatch any spellcasters who might kill his followers.

Given the chance, Highwaymen will improve their armor and weapons both at the Blacksmith and a Wizards Guild, as well as purchase first level potions at a Magic Bazzar.

Bandit camps tend to spawn in bunches of 3, with each camp holding 200-500 gold and the possibility of 1 magic weapon. Like a Goblin outpost, when a Bandit camp is first attacked, a swarm of 4 Highwaymen, 2 Mauraders and 1 Bandit Leader will be spawned.

Colin

Edited down to 1.

[ 13. May 2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Daboyz ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Colin! One monster. One monster.

How about the Griffin taken from Mythology.

The Majesty Legends Griffin will be a large golden creature with the head of a bird, body of a lion and tail of a scorpion. It will have two powerfull attacks. One with its claws mauling heroes on the ground. The second attack will be a poisonous sting from it scorpion tail which it will use on fleeing combatants. The poison will be more powerful and faster acting than the simple poisons of the Daemonwood or Strangleweed. Only al high level hero with many hit-points or many healing potions will survive it. Because of its ability to fly when the Griffin loses health in combat it will have the ability to fly out of range of normal melee heroes. A hero with a powerful ranged attack will have the best chances of destroying the Griffin when it flees.

/edit: Why? 1)Majesty Legends cannot have to many cool monsters. 2) A well done graphic rendition of the Golden Griffin would look really cool. 3)Because I am trying to win more stuff off Jay's desk.

[ 13. May 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

dragons:

farie dragons
Large amought of HP, ranged, flying, can only be hit by ranged attack. Very fast, has teleport, only appear on very difficult quests. They have all wizard ( or equverlent ) spells and lighting breath attack. Extremely dangerous for most classes except wizards (and / or equiverlent ) good chance a farie dragon get attached to a high level wizards. and therefore become friendly

gold dragon
Large amought of HP, ranged, flying, can only be hit by ranged attack. They have all monk (or equiverlent) spells and petrify attack. Extremely dangerous to most class, except monk and paladins ( amazons, and monk equiverlent). Can be attached to high level monks.

black dragons
Large amought of HP, ranged, flying, can only be hit by ranged attack, They have all pristress (or equiverlent ) spells and drain life attack. Extremely dangerous to all classes execpt
Pristress or equiverlent

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Unicorn
Unicorns won't attack your buildings or heroes unless their being attacked. Unicorns will attack evil creatures such as goblins and ratmen and heal good creatures like your heroes. Unicorns will rush into battle by charging into the monster/hero it's attacking. They then attack the monster/hero with there horn. Unicorns can be charmed by healers.

Orcs
Basically the equivalent to goblins and ratmen. They serve as scouts. They have two swords. Orcs can also spin around hitting many opponents at once. It only does this if it's being attacked by two heroes or more heroes.

Orc Mages
Basically the equivalent to goblin priests and ratmen shamans. Orc Mages will shoot fireballs out of their staffs and they are always with three orc minions. The Orc Mages can teleport themselves and their orc minions.

[ 13. May 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Leprechaun: A mischievous magical sprit. Though they never cause physical harm these foul little creatures are greed incarnate. As I envisioned it, the Leprechaun is cowardly and quick. You can't really kill a Leprechaun. When you reduce him to zero HP he turns incorporeal and leaves the map. A chest of gold then appears at a location nearby. Leprechauns cast spells.

Steal gold: Works like ranged stealing. Can be cast on buildings or heroes.

Teleport: Works like the Majesty spell.

Why… Monsters don't need to kill things to be problem. The Leprechaun is non-lethal but highly annoying to the player. It steals, taunts you, and runs away when threatened.

Seth: Since I'm the only one that explained "why" do I win by default?

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to use an old idea I came up with from the majesty wish lists.

The DeathKnight, description: (undead overlord)
These fiendish unholy knights are thought to be remnants of an elite brand of warrior reanimated by the Lichqueen to be the generals of her legions of dead minions.
Any soul unfortunate enough to encounter one of these walking nightmares should be adept at using the powers of light, or the ability harness the forces of darkness and subdue the will of these horrendous beasts, causing them to turn upon themselves.
Reports have been heard that even the "weakest" deathknights encountered are equiped with a strong unholy armor which only the strongest weapons and spells are able to penatrate. Even more disturbing, deathnights seem to attract anything dead, or that is to say, undead to them from miles in every direction. Small settlements are thus in danger of being over-run by ravenous zombies if there's even just one deathnight in the vecinty who decides to set his sights on it!
Even the High Priestes of Krypta, Margareath NightShade has offered rewards for the heads of these unholy creatures because one such beast took the life of her sole daughter... and added her to its undead horde.
As for the behavior of deathknights. Some wander seemingly without purpose even oblivious to anything around them, while others seem to still be following out the Lichqueen's will to raze all temples and cities built in honor of the gods Agrela and Daurous. But rumors are told that some deathnights are organizing a massive campaign to rid the whole of Ardania of anything living, and attack any living soul be it human, beast or even monster that comes across their path.
Stats and abilities:
They can cast one of 2 spells, such as whither, or leach life but at a much slower rate than a vampire in original majesty. Also not a spell but a passive power; any lesser undead creatures such as skeletons, zombies, and shadowbeasts will swarm to the location of a deathknight, (or the most powerful deathknight if they can be given varying degrees of strength and there's more than one deathknight on the map) and will follow it but will disperse once the deathknight is defeated. This is kind of like the goblins swarming except the death knight has its own will and wont necessarily seek out other undead beings.
They are also are adept in meelee combat weilding a large corroded broadsword. They are slow however and arent able to dodge ranged attacks well, although the effects of which are not strong against a deathnight. Can not be poisoned because they're already dead, decent defence and magic resitance, but the spell harm undead is effective at causing major damage, and a skilled priestess of Krypta can kill a deathnight with ease by casting her control undead spell, thus destroying it since deathnights are too powerful for them to control. Fire is also useful to a lesser exent.

Why should this monster be put in Majesty2? Because they could be a link to the original Majesty's former boss the Lich Queen, one of my favorite bosses from the original game. And her voice was so dang creepy! Plus this could be sort of an anti-hero creature rather than just merely a monster. The behaviour and abilities of deathnights could be sporadic and random like a hero so you wouldn't know exactly what to expect when trying to deal with one.

[ 15. May 2003, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...I don't often run contests. So to clarify:
One monster per customer. But, if more than one person has a cool entry I may split the prizes - I swiped a lot of stuff.

In the case of existing multiple entries I'll choose the coolest one from the list and go with that. Monsters of a theme (such as different types of ratmen), will be considered as one entry.

SIG,

Seth

Grumbold

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Hispa:
Humanoid reptiles with a taste for human flesh and luxury goods. While not too dangerous out of their native environment, their favourite habit is to indulge in lightning fast raids on caravans, taxmen and other likely targets that get too close to their marshy lair. When attacked they usually flee, luring their enemies into the swamp where they can be trapped and slowly whittled down by lightly venemous darts. The hunters carry darts and blowpipes. The rarer catchers possess nets to immobilise their opponents for a time and tridents. Its rumored that shamans and even more fearsome breeds live in the swamp, but the few people who claim to have seen them are dismissed as drunken boasters or madmen.

M

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Firedrake.

Firebreathing attacks. Has poor defense and attack(35). Has good HP and high daMage. Casts spell "SuMMon Bird." This spell creates a firebird. The birds are just like weaker Firedrakes, but they can't suMMon anything.

Why? Majesty Legends should have More archery Monsters so that the hero "Dodge" stat is useful.

What is this 'stuff' you swiped anyway?

[ 17. May 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: MMMMM ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
...What is this 'stuff' you swiped anyway?

This is what I won two years ago. Time flies!

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Federal Express came today. I look out the window. What's this? I'm not expecting anything. Go to the door sign for a package. Glance at the mailing label real fast. "Hey! Mister, you have made a mistake. This is for someone named Seth Spaulding."

Seth Spaulding!!! Agh! Slam the door. (Sorry delivery guy.) Run back into the house ripping and tearing the package open as I go. Here is an inventory of the contents:

1 Jay Adan business card
1 Fall 2001 XBOX Brochure
1 Sega Dreamcast Pill Box with 45 little white pills inside. !?!?!?!?!(Turn it over and the back reads:
Premium Peppermints
Net weight .65 oz * Contains 80 Mints
Ingredients: Sorbitol, Natural and Artifical Flavors, Gum Arabic, Acesulfam-K, Magnesium Stearate.
c1999 All Rights Reserved, 79653

4 Majesty Button Pins
1 Dirgo
1 Flaire
1 Nerni
1 Yeti

1 Cyberlore 2001 Demo Video (box slightly damaged) (Already viewed.) Contains trailers and videos from Al-Qadim, the Genie's Curse, Majesty:FKS as well as Borg Assimilator (not listed on box).

1 Handwritten note from Seth on Cyberlore stationary which reads:

Barbara/Goldy,
Congrats! My apologies for the lame E3 swag, But great job on the Jay trivia!
Thanks!
Best Regards,
Seth

Thanks, Seth. Best surprise package I ever got.

Goldy

[ 13. May 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Seth,

Would it be okay if I add to my orc list?

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

A suggestion to those who have already posted:

Please edit your posts and choose ONE monster to enter into the contest. This will save poor Seth a lot of time and headache, trying to make that decision.

Thanks -- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Contest rules addendum:
Yeah sure you betcha! You can add, delete and revise up until Friday when I sit down with a martini and go through the posts.
I love these entries already!

FAB,

Seth

[ 13. May 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Seth Spaulding ]

Whitedog

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Win Stuff from Jay's Desk! Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, wavefront. I see you let the Lepruchaun out of the closet.

This is an idea which started off as a monster but could evolve into an entire Quest scenario: the Changeling

The Changeling would originally be encountered as the weakest form of creature native to the region, such as a Goblin, Giant Spider, Rust Spitter, etc., but each time it is 'defeated' it evolves into the next-strongest monster for that region, such as a Varg or a Hellbear, and eventually it evolves into the toughest monster such as a Dragon or Rock Golem. Each Changeling wouldn't have to have the same evolving pattern. Some may only have 3 forms, while another could have 6 completely different forms than a previously encountered Changeling. However, when defeated in its final form, it is completely destroyed. Of course, the players will not be completely sure which stage could be the last one which is part of the fun. The only extra ability that Changelings have, which they add to any other current abilities that they have, is a high rate of regeneration.

To make this into a Quest scenario, you could have the Changeling take on the form of a Hero that it defeats. Its goal would be to reach the Palace and take over as the Sovereign Ruler. This could be made very difficult for the player in a few ways:

1) Changelings always show up as the creature that they are impersonating in the info window. Thus, when the player clicks on one that is in the form of a Flowering Strangleweed, the info window displays the picture and stats for a Flowering Strangleweed, not "Changeling" with Flowering Strangleweed stats and picture, like when a Hero uses a Shape Changing potion. The only way to know for sure is to actually see it change during the game.

2) When a Changeling defeats a Hero and takes on their form, there is no 'death message' (my service ends...), nor does the tombstone show up on the view-finder as a grey square. You can only see it by scrolling over top of it. It would be undetectable just like the Daemonwood are. Even when selecting the Changeling Hero, the name and all stats, items and spells will be identical to the defeated Hero. Only its mannerism would give it away: Changelings don't respond to Explore/Attack flags, they can not advance in level and they attempt to defeat any Hero that they meet which is of a higher level than they are, thus becoming a higher level Hero themselves. They also do not respond to being dismissed. Instead, their status bars could change from blue to a different colour (now 'marked'), and the portrait could read somethig like "This Hero follows his own monarchy", or something like that. Of course, if the players aren't careful then they could dismiss legit Heroes by mistake...

A favourite tactic of a marked Changeling Hero would be to take on a group of Heroes and defeat the strongest one, thus taking on a new form and becoming unmarked once again. The forray would end and the other Heroes would assume that the Changeling was defeated since it is no longer around. Only a VERY attentive player would be able to keep track of a Changeling, and I imagine that keeping track of multiple Changelings would be quite difficult.

Why? This is, I feel, a creative and different kind of monster, yet requires no new artwork. Also, as indicated, an entire Quest could be based on it.

Now, I know that we're only supposed to submit one, but I really like this next idea as well, plus it fits into the loophole (it's something that a Changeling could change into ) plus it's short (please don't delete it, Twylah!): a twist on the classic Gargoyle. They would spawn from graveyards and be relatively tough customers, but the real worry for the player is when Gargoyles makes it to a building. They affix themselves on top and attack passers-by, possibly preventing anyone from entering it. Any attacks made to a perched Gargoyle also damage the building (whether or not they harm the Gargoyle), possibly destroying it if it is a small or damaged building, or if there are multiple Gargoyles, or if the Heroes get a little over-zealous with high-damaging attacks.

Why? It offers the players multiple threats, not just another "kill it and move on" monster.

100 hp
25 Resistance
50 Dodge
60 Defense

- Agile in combat
- Tough rock-like skin

These unusual creatures tend to spawn from graveyards, but whether or not they are true undead is yet to be determined. While quite feared in combat, their true danger comes from their love of perching atop buildings and staying until either they or the building is destroyed.

[ 13. May 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Whitedog ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: