Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:49 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

The Freestyle Quest Contest has begun. Head over to Majesty-Dragon for the full details on how to enter.
http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty/

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 3:39 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

I can't find the place where you can download the entries. Are they not available yet or am I just stupid?

Mogor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:58 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should limit the number of entries to 1 or 3 (You decide). Because with so many, it will spread the vots out way too much. Also, if there is no limit, people will be entering tons of them without having to think hard about which of their ideas would rule. What I mean is, if you have 3, there are less to focus on, and they results will be much better.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:20 am    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're right Mogor. I've been working on the one I sent in today for quite a while and made sure it was beatable and fun first. But still wondering where I can download other people's entries.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:53 am    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

We're apparently just starting to get entries in and they have to be reviewed before they can be put up for download.

Don't worry. We're allotting a two-week period after entries are stopped to review them all.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:51 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty cow, I have not received your entry yet. I did receive one from someone calling themselves "Housefish", but they forgot to attach the quest to their e-mail.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:16 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, now I sent it.

Mogor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

I am gonna send all of mine when I am done them all. I want to edit them beofre I send.

housefish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:41 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

what!!!! i attached that sucker

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 10:20 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

It's a *QUEST* contest, Fishy... not a Sucker contest. That was last month. You missed it. Kit won.

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
housefish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 5:15 pm    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

hey there are two quests for download at dragons! (Mine included!!!!)

Daboyz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

We sent our first (and hardest) entry in a few days ago. I've got about 3 more to submit, but figure if there will be only a few contestants we're not going to flood the field with our stuff.

BTW our quest, "The Sage and the Wyrm" was designed by our 6 year old for my wife

Colin

[This message has been edited by Daboyz (edited 22 September 2001).]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:22 am    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps you can "flood" with the other entries after the contest is over so others can still play them?

------------------
Thwip!

Daboyz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:14 am    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think thatI'd be a great idea, but not as me flooding, but more of having a lead person (i.e Dragon if he's willing via Majesty-Dragon's website), who would be in charge of receving and posting games to FilePlanet.

Heck, if Dragon's not up to it, and someone can tell me how, I'd be willing just to have a "pre-made" scenario section that we all could enjoy (and I'd even promise to post them rather than keep them all to myself )

Colin

Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:33 am    Post subject: FREESTYLE QUEST CONTEST Reply with quote Back to top

Two more entries have been officially posted on Majesty-Dragon. You can see them all here.

You will want to download and play them so you will be able to vote on them next month. If anyone else has entries, be sure to get them in soon so that people will have time to try them out.

Also, I would be more than happy to setup a special section for freestyle quests that people create. FilePlanet has a ton of bandwidth and space to use, and I am at liberty to use as much as I need.

Perhaps when we get enough, I can release a "quest pack."

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 24 September 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: