Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Confirmed for Linux
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty confirmed for the Linux Platform

London, England. Cyberlore Studios Inc and Linux Game Publishing Ltd
announce that Majesty is confirmed for release for the Linux platform.

Majesty and its mission pack 'The Northern Expansion' will be ported to
Linux and made available through the Linux Game Publishing retail
channel.

Majesty is a groundbreaking 'Fantasy Kingdom Simulation' released for
Windows in 2000 to great acclaim. It was nominated for numerous
prestigious awards, winning several, including one from Computer Gaming
World. Majesty provides a fresh look at the way computer games are
played. Tom Chick, writing for CNet, wrote: ""...Majesty is one of the
most important new RTS games in a long time. Cyberlore has keenly
demonstrated that you can march to the beat of a different drummer and
still give one hell of a parade."

As the leader of a medieval kingdom, you need to defend it from
rampaging magical creatures, and entice heroes to join your cause. But
unlike other games where you simply control what happens, in Majesty you
have to make your minions WANT to do what you ask!

About Cyberlore Studios Inc.
Located in Northampton, Massachusetts, Cyberlore has earned critical
acclaim and commercial success over the past nine years for creating
original titles, expansion sets, and sequels to computer games. The
Majesty franchise has achieved sales of over 300,000 units and garnered
a loyal fan base. Cyberlore's other titles include MechWarrior 4: Black
Knight, Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Price of Loyalty, and WarCraft
II: Beyond the Dark Portal.

More information about Cyberlore can be found at http://www.cyberlore.com.
The official Majesty website is located at http://www.majestyquest.com.

About Linux Game Publishing LTD.
Founded in 2001, Linux Game Publishing was formed to help companies
bring their games to market. Combining extensive Linux knowledge with
a solid business foundation, Linux Game Publishing is partnering with
a number of other companies to bring to Linux both ports of games from
other platforms and original titles.

For more information please contact Linux Game Publishing Press
Department
press@linuxgamepublishing.com
The Linux Game Publishing website is located at http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

WOW!

Spittledung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Good deal! I've been dual-booting into Windows mainly to play Windows games, but here is another reason to ditch M$.

------------------

Spittledung

BlackDouglas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! This is wonderful news!

I will buy this the day it becomes available, and I'll tell every Linux user I know.

Great move, Cyberlore.

One question: Will the LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP?) be compatible so Linux machines can play against PCs?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

To second BlackDouglas's question. Do you have any information on the support for MP games for the Linux version?

As I understand it. Mac users and Pc users of Majesty cannot play MP games. Will it be the same for Linux? In other words, must players run Majesty from the same OS platform to play one another?

Goldy

------------------
"I'm the first dog to ever see a rainbow and none of the other dogs believe me." - Stuart, Kate and Leopold

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 09 January 2002).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Mintof

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

... and it would still be nice to NE ported to Macs.

Covell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it would be nice to get NE to the Mac, but I probably wouldn't play it unless it also got ported to OS X as well. Ughh there is nothing a poor old Mac Majesty player can do? I have tried e-mailing MacPlay, but to no avail. Oh well, maybe soon I will get a PC and play Majesty 2 with you guys when it comes out.

Also I would highly doubt that the Linux will be compatable with the PC version. I think that the PC version uses DirectPlay as a networking protocol, and Cyberlore would have to release a intensive new patch for the PC side if they wanted to make the game cross-platform networkable. I just want to *cough* PUSH for a NON-DIRECTPLAY Majesty2.

lgp_msp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by BlackDouglas:
One question: Will the LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP?) be compatible so Linux machines can play against PCs?[/QB]

At this point, it is undetermined whether it will be possible to keep Linux/PC (or Linux/Mac, or both) compatibility. Networking is on the horizon, and we're hopeful but no promises yet. DirectPlay may bite us on this one.

(I should add that I'm hoping to do a Linux/PPC version, but it may end up being a post-release side project.)

I do not in any way shape or form represent Cyberlore, and my relationship with Linux Game Publishing is as a developer on Majesty. I don't represent company views at all.

I am, however, very excited by our progress, and the idea of having this game under Linux.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by lgp_msp:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDouglas:
One question: Will the LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP?) be compatible so Linux machines can play against PCs?

At this point, it is undetermined whether it will be possible to keep Linux/PC (or Linux/Mac, or both) compatibility. Networking is on the horizon, and we're hopeful but no promises yet. DirectPlay may bite us on this one.

(I should add that I'm hoping to do a Linux/PPC version, but it may end up being a post-release side project.)

I do not in any way shape or form represent Cyberlore, and my relationship with Linux Game Publishing is as a developer on Majesty. I don't represent company views at all.

I am, however, very excited by our progress, and the idea of having this game under Linux.[/QB]

Thanks for posting that update. I've been a little in the dark regarding the progress on this project so there's been nothing for me to say.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty Linux has gone beta according to http://www.linuxgames.com.

I can't get to http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com or I'd check to see if there was more information.

lgp_msp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Slight update: Now we're actually getting ready to go beta. The announcement linked above was a screenshots release. To sign up for the beta, go to http://betas.linuxgamepublishing.com/ All the major functionality is in, so we're pretty excited here now

Deimios

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:34 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

I see a grim future for Linux if it continues this way... I can remember the good old days when the name Linux was equal to Free. But now it is getting more and more commercial.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

For those who have been anciously awaiting this, I just wanted to mention that we are currently looking over what could be the final build of Majesty for Linux right now!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

I will be watching..... I have a dual-boot DELL which runs Linux Jay. I will be interested to try it out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
BlackDouglas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Majesty Confirmed for Linux Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for keeping us updated, Jay. I'll be buying the game when it becomes available, and I'll make sure to mention it on my web site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: