Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

(From GameSpy's website)

GameSpy Arcade Announces Support for Majesty Gold, Combat
Spiff | 1:48 | GameSpy News

GameSpy Arcade bumped up its already monstrous level of support for online games a couple of notches today by adding support for two new titles -- err, rather two old titles in brand new wrappers: Majesty Gold (which repackages the original game with the recently released Northern expansion) and Combat. Both are classics in their respective genres (Majesty for helping redefine real-time strategy; Combat as an old-school tank-blasting arcade favorite). Now they've both gained new life thanks to a new coat of paint and online multiplayer support from Arcade.

If you're already an Arcade user and you want to play either Majesty Gold or Combat, simply launch the software and head into the games' lobbies. If you haven't downloaded Arcade yet -- and you want to experience online gaming the way it was meant to be experienced -- grab the software now from the Arcade Web site. With support for over 300 retail games, blindlingly fast server browsing, chat, instant messaging, buddy tracking and more, Arcade is your indispensable all-in-one gaming tool.

Source: GameSpy Arcade

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Jay,

Does this imply that Majesty Gold will be incompatible for multi-player games with Majesty:FKS CD's and Majx CD's??????

How is this game actually bundled? Both games on one CD somehow combined or is it sold as the original CD's in one box?

I realize the multi-player community is not that large and it may not matter but would someone like me who has the original game and the expansion be unable to play an MP game with someone who has Majesty: Gold?

Goldy

------------------
"I'm the first dog to ever see a rainbow and none of the other dogs believe me." - Stuart, Kate and Leopold

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, what's up with that Jay?

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

They should work together. I'm not sure why they decided to separate them out like that. Perhaps just to make sure that nobody was confused about which room to use. It also doesn't hurt GameSpy Arcade to add another title to the list of titles they support... even if it's not really a new title.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Korben

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:29 am    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

I think that GSA works so
that it checks the registery keys for
installed games. If the new Gold version
makes registery key of it's own at different location, Majesty Gold owners and "old" Majesty players can't even see each others rooms.

Hope I'm wrong

Otherwise small registry correction utility should do the trick, if the games are compatible.

Korben

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Has any of you GOLD owners played at GSA?

I haven't got an answer to my post above!

I can't see any Majesty Gold room, so maybe I was right after all

It's a bummer if old and new players never get to play each other.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Korben,

The gold version of Majesty simply took both programs and put them on one CD. There was some minor programming for a splash screen that allows you to launch either game from it. I haven't actually played online. I am just too sick for RTS games right now. My reflexes and short-term memory are shot. But I did fire up GSA. GSA supports Gold by means of the already existing game rooms. They are the same games.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

And I was just about to ask what Gold was, I should be around here more..

Goblin king

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Gamespy Arcade to support Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! Ha! Ha! I despise the rats Ha! Ha! and soon they will feel my wrath!!

Anyway when are they coming with the expansion for mac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: