Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "The Road to Krypta" series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys. I was just playing the "Free the Slaves" level of Majesty when I saw a priestess. I don't know why, but a story hit me.
The story "Road to Krypta" is in the first person. It is about a priestess on a journey to the promise land(the area that you were trying to get to in the "Spires of Doom" level). So time wise, this story comes shortly after the Northern Expansion. This story(I'm aiming for this) is going to be a three part story. Our main character will start off in Valmorgen. There is a reason it is called the Road to Krypta, but I can't reveal that now.
I encourage as many people to join as possible. You can have a maximum of three characters(because it's hard to have even two in the first person). Every time you start off a post, you must have the characters name(first and last, but only for the first post, then you can use first only if you prefer).
EX:
Venstar Trailblazer (my character form my last story, "The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer")
My characters are:
Sister Deathlust, a priestess on a mission to the promise land.
Sir Oden Nightwatch, a warrior who is a long time friend of Sister Deathlust. As a child he vowed to protect Deathlust till his death. Secretly, he loves her.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

I've started the story. Hope everybody likes it. Please join. Note:If you are going to join, please start your character in Ravenswood.
I am going to bring in another character soon.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

I'll join, naturally. But I have to read the story so far before I can come up with a character.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

Characters
Euphastor Llyff
A young being of the Yltra tribe of Ethereals. He comes from the mythical city of Artimace, which lies somewhere in the Ether Winds south of Ardania. He quests to find the Lost City of the Ethereals, although young and inexperienced.

Saki Waza
A Gnome Champion, originally hailing from Shovrah Inge. He's unbeatable when it comes to speed, though his hygiene leaves something to be desired. He also has the unnerving habit of critiquing wine, beer, and other potent beverages.

Lord Atrus Vulpeson
Minor advisor to the Prince. A man with a gift for strategy and diplomacy, but who was not trusted by the former Sovereign. He is known among Wizards as Vulpes the Summoner.

Since I doubt I'll have any good oppurtunities to describe Llyff (like the denizens of the Far East, the Ethereals put their surnames first and their familiar names last) in this story, seeing that it's in the first person, I'll take the oppurtunity to do it now.
Yltra Ethereals are creatures of the air. They do not have hair, but do have feathered crests on their heads. The feathers fall in a cascade down their back, spreading out on a bony framework to form a pair of powerful wings. Further, the feathers continue down the back of a limber tail, ending in a large fan-shape which the Yltrae use for steering in flight (and flirtation, but that's another matter). They also have tufts of feathers on their ankles and wrists, as well as long tufts on their ears which give them remarkable hearing. The rest of their skin is smooth, and either red or brown. They have three fingers and a thumb, and three forward-pointing toes and a backward pointing one, all of which are clawed -- furthermore, their canines are fanged, for the Yltrae are essentially carnivorous. Llyff's skin is a vibrant red, and his feathers are purple. His eyes are green-on-white, much like a human's (apart from the features just described, the Yltrae are fairly human-like), though like most creatures with dark skin his irises cover most of the exposed eye surface; his pupils are round, and not slitted.
The style of clothing among the Yltrae is thus: tight-fitting hose that stop just above the ankle-tufts; they wear neither shoes nor gloves. These hose are held up by a drawstring which is fastened above the tail. A tunic-like piece of cloth covers the chest; it terminates in a knee-length kilt and is fastened by cords that run under the arms and wings, and over the shoulders and down the back. The kilt is slit at the tail; the rest of the back is left bare, though in some fancier versions of this garment a narrow cape, falling between the wings, is attached to the shoulder-cords (Llyff, being an Ethereal Hero, wears the caped version). Unattached sleeves, pulled above the wrist-tuffs, complete the outfit.
The Ethereals, dwelling as they do in the Ether Winds, rely heavily on magic. They have four primary Hero classes: Pyrologists for fire, Hydrologists for water, Aerologists for wind, and Geologists for earth (they are not to be confused with the Terran scientists of the same names). Llyff is a Pyrologist, though not very skilled in fire-magic; he prefers his spear and shield.

[ 23. November 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

I'll join too. I'll have to think about my charater and I'll let you know later.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

A note about Saki's speech: he always talks (and thinks) in the third person; he ddoes not use personal pronouns or articles.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

That last post was briliant Falotar. That was exactly what I was looking for. Now that we are this far, I might as well tell you why I want them to go to the "Promise Land". Well(as you all know I want this to be a three part story), their journey there should last until the end of the second story. There, in the promise land, they will learn why it is called the promise land. That is where Krypta resides. It is called the promise land because it looks like what we would describe as hell. It is the promise, it is how the the world began, and that is how it will end(in a firey pit of hell). Once there, our group will find out that the gods are losing power, and want to have their powers taken away from by heros(Krypta informs them of all this). The third story is a race(with the former Soveriegn) to get as many of the gods powers, ending in a big fight between the former Soveriegn and Deathlust.
One more thing, try to cut back on writing, I was out of school all last week and have a ton of homework.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

Sir Taron Swifthawk
An young warrior eager to prove himself to the world. He is skilled with a short sword but adapts quickly to most weapons. He has a gigantic love for nature and an even bigger love for birds. He has a tamed roc named Telose.

Since the saddle too cannot be explained in the story I'll explain it here. If you have seen the movie Dinotopia they use similiar saddles with the same shape and design on the pterodactyls but with a few differnces. If not, the saddle is strapped around the neck of the roc and infront and behind the wings. The rider lies face down on the roc with his feet in steropes that fall beside the tail. There are two joystick shaped handles on the saddle which the rider holds on to so he doesn't fall off. He uses his weight to steer.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking(like I said earlier) of bringing in a new character, a cultist, who just escaped form the former Soveriegn's fortress. I haven't come up with a name yet. I was thinking he could be a gollum type character, just not with the split personality.

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

As you wish, Galen.
And DragonWiz, Taron's father must have been quite the scholar to know anything at all about the Ethereals. They were supposed to have departed Ardania many centuries ago, and even then were not often seen. But then, if his father blew a chunk of land off the main coast trying to cure a cold, he must have been quite a Wizard.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

Can't stay away any longer. And now I've a character in mind...

Fyalsa Miragal

Trained as a spy since she was small, Fya grew up in a small village outside of Ravenswood. Her father - a rogue - was well versed in the ways of espionage. He taught his daughter all he knew. Head of a vast network of spies, the head of the Miragal family had a very carefully placed man in the palace of the Prince. Hearing very interesting things from the man, Fyalsa decided to take things into her own hands, and put to the test everything she'd learned.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I could introuduce Master Robinton, a wizard adept cross. He isn't a master yet, that's just his name. I probably won't post too much, just wanted to have a character. Also won't because I spend lots of internet time on Neopets and HoA, and forget a lot. If you're wanting to maybe publish this, tell me so I can change the name. Master Robinton is a character from the Dragonriders of Pern series, by Anne Mcaffry.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

Two things.
First, you can join. And second, I play on Neopets too.

Oasis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join, but my style differs from first person narritive. Do you have a problem with thrid person omnipotent?

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: About "The Road to Krypta" series Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer third person omnipotent as well - so much more descriptive. But Galen intended this story to be done in completely first person to be unique, as it is with a few other started by him. It's a bit different, but it's always good to try something new.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: