Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Win Something From Twylah Skye!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2001 8:24 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

(sigh) This was harder than I thought it would be. But I've made my decision.

THE WINNER OF A COPY OF "MAJESTY; THE NORTHERN EXPANSION", COMPLIMENTS OF TWYLAH SKYE, IS.... (drumroll please).....

**** DABOYZ ****

Colin (Daboyz) thought of everything. He was creative, original and very very very funny. I loved everything about his list: the Tribbles, the Karaoke machine (and the Shatner CD), Bill Nye and his 3800 yds of dental floss, Ron Siegal (I especially liked that addition, being a huge Iron Chef fan), and last but not least, the Screaming Teenybopper Offense idea. Brilliant. Way to go.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
I have to acknowledge a few others who made my decision VERY tough....

ArbasBlood and his Martha Stewart reference... that was a good one.
Capt Burton's creative entry in the style of Bob & Doug McKenzie (I was howling!!! I still have that album and still love it.) And a hockey match between WoD's and Barbs??? LOLOL!!! Capt Burton's entry was the 1st runner-up, by the way.
Tajma's entry appealed to my anal-retentive side... I loved the categories!
Gurkan's "close-combat" atom bomb and the Baywatch Offense. The combat-banjo was hilarious.
Emperor's cheese, attorney and volleyball. What a combo.
Cooker's "pop-up" kingdom. I'd love to see that! But I'm wondering... were the roofs clear-plastic? Ya gotta be able to see inside, y'know. (grin)

Sadly, I had to disqualify a few entries... even though there were some REALLY good ones, I had to be fair and go by the posted rules. If an entry didn't fall within the guidelines, I didn't consider it for the prize. Sorry, guys, but I had to be totally fair.

Daboyz, please e-mail me with your mailing address. You can e-mail me at texasmedic@aol.com

I want to again thank everyone who took the time to participate. This was a LOT of fun and I hope it gave everyone as many giggles and grins as it gave me. This contest has AGAIN proven what an amazing bunch of folks we are... And I'm proud as hell to consider myself a part of this worldwide family.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tajma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2001 8:41 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

*sniffs*
Twy didn't like my post :-( j/k
It was fun! Coming up with the list was as much enjoyable as reading the posts.

Many thanks to Twy for this event, it was loads of fun, and I believe everyone was rewarded by many original, funny ideas.

Personally, I consider Apple's list to be the most creative, and most illogical! Of course I'm no where as generous as Twy, so Apple, if you want the NE's box gimme your phone number, address, DOB, Visa numbers!

Congrats to the winner!
------------------
Tajma

This issue no longer equals total logic.

[This message has been edited by Tajma (edited 20 March 2001).]

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2001 10:24 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even get an honorable mention?

Oh well. Let's have three rousing cheers for Daboyz!

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Dragonstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 4:00 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Daboyz.

Animedragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:46 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Great job Daboyz!

------------------
...it does not matter when or where it starts, just what is left in the end.

Daboyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:52 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Twylah for sponsoring/running the contest and thank you for the congratulations!

Colin

[This message has been edited by Daboyz (edited 21 March 2001).]

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:41 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations, Colin - I honestly think the best entry won - hilarious and inventive.

I'm happy if mine caused a few chuckles.

Now I can go buy the NE without having to wait to receive it in the mail!

Thanks to Twy and everyone who posted - lots of fun!

Gurkan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 3:51 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to thank my mom and the jury for being so kind.

Even if I didn't win the mainprize it still feels like my night tonight.
I even have a new dress for this event.

*lol*

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 5:44 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

So was seven disqualified? (me)

------------------

My poem concerning the NE quest "Powers of Chaos":

Powers of chaos hear my cry
For I'm the sovereign let your powers pry
You're weak and fraile like you always were
My powers will demolish you like a fire and fur

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2001 8:55 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

No no! Don't tell who was disqualified! I don't think I could take it if I saw my name among the rejects. sigh

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

You have nothing to worry about, Tiger. You will always be funny an clever .

Goldy

------------------
"I am a champion!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 12:50 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to say who disqualified themselves. The rules were posted and if the list didn't follow the rules... well... sorry, guys. Posting a list would serve no purpose.

I DID forget to mention one list that was very funny... Seth Spaulding's list was great -- especially the part about the "protection" for the lounge. Very good. Sorry, Seth, I meant to list your entry with the others, but inadvertantly left it out. Whoops.

As far as the judging went... Guys, this was tough. I really didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and I have to admit that it all came down to personal preference. I wavered between Daboyz's and Capt Burton's entries for quite some time. I was very serious when I said that originality, humor and creativity counted for a lot. And when it came down to sheer creativity, Daboyz won. Capt Burton had the "humor" edge, but Daboyz's entry was just plain excellent from start to finish.

I'm glad everyone had fun with this... that was what this was all about, after all. The prize wasn't a big deal as far as money goes, but it's such fun to see this forum's creativity in action. PLEASE keep that in mind. This wasn't about "who's better" or "who's funnier" --- it was only about having fun.

With Jay's blessing, I'd like to do this again sometime. Maybe someone would like something off MY desk? LOLOL... who knows.

Hugs to all our awesome Forum Members...
Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking from experience, running a contest is a hoot. Having to judge them is tough. Great job to all around! And thanks Twylah.

I have a question about Tiger's Item #12...I'm trusting you're just imagining how that pic looks and that no one here has released that photo inadvertently.
:-)

Seth

[This message has been edited by Seth Spaulding (edited 22 March 2001).]

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 1:52 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Well like the sailors out at sea who thought manitees looked like beautiful mermaids; I was saying that on a long journey through the northlands of ardania, even a picture of a guy dressed as a peasant woman might start looking good. Or at least be the equivalent of a cold shower. hehehe

Basilix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 2:47 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Do you suppose that perchance when the Mac version arrives, we Mac folks could have an opportunity? I loved reading the entries as well, you guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: