Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Off to Gencon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's that time of year again.

Gencon, the premier gaming convention in Milwaukee, WI is happening this week and I'm flying out tomorrow to help Microsoft show off Mech Warrior 4: Black Knight.

If any of you happen to be going to the event, please stop by and say hello. As always, I'm fond of being able to meet the people whose messages I've been reading.

While I'm gone things will go on as normal. Twylah is in charge (as usual) and will rule the forum with her iron fist! Or, just do what she normally does.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have lots of cool photos when I get back (assuming the camera is working) and I'll post them to a web page so that everybody can see.

Have fun!

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 2:50 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
While I'm gone things will go on as normal. Twylah is in charge (as usual) and will rule the forum with her iron fist! Or, just do what she normally does.

That's "Iron Oven Mitt of Walhall", Jay. A *Unique* item -- (Int +250, Str +650, Dex +150, Cha +200, Find +75, Def +350, Att +200, Life +50)

Twylah begins to assemble her various kitchen weaponry with an evil grin on her face....

Let's see.... who's first? Hmmm... the wok looks clean.

Twylah looks around for Cooker

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
bladeles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 4:56 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... shows. Fun stuff.

Try to have some fun Jay... and don't forget to wear comfortable shoes!

------------------
...blooooddddd....

SmiteLore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun Jay and good luck with the camera!

------------------
Build ye a kindom and smite a$$ to keep it!

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
Let's see.... who's first? Hmmm... the wok looks clean.

Hey! That's my wok!

The Archmage begins to whine pitifully...

Jay...She took my wok. That meany. You can't leave her in charge. All she does is pick on us...!

Anyway, have a great time, Jay! Take confort to know that this forum is in...a skillet...?!

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:26 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

So long as she doesn't use the crockpot...
Or the wok...
Or the cookie tray...
Or the colander...
Or the Cuisinart...
Or the skillet...
At least on me...
Of course, if it's Cooker, then, that's okay....

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

*casts a terrified glance at Twylah*
JUST HURRY BACK AS FAST AS YOU CAN JAY! *looks at Twy again*
AHHHHH!!!!
*runs away screaming*

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 4:59 am    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker malfunctioned and exploded violently

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:00 am    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Have FUN... and good luck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Daboyz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:44 am    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Jay-

It's been years since I;ve been there but, assuming they are all still there, places to eat include:

Maders: Great German food.

American Cafe (I think that's the name): The hole in the wall right across the street from the loading docs of the convention center. Best and cheapest breakfast I found.

Safe House: Okay it's a bar, not a resteraunt. But with it's 60's spy motif, etc, you can't go wrong! Just remember, if asked, reply "I'm a friend of the owner."

Colin

Furfoot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 6:42 pm    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

I live in Milwaukee, and while I won't make GenCon this year, I can suggest some good food.

Mexican: La Fuente (5th Street) Hands-down the best Mexican food in Milwaukee. Try to get in before 5pm on weekends, though. They don't take reservations. Good prices, great food.

Italian: Buca's (Buca di Beppo - Van Buren) Excellent Italian food, might be a little pricey, though. For cheaper but good Italian, try Mimma's Cafe on Brady St.

German: John Ernst (Ogden Ave.) I actually prefer this to Maders. Both are kind of pricey, though.

The Water Street Brewery is pretty good for general food, as are the Ale House (Milwaukee Ale House - Water St.), and John Hawk's Pub (Wisconsin Ave.).

For really cheap or really late, try Jalisco's (24-hour Mexican) or George Webb (24-hour diner). Both have multiple locations.

For bars, the Hi Hat (Hi Hat Lounge - Arlington) is good for either beer or cocktails. For higher class (for GenCon?), try the Park Bar (dress code is enforced -- no tennis shoes or baseball hats), but wandering magicians will entertain you (whether you like it or not). For beer, try Landmark Lanes (Farwell). Huge bowling alley/bar sprawl. Nomad (The Nomad World Pub - Brady St.) is good too.

Of course, whether anyone either going to or at GenCon actually reads this before it's over is another matter entirely.

[This message has been edited by Furfoot (edited 04 August 2001).]

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 8:26 am    Post subject: Off to Gencon! Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm back, and busy as heck. CGW came by yesterday and we have more press here today. At least I got about half a day of rest.

I took lots of pictures, and got even more pictures from other folks I was there with so I'll try to put up the photo web page tomorrow.

As for the places I ate -

Mo's - REALLY good steak place. The Microsoft guys took me there the first night and when we were all done I thought that I was going to die right there. SOOO much good food it was hard to say no.

The Hotel - I stayed at the Courtyard downtown. Had some pasta there one night when I didn't feel like going out. Not bad, not exceptional in any way. It did the job.

The Safe House - This is a regular stop for me when I go out there. I had dinner with Dragon and Mike there one night, and had WAY too many drinks there on Sunday night with a Mech 4 fan that I met at the show. I have pictures of this.

Hooters - Contrary to popular belief, the food is one of the best reasons to go to Hooters. The sandwiches are great and they have a chocolate mousse pie that is to die for.

Mader's - There was an official Battletech dinner held by Electronic Arts on Friday night at Mader's. The food was pretty darn good and the place has a nice old-world feel to it.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: