Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Multiplayer patch now available
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 9:23 am    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

Update #4, the multiplayer patch, is now available for download at - http://www.cyberlore.com/Majesty/downloads/MajestyUpdate4.exe

This update is ONLY for Windows users. It specifically addresses the problem that arose when The Zone stopped supporting Majesty multiplayer. With this patch you'll be able to play Majesty on GameSpy Arcade without having the Zone software installed.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

FFDREAM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:48 am    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

WooHoo, umm, does it do anything else?

------------------
He who plays more, talks less.

FFDREAM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

People with 1.4, can't play people with 1.3!

------------------

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 11:33 am    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

no improvements eh?

------------------

My poem concerning the NE quest "Powers of Chaos":

Powers of chaos hear my cry
For I'm the sovereign let your powers pry
You're weak and fraile like you always were
My powers will demolish you like a fire and fur

Carch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 2:41 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

AWESOME!

Thank you...

rushes off to uninstall the evil zone software...

_/\ C

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 1:07 am    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

Woooohooo!!!!!!!!

Jumping up and down, dancing in circles, throwing my arms around an imaginary Jay and hugging the stuffing out of him.

Does anyone get the idea I am happy?

Played must first game of Majesty multi-player in like forever...............

The patch did some magic.

Jay, since the messenger gets all the grief I figured I would give him all the credit. Thanks

Goldy

P.S. I was using my NAT Router, too. But it was set as a DMZ host. Still can't figure out how to configure without DMZ. Another puzzle to solve.........

P.P.S Okay where is Twylah? Gotta dig her out of Zeus land. I am ready to play!.........

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 9:47 am    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really happy that the patch worked for you, Goldy. I was afraid that you were going to end up with one of those strange, computer-specific problems that's hard to track down.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 3:51 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
P.P.S Okay where is Twylah? Gotta dig her out of Zeus land. I am ready to play!.........

Goldy,

I'm not in Zeus-land anymore... I've entered the land of Heroes of Might & Magic III. I bought the two latest Expansions for Steven last week and have been spending obscene amounts of time learning the game... aside from a day (yesterday) spent at Six Flags riding rollercoasters.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 10:02 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

HUGE SIGH!

I spoke to soon it appears. Immediately after downloading and installing the patch I was able to join and play a game with a guy named PickleDick last night.

Today, I attempted to join games with both River_Relic and Wag_the_Cat. I got the same old problem. Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggghhh!

It seems that it was random chance my game worked last night either that or there are certain players I cannot connect with.

I was able to play a game with River_Relic after I disconnected my router and hosted. Hosting a game seems to be the only thing that works consistantly.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
FFDREAM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2001 2:43 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Goldy, that router is the problem, Gamespy doesn't really support that kinda equipment, I have problems when ever I use it, and have to disconnect mine whenever I play Majesty or Unreal. Be sure to also close any firewall programs like ZoneAlarm and such.

------------------
Don't quote me on that.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2001 9:34 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

FFDream,

The first game I played the other evening with Pickle to completion was through the NAT Router. I joined his game and it worked THAT TIME.

The next day after being unable to join a game (the old problem had returned), I immediately disconnected the Router. I played half a dozen games with as many different people. In each case, I attempted to join their game first(the Router was still disconnected). I was able to host everyone that I had attempted to join, however.

Since, the Router worked that time (an anomolous event apparently) and since I have attempted dozens of games over the last couple of months to no avail (without Router) I know that this is not a Router issue.

Goldy

P.S. Additionally, I consider that the limitation that firewall users cannot host games to be a major deficiency. My son plays games on three other servers where he is able to host and play games through the Router. The hosting limitation for firewall users prevents two gamers with firewalls from playing any games together. I am sorry to disagree with you but I call it the way I see it. The reality is that broadband usage is increasing and is the optimal connection these days for online games. Add that to the fact that its is downright foolish to run a PC with an always on connection that has no firewall protection, I would judge that GameSpy is the problem, not the NAT Router or any firewall.
------------------
I'll be back......!

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 06 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 06 March 2001).]

Golem XV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2001 11:11 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

my router works nice it is a linksys it configues ip dns dhcp everything the only thing that i dont like about it is that i have to be in the dmz to play games

------------------
The King of Typos is here

FFDREAM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2001 11:20 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

I to point fingers at gamespy and noone else. They need to get with the act.

------------------
Don't quote me on that.

Seven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 8:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy has firewall? or am I just saying the wrong thing?

------------------
We are the Borg
You will be assimilated
Resistance is futile.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:08 pm    Post subject: Majesty Multiplayer patch now available Reply with quote Back to top

I have a NAT Router which has similar problems at GSA as firewalls.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: