Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Win Something From Twylah Skye!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:34 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Ardania's gotten a little too small for all of us and it's time to head NORTH!

But... what are we going to take with us? Hmmm... let's see. Time for a new contest!

Here's the idea, gang:

You've been selected to head up an expedition to the Northern Mountains of Ardania. It's cold up there and there's lots of scary monsters (oooooo!). You're going to need to get organized and make a packing-list. BUT, in order to travel swiftly, you've been limited to *FIFTEEN* items (see note).

The forum member who comes up with the best packing-list wins a prize from ME!

Note: The maximum number of items you can have on your list is 15. However, you can include specific things from real-life and/or from the Majesty game -- including a maximum of 2 specific Majesty SPELLS (sovereign and/or guild, and each spell counts as 1 item) and/or a maximum of 2 specific Majesty hero-classes (example: a Solarii and a Healer or a Paladin and a Cultist, etc., and each hero counts as 1 item). You are free to mix and match real-life items with Majesty items... and if you're brave, you can even include other Forum Members on your list (they'll also count as items)! But the total number of items can be no more than 15.

A hint -- Creativity, Originality and Humor count BIG with me... and I'm the one judging the lists.

Rules:
**No more than 15 total items.
**Include a brief reason why you're including each item, unless it's obvious.
**Anyone may participate, as long as they are registered members of this Forum!
**The contest will END on Tuesday, March 20th at 4:00pm U.S. Central Time. No exceptions - and late submissions will just be flat outta luck.

OK, so now you're asking... WHAT THE HECK ARE WE COMPETING FOR AND WHY THE HECK SHOULD I BOTHER???

The prize is a copy of "Majesty; The Northern Expansion" as soon as it's released and ready for immediate shipping on Amazon.com. I'm payin' for it. If the winner lives within the continental U.S., I will buy the NE and have it shipped directly to the winner's home. If the winner is overseas, I will buy the NE and have it shipped to Jay Adan at Cyberlore and he has (most graciously) agreed to ship it to the winner at his expense. (Thanks, Jay!)

So, there ya have it. Start packing!!!!

- Twy

Another note: (Disclaimer) This contest was entirely my idea and my responsibility. Cyberlore is not responsible for anything connected to this contest. I agree to take full responsibility for the purchase of the prize and arrangements for shipping. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "texasmedic@aol.com" and make sure you use "CYBERLORE CONTEST" as your e-mail subject.

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

[This message has been edited by Twylah Skye (edited 16 March 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Gurkan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 5:03 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

#1: Toalett paper - leaves sucks

#2: A Healer - needed to wake me up every morning after freezing to death.

#3: Cultist - always good for a laugh

#4: Flamethrower - matches is for babies

#5: Winged feets - So I can run away from big guys

#6: Resurrection - Bether than coffey in the cold. See also "A healer".

#7: One Atombomb - For close combat. No need to hit the monsters directly

#8: A tape with episodes of Baywatch - you never know when you need to put a monster to sleep...or find a VCR.

#9: Big, electic heated fur - I really hate snow.

#10: More toiletpaper - my stomach dosn't feel so good.

#11: A tank - always usefull

#12: A 100kg big Candybag - I like candy, ok?

#13: A laptop - I'm a computer nerd. :-)

#14: My teddybear - His name is Hugo

#15: 1 banjo - the most fearsom and manly instrument. Also good for close combat. Banjo is cool

Thats it :-)
I had to edit it. I forgot my combat-banjo.
Can't be in the wilderness without a banjo.

[This message has been edited by Gurkan (edited 18 March 2001).]

MasterMage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 9:39 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

1- big, magical sword- to fend off them monsters (or the occasional door-to-door salesman)
2- swimming trunks- hey, you never know, there may be a few hot springs up there somewhere
3- Sun scorch- Melt the snow
4- VCR- for Gerkan's Baywatch tape
5- Go kart- to race Gerkan with the Winged Feet! And escape those monsters
6- lifetime supply of MT. DEW- I don't need anyone if I've got this. Bring on the beasties!:cool

------------------
My services are needed... AGAIN!

Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 10:26 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Here goes:

1. A block of Colby Jack cheese roughly the size of a wooly mammoth- I love cheese!!

2. A box of matches and a can full of gas- A guys gotta stay warm right?

3. A copy of the Northern Expansion- I don't care if my entire body is covered in frostbite and all of my fingers need to be amputated, I'm not missin this for anything!!!

4. Some firecrackers- To scare the beegeesus out of all those idiotic followers of Krolm up there.

5. A big @$$ sword- "Sticks and Stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Remember that old saying? Let's focus on this part: Styx and Stones will break my bones. Need i say more?

6. My attorney- It's the 21 century, if any trolls try and jump me, i'll just sue em'.

7. Peasant- Need someone to put my tent together.

8. Map- Well obviously... I can't stop and ask for directions very well now can I?

9. My PC- Can't play Majesty, NE, or update my site without it.

10. Volley Ball- I'll need a friend...Just in case #11 becomes neccessary...

11. Silverwear- If all else fails, i'm eatin' my colleagues.

12. Rrongol the Hunter- I couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn with a rapid fire machine gun in broad day light, odds are i'm not gonna pick off a boar...

13. Lightning Storm spell- Dang goblins...

14. Cyberlore's phone number- I'm gonna call them up and fill them in on what they messed up on in the NE(since i'm experiencing it all first hand.)

15. Casket- May need it... I'm not the greatest outdoorsman...

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

1. Prima's Official Guide to Majesty. Because what sane explorer would enter the world of Ardania without this handy dandy little baby?

2. A library card, hey don't ya need one to get in and learn all of those cool spells from the library?

3. Twylah Skye, ok ok if something were to happen to my copy of the Prima strategy guide she'd be the next best thing. Plus she's a former medic so she'd be handy to have around cause of all the injuries I'd be likely to sustain.

4. A tax collector- ok with one of these guys around no monster, especially no troll will touch me because they'll all make a beeline for him first if he's anywhere in the vicinity of me!

5. A Ranger, hey you need a good guide if you expect to go anywhere in the unexplored northlands these days and you wont find a better guide than a Ranger.

6. A toothbrush- hey I like to have clean teeth ok?

7. Toothpaste- hey I like to have nice breath as well as clean teeth ok?

8. Floss- so I'm finicky about dental hygiene!!!! There aren't any dentists around Ardania that I know of and I don't want to get any cavities!!!!!

9. A dentist- in case i get any cavities.. and because there aren't any dentists in Ardania as far as I know.

10. Ann Bancroft- She crossed Antarctica MORE THAN ONCE! So the northlands of Ardania would probably be a snap if she came along. She's a genius and a natural when it comes to crossing extremely cold frozen places!

11. Scuba gear- to ensure i wont die after jumping into the nearest water whenever someone enters the "Swimmy Swim Swim" cheat.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 17 March 2001).]

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 1:23 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Posted by Tiger:
"3. Twylah Skye"

Hmmm.... the "sucking-up heiny-kissing" approach. I hadn't taken that strategy into consideration....

- Twy

PS - Great work so far, guys!!! I'm lovin' this!

------------------

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 9:42 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Twylah,

Great contest! I'm not entering as I'm sure that I'm disqualified for living in Massachusetts, (that and I think I'm getting a copy gratis anyway), but...

1) Jesse King. I'm not very good at Majesty, he is. Plus, he can tweak the economy at will.

2) One cell phone. There won't be anyone to call me on it, or for me to call but I'll look too important to kill right away.

3) Some....um, protection....for the..."lounge".

4) Bag of Pop Rocks. For selling at the Magic Bazaar.

5) Loincloth. Barbarians rock out in NE. I'll want to join them at some point.

6) Snowshoes. In case I venture outside the town. (not very likely)

7) Hair dryer, travel iron, bathroom kit and alarm clock for those nights at the Inn. Very few amenities. (As the A.D. here, I can tell you that, in fact, there is NOTHING on the inside of the Inn.)

8) Toilet paper. Good ideas are meant for stealing.

9) One Soloflex. In thinking about it, the Barbarians probably would reject a skinny artist in a loincloth.

10) Breathmints and cologne. For the other Barbarians. Number of amenities at the Temple to Krolm: Circle of big rocks.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 10:30 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Note- This is an Official Contest Entry
Item I: An enchanted bag of supplies (most necessary, is food).
Item II: A pad of paper (that I may write down any story ideas I gather from the fantasy landscape).
Item III: An enchanted pen (see Item II).
Item IV: A tent. (To keep the snow out).
Item V: An electric blanket (obvious).
Item VI: A Solarus (Fire magic is good against snow [I hope]).
Item VII: The Silmarillion (which will help pass the time in between monster attacks).
Item VIII: A walking stick (to knock aside Vargs, Medusae, and other beasties).
Item IX: An electric piano (who needs Cultists whne you have music?).
Item X: A ten-level gnome (able to build quickly and fight too).
Item XI: An Altar to Krolm (full of gold, and when destroyed by monsters, summons up the Avatar of Krolm).
Item XII: A change of batteries (see Item IX).
Item XIII: A compass (How else can I be sure I'm going north?).
Item XIV: A loudspeaker (to announce my importance to all and sundry . Also to scare off cowardly Heroes and monsters).
Item XV: A box (to carry the above in- all except the gnome and Solarus, that is).

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Seven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 10:49 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

1.)Flashlight (it gets dark obviously)
2.)8 packs of batteries (obvious reasons)
3.)15 small packs of matches (fire = heat)
4.)6 candles (fire)
5.)sleeping bag (everyone needs to sleep)
6.)laptop computer (logging in days on the mountain,juts like captain Janeway! ^_^ oh wait it's -_-
7.)computer batteries (obvious)
8.)Ice cream (Hey, I can last days without food, besides ice cream is one of the only foods that don't turn cold in the cold)
9.)15 plastic knives (wild animals and just in case the ice cream gets too cold and gets very hard)
10.)2 butcher's knife (large wild animals, mean lost dieing humans,and in case the ice cream gets REALLY hard)
11.)Tent (I need to my own personal space)
12.)Hammer (to put in the nails or whatever holds the tent down, to kill mean lost dieing humans,to killing wild animals on contact,and to break the ice cream when it acts like it's 5 inches of ice)
13.) pistol (When I really get pissed off at mean lost dieing humans and kill them before they die naturally,When the ice cream won't break or melt,and when big bears and birds come in my way)
14.)14 small boxes of bullets (to refill my killing machine)
15.) and last but not least,3 lamps. (to light up the place)

------------------
We are the Borg
You will be assimilated
Resistance is futile.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 11:13 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Since I only have 11 items listed so far may I put at least one more?

12. A picture of Seth Spaulding in his Halloween "Peasant woman" costume. (That was Seth right?) If I wave that at anybody in Ardania that I don't want to mess with they'll be more than likely to run away screaming with terror. It would also help me get through those lonely nights.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 12:44 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

***CONTEST NOTE***

Since this is a creative contest, your entries may be edited up until Tuesday, March 20th.

If you wish to edit your entry, go ahead and do so -- but don't post a separate entry.

Thanks!
Twy

------------------

[This message has been edited by Twylah Skye (edited 18 March 2001).]

Animedragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 12:55 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

1) David Jang - my BIG body-building friend who LOVES the cold! He considers himself a warrior so he shall be my protector (stronger than any barbarian).

2) a 100+th level healer - Get a scratch, lose an arm, get frostbite... it will be taken care of!

3) Fire Strike - keep me warm and roast up some nice Yeti meat!

4) The Power to Use the cheat 'Revelation' - so I know exactly what is up, what to avoid, and where all the treasure is!

5) Snowmobiles - if I am going to travel, I am going to do it in style!

6) Book of Sovereign Spells - Oh, these would do just nicely in case I have to heal others, strike down an enemy, run really fast, etc etc

7) Port-o-potty - I do not go in the forest!

8) Big Red Rider Sled - carry the Port-o-potty... and to have fun in with my two companions!

9) Gas - need this puppy for the snowmobiles... and it would help with fires.

10) One BILLION! gold coins - Won't have any trouble buying things from the market now!

11) One Generator - see 12

12) One AMDK6 500mhz 64bit Graphics Card 256 ram 20 gig harddrive 20 inch LCD screen Laptop - see 13

13) Majesty + Expansion - Oh, just to keep myself up-to-date with the happens of where I am going! That, and I don't want to get bored!

14) Satilite Uplink - So I could stay in contact with everyone in the forums to tell them how the trip is going!

15) Oranges - They don't grow around here, they are not in Majesty, help keep me healthy, and I love 'em!

------------------
...it does not matter when or where it starts, just what is left in the end.

Shohoku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2001 2:13 pm    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm....

1. Ranger - Good guide, plus going around collecting healing herbs is one good thing.
2. Healer - Good healer, plus going around planting healing herbs for the Ranger to collect.
3. Dwarf - Can quickly throw up structures plus adding some extra muscles to fend off monsters.
4. Spaulding - A basketball that has been conviniently named already. Makes good listener. I Think his buddy Wilson is somewhere in the Pacific. I of course could try to talk to plants in the wild, but I am afraid one of them is suddenly turns out to be a Daemonwood.
5. Air pump - To keep Spaulding pepped up so he won't feel deflated.
6. Monk - I need my daily dosage of "Omni-ahs" plus they are great fighters.
7. Iron Hand - What's not to love about the odds of killing threats in one hit. Hmm, gotta be careful next time I shake someone's hands....
8. Energy Blast - Just so I won't be the only useless kind of person in this bunch.
9. Reanimation - Having a group of skeletons following could have its benefits, then again....
10. Snow Muffler - Protect against coldness and stylish.
11. Umaro (FF3/6) - Just in case I run into a Yeti, I have a Yeti on my side who could match it up or share common interests.
12. Mog (FF3/6) - Have to have this little critter around because Umaro doesn't take orders from anyone but Mog. Plus, his dances are entertaining.

------------------
Quazi-normal, semi-normal, the margerine of normal, the Diet Coke of normal, only one calorie, not quite normal enough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
morten-larsen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 12:19 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

#1: A nice warm inn

#2: A barbarian for the fights

#3: A computer to play Majesty on so i wouldnt get bored

#4: All Monthy Python videos

#5: A tv

#6: A monkey to eat lice (Loose??) from the barbarians coat.

#7: A nice wizard to make some warm spells

#8: A kentucky fried chicken

#9: Sun scorch to melt the snow

#10: A sledge

#11: A nice warm coat. Its pretty cold in the north Eh.

#12: Hot chocolate for the barbarian

#13: A majesty mouse mat just for the fun

#14: A Hooligan for looking ugly

#15: Money to make the rage of krolm

Sorry bout mi english but im from Denmark.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2001 11:03 am    Post subject: Win Something From Twylah Skye! Reply with quote Back to top

Swiss Style !
1. Ski - travel like the wind
2. APS uplink - Ardania Position System
3. First Aid Pack
4. Dismiss spell
5. Portal spell to get back and forth
6. Telescope to check out the view
7. Digital Camera to report situation
8. Desktop to keep contact
9. Black box - In case i die somewhere ...
10. Swiss cheese - to scare away enemys.
11. Climbing robe
12. Pop up inn (see 15)
13. Pop up balista tower - in case the cheese isn't stinky enough
14. Science Set (Notebook , Formula and constant sheet ,Math book, scratch paper , canculator)
- I can't live without them
15. Pop up Palace. A bag that will expand into a plastic palace when filled with air (All living items included)
In order to settle down and start the first new kingdom in north

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: