Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

about Apocalypse
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Y'know, you needn't have posted this. I was just taking my time writing my own about topic.
Of course, the "Introduction to the Fourth Age" doesn't have to be the about topic. In fact, its so involved in itself that people might just want to talk about it there, never mind the story based on it.
So, here's the deal: Apocalypse is a free story. But I would like to admonish you: it is to be a truly cosmic tale, set in the far ardanian future. Those of you who wish to join, make your style fit the scale of the story.
For Xyra is meant to be my ultimate villain. I created him for the purpose of matching wits against the best heroes any of us could come up with. And, I warn you: the outcome of this tale is uncertain. It could be victory for good, but Xyra is powerful, and he can win also. And if he does, the history of ardania will be forever changed.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

I think dragons would react shifty to something like this; Dragons are a great race of intellect and strength, if the enemy is defeated by them before, and it is them who will do it again.

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

If that's what you think, than join. But recall that Xyra's race was destroyed in their second generation; most of them were not even mature. The dragons were larger and more numerous, and had already laid the foundation for the Dragon Kingdom. Xyra has lived for three millenia, growing steadily stronger while the Dragons have grown weaker, first at the hands of the Gods (Krolm slew Andraxal-Kerlazor and destroyed his kingdom) than at the hands of Men (Gavinal Sydrian and his heroes killed Vendral, Andraxal's heir). They have suffered years of attrition, for although an understanding was being reached during the late Kingdom Age, the Imperium saw them as a threat and worked to exterminate them far more diligently than the nobles of the Kingdom Age.

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Falotar
This is getting interesting. I have decided to join. Could you please introduce the dragons for me . I hate making names, especially dragon names.

thanks.

[ 07. August 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa, whoa whoa! Don't thank me before you know my answer!
Truth is, I'd be happy to help, but I don't quite understand. I'm capable of putting the background the Dragons' post-Cataclysmic history into the story, and assigning names to some of them, but actually inventing their characteristics? I'm sure you don't mean that. If I did, I'd want to control them.
Wait . . .

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Blast! I thought maybe you had PM'd the character information. Oh well. You'll have to elucidate further, Cooker; I don't understand.

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

I wish you to introduce the surviving dragons into the story your way. You are that much better then me that I do not wish to disrupt your work more then Necessary.

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

There you are, Cooker. As fine an opening as I could craft. Now, choose any Dragon whose name you like, or one of the unnamed ones. Just don't pick Amasteryx - I'm sure you wouldn't anyway, but I thought I'd make sure.
For a plot suggestion, make your character(s) head for Sanctuary. The Dragons would know about it, or at least Amasteryx would, and since it is famed as a recruiting centre for mercenaries of all kinds, it would be a logical place to look for help and information (besides the capital, but Amasteryx would warn them away from venturing too enar the scene of the crime befor finding more out).

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

You are most impressive, Falotar.

I have posted, I can only wish it is good enough.

[ 08. August 2003, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, Cooker, you did all right.

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

I have question regarding the "new" geography of Ardania. Is there any city between Santuary and the Sydrian montains ?

and by the way, where exactly is Sanctuary. It's said to be close to New Valmorgen, but is it south or north of new Valmorgen.

Please clarify, best with a map, but you can certainly do without.

[ 08. August 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Did I say it was close to New Valmorgen? Hmmm. It is definitely north of the new capital, but I'm not sure that it's necessarily close. It's in the eastern Central Plains, and New Valmorgen is more or less on the southeastern fringe (I think; my computer refuses to read CD-ROMs anymore so I can't check the game map).
As for cities between the Mountains of Sydrian and Sanctuary, there aren't any major ones. But there might be a few villages and, at the very feet of the mountains, there is the ruins of Port Sydriam. (Very ruined, since they're over a thousand years old).

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Did someone say map?

Map of Ardania

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: about Apocalypse Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, TaleSpinner. I don't know what I'd do without you.
Given the location of the Central Plains on the map, and my statements about the new geography of Ardania, it looks like the Central Plains might better be called the "Northern Plains." Oh well, the power of tradition.
All right, based on this map, I'm going to go over the location of all the cities and their surroundings in the "new" Ardania:
D'Tar Mordin - Collapsed into the Dwarven tunnels beneath the city. Now the whole thing is partially submerged and is covered by a kind of cold-loving coral (it is not marked on any Ardanian map).
Caer Sydrian on the Isle of Sydrian - The mountain on which Caer Sydrian was built transformed into an inferno of lava and smoke during the Cataclysm, thrusting the peak even higher and destroying the ancient home of the Sydrians. Now the ruins lie in the heart of the infamous range of mountains named for it, the haunt of Dragons and like creatures.
Central Plains - Once truly the fertile heartland of Ardania, they are now a desert region bounded by the Northern Sea, by hills on the west and east and the Mountains of Sydrian in the south. The region is inhospitable to all, and only those with daring and hardihood dare its wastes.
East Cheswick, survived the Cataclysm - Once a prosperous community, the Cataclysm thrust this town into the foothills of the monster-infested Mountains of Sydrian. Battered by earthquakes, East cheswick is now partially ruinous. It lies in a deep glade surrounded by the foothills of the mountains.
Grov Urtat - Sank beneath the Northern Sea.
Gur Mechina - The valley of Gur Mechina sank beneath the waves during the Cataclysm. However, the Dwarves who had been living there in secret used powerful magiks to raise it out of the ocean. Now it hovers ominously above the waves, threatening the gods only know what(this is unknown by all save the Dwarves themselves and perhaps Fervus and Krypta, to whom the dark Dwarves have connections).
Isles of Doom (Mountains of Doom) - Once a branch of the Hellfire Mountains, they are now deceptively pleasant islands north of Ardania's mainland.
Krolm's Anvil - A high, arid island in the North Sea, chosen to be the location of the Tower of Fervus by the Chaos Mages (no-one knows this in ardania proper).
Lormidia - This city sank beneath the Northern Sea.
Mayhew, survived the Cataclysm - Bounded on the south, east and west by salt marshes, and on the north by the Northern Sea. It becomes the centre of Xyra's power.
New Tholaria - It is located on the eastern border of a wide grassland, backed by low hills.
New Valmorgen, built near the ruins of old Valmorgen, now the centre of Ardania - bordered on the north by a lake (all that is left of the old bay), on the west of grasslands (a remnant of the old Central Plains), and on the south and west by forests.
Ruins of Garuta - A spire of rock sticking out of the Northern Sea, the northernmost of the Isles of Doom.
Sanctuary - A city founded recently by teratogenics seeking refuge from the persecution they met elsewhere. It lies in the eastern reaches of the Central Plains.
Ruins of Thallis - They sank beneath the Northern Sea.
Shadowood City (Imperial City, New Ardania, Ravenswood) - during the war which preceded the Cataclysm, Ravenswood was destroyed and the surrounding forest became a place of horror. When the Cataclysm struck, the site became the location of a great swamp. Cut off by hills from the scorching heat of the Central Plains to the east and the cooler clime of the New Plains to the west. However, the swamp was drained by the Wizards' Council and served as the capital of Ardania until the fall of the Imperium. When that happened, the valley began to be overrun by creatures creeping north from the Mountains of Sydrian. Now known as Shadowood, it is still maintained by a race of grim descendatns of the Barbarians and Rangers who once lived in the region.
Shattered Isles - These are the last remains of the far Northern Reaches. Frozen and lifeless, they are the centre for the new Cult of Fervus (this is not known to any save the Cultists and their master. Even the gods know nothing of this, except perhaps Krypta).
Shovrah-Dan - This city was blasted to the very bottom of the sea by the Cataclysm. Its ruins lie in the bottom of a deep trench which runs the length of the old Hellfire Mountains.
There, I think I covered it all. New land has been formed south of the Mountains of Sydrian, but I leave that to the imagination of others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: