Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

We're off to E3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 9:25 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

No complain with Jay,
He will just send you away,
Till another day.

Better Goldy?
I really hate poetry!!!

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Tajma

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 9:50 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, good one Madness!!

I think it's really hard to make a poem in English with an exact number of syllables in each line! Since a word in English usually consist of multiple syllables.

Asian languages are a bit different though, lots of them have only 1 syllable for a word. Perfect for this kind of poetry.

Your luck, wanna try?
Perhaps a fish you might catch!
Why hesitate, join!
Help to clean up Jay's office!

------------------
Tajma

Time is not your enemy, forever is.

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 11:24 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

I know i probably don't send a chance of winning this contest so I might as well save the time of guessing all the answers. sigh And why'd stupid Seth have to make this into a Hiku contest! Make it a little more intimidating why don't ya?!

Dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 11:43 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

I am not big an haiku, but I'll do a poem just for kicks.

In the land of faceless games,
where no one stood to make a name,
and everything was just more of the same,
there came a group with a claim to fame.

'Twas Majesty they called their lot
It promised things others had not.
A legacy they surely sought,
with this idea that was wicked hot.

From the west they called the man,
this humble hero called Jay Adan.
Who was ready to take a stand,
and pursue this righteous plan.

He tracked and followed every hit,
to post more than a little bit,
and told the news where it would fit,
on this quest for fame, he did not quit.

People came from worlds around,
to hear the news that was so profound,
anticipation was all they found
as gamers reached for every sound.

So this is what the people say.
About Cyberlore and this guy called Jay.
For this game thay would gladly pay,
And hope Majesty 2 would appear someday.

Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 9:55 am    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, okay...the Haiku thing was a little wierd...I was freebasing Benadryl when I came up with it...That's also, by the way, why there is no question 2.

So here's my entry:

Adan, at his desk
Certain with all his keystrokes,
Marketing genius

Daboyz

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 12:47 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Goldy!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 1:20 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

"So we have Twlah and housefish coming in with 3. But Twylah's "Dark bearded muffin" Haiku goes into the Majesty Pantheon."

So what's a Majesty Pantheon, and what do I get for it? (kidding)

Congrats, Goldy -- you GO girl!

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 2:05 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, Goldy!

I can't believe I got 4 right... it was like eeny-meeny-miney-moe for me...

------------------
Thwip!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 4:13 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

My web master's back and there's gonna be trou-ble.... hey naaa, hey naaa - my web master's back.

Okay, maybe not everybody is going to get the reference there. I'm old. Deal with it.

So, E3 went very well. Lot's of stuff bubbling under the surface that I can't talk about yet.

I'm really starting to enjoy these impromptu contests that happen when I go away. Seth's a Fun Guy (or is that Fungi?). Congrats to Goldy, but thanks to everybody that participated. The Haiku's and Dragon's poem were all cool. I'm going to be printing out the thread so that my family can see it.

I'm going to be opening another topic regarding the future of the forum. Please be sure to take a look and give your opinion if you have one.

- Jay

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 5:58 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

He knows what you've been tryin'...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Contest Answers!

Well, this is sort of more like "Learn About Jay" as opposed to "Show off what you know about Jay", but, what the heck. The reason I had to wait till Monday to do the answers is that I didn't know all of 'em. So here we go:

1) c - Juventino (yeah, I even spelled it wrong!)

2) Mobile phone (The answer to the missing Question 2)

3) b) Hollywood special effects artist
(Among other places, catch his name in the Starship Trooper credits)

4) d) 4 or more (Frankly, in all the excitement, even he's not sure how many posters he's banned)

5) d) The break room. If you visit Northampton I highly recommend any of those other places...but none are open for lunch.

6) a) Griffon Games,
A great little shop
Online griffongames.com
In Greenfield, Mass

7) b) One of my personal faves

8) "a" or "d" would have been acceptable. Jay's desk L's around the window.

9) This is a toughie.

So we have Twlah and housefish coming in with 3. But Twylah's "Dark bearded muffin" Haiku goes into the Majesty Pantheon.

At 4 correct answers we have Madness, bladles, Spiderman. Spidey gets the Haiku nod here.

And winning the contest with 5 correct answers, is Goldy Bear!

Congrats! AP credits in Jay101 for you!

I'll keep to the letter of the law, the Haiku was meant to be a tie breaker but since Goldy was the only one with 5 right, the lack of proper Haiku is excused.
Goldy, Email me for a prize info.

And Dragon, awesome work, when I do the "Epic Poem" contest, you don't need to re-enter, we'll just use this one. I think Jay got all blushy when he read it! :-)

Thanks to all!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 11:55 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Seth made my day! I never win contests. If this had been a haiku contest I wouldn't have bothered. So I may have won but it sure wasn't through creativity.

Thanks again, Seth!

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 5:57 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Federal Express came today. I look out the window. What's this? I'm not expecting anything. Go to the door sign for a package. Glance at the mailing label real fast. "Hey! Mister, you have made a mistake. This is for someone named Seth Spaulding."

Seth Spaulding!!! Agh! Slam the door. (Sorry delivery guy.) Run back into the house ripping and tearing the package open as I go. Here is an inventory of the contents:

1 Jay Adan business card
1 Fall 2001 XBOX Brochure
1 Sega Dreamcast Pill Box with 45 little white pills inside. !?!?!?!?!(Turn it over and the back reads:
Premium Peppermints
Net weight .65 oz * Contains 80 Mints
Ingredients: Sorbitol, Natural and Artifical Flavors, Gum Arabic, Acesulfam-K, Magnesium Stearate.
c1999 All Rights Reserved, 79653

4 Majesty Button Pins
1 Dirgo
1 Flaire
1 Nerni
1 Yeti

1 Cyberlore 2001 Demo Video (box slightly damaged) (Already viewed.) Contains trailers and videos from Al-Qadim, the Genie's Curse, Majesty:FKS as well as Borg Assimilator (not listed on box).

1 Handwritten note from Seth on Cyberlore stationary which reads:

Barbara/Goldy,
Congrats! My apologies for the lame E3 swag, But great job on the Jay trivia!
Thanks!
Best Regards,
Seth

Thanks, Seth. Best surprise package I ever got.

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 9:22 am    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy,

I'm really glad you liked it.

Our boys at E3 did a great job this year with the business-type stuff. Meeting people with money and getting them to give us some of it and all, but a terrible job with swag. Logo'd baseball caps, frisbees, water bottles, even the obligatory XXL T-shirt. Nada.
Dreamcast mints. That's the best we could do.

Hey, that demo video had an Al-Qadim trailer on it?? Uh, I may have sent you the wrong one. And as for the case being slighly damaged...well, there was a reason it didn't make the trip to E3! :-)
Just be glad you didn't win the pen with "Cyberlore" misspelled on it.

- Seth

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: We're off to E3! Reply with quote Back to top

I really doubt that there was any Al-Qadim stuff on it. You didn't mean Pool of Radiance 2, did you?

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: