Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

ToF: Rise of the Rats
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Tales of Formia: Northern Expansion Quests
ToF: Rise of the Rats

Cast:
In order of appearence
Sister Gloom(CCNa Reporter)
Jay Adan/Loud Voice #1 (Soveriegn of Formia/Playtesting the game for Cyberlore)
Seth Spaulding/Loud Voice #2 (Royal Rat Catcher)
Dark Figure#2/Concus Insane(Father of Galen the Insane/WoD)
Clarely Insane(Paladin/One of the leaders of the EDDNA)
Bob the Insane One(Top Assasin on the EDDNA/Monk)
Galen the Insane II(WoD)
Veti Insane(Cultist/brother of Galen/Indian Accent)
Loralty the Talkative One(Monk)
Mew(Pokemon/Loralty's pet)
Clarina, Holy Reporter(Paladin/Member of the DDN)
Eleanor the Vigilant(Paladin/Member of the DDN)
DragonWizard(Warrior/Scout/ hubbie of Clarina)
MMMMM(WoD/theif from Vlamorgen)

Special Guest Stars:
Comrade Cucarouche(Rat/Comrade of Rhoden)
Comrade Rattensford(Rat/Comrade of Rhoden)
Rhoden, King of the Rats(King of the Union of Soviet Sewer Rats)

Special Thanks to our sponsers and the following organizations:

Cyberlore Discussion Forums
(Long live Cyberlore!)
CNN Ardania (News coverage at its best)
Dauros Divine Network(DDN)(The side of justice you don't want to see...)
Ex Dauros Divine Network Agency(EDDNA)(The other silent killer)
Union of Soviet Sewerist Ratmen(Have you ever wondered how rats and mice get into your house?)

[ 17. September 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Day 0
(Screen flashes to Sister Gloom infront of a broken sewer pipe)
Sister Gloom: It's winter, here in Forminia! And as you can see, the sewers have frozen and broken out of the ground. Our top scientists call these thing broken sewer pipes.
With the pipes out of the ground, we have a chance to explore the sewers and see just how the Rats really live.(Just as she finishes, three Ratmen and a Rat Champion walk out of the sewer)
Rat Champion:(Shouting) This is a warning to all you above land creatures! If you come to close to the Rat Kingdom, you will killed, and we will place vendetta apon your kingdom!
Peasant#1740:(Walking up) We want to live in peace.
Rat Champion: So be it. I will deliver the message to the king. He will come tomorrow, at noon, to announce his decision!(The rats leave)
Sister Gloom: Did you hear that!(screen goes black)
(back in the Jay's room)
Soveriegn Jay/Loud voice#1: Finally! This (bleep)in game gives you the chance for alliances. Seth! Call the heros together!
Seth Spaulding/Loud Voice #2: Ok.(Seth runs off)

[ 12. September 2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

(Meanwhile, somewhere in the HellFire mountains, EDDNA HQ)
Clarely Insane: Well, well, well. The rats are coming to Formia. How pleasant.
Bob the Insane One: This is the perfect time to strike. Most likely the DDN will be there to confrim the alliance between the Rats and Formia. Those stupid people, always trying to be in everyones buisness.
Dark Figure#2: We will strike. Bob, you must assasin Rohdan, king of the Rats!
Bob: Sure, whatever you say boss.
------------------------------------------------
(Meanwhile, back in the town's inn)
Galen the Insane II: So, Veti, did you hear?
Veti Insane: Hear what?
Galen: The Sovereign wants everybody to jion near the palace tomorrow to see if the Rats want to join forces with us.
Veti: Well, this should be fun.
Galen: Wait, the rats killed our dad! It was those exact ones, too!
Veti: Should we kill them?
Galen: No.

[ 13. September 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Veti: I wonder who will be attending the meeting.
Galen: It sounds big, so I think everybody we know will be there.
Veti: We don't know very many people.
Galen: Let's see. There's TaleSpinner, Raistlin, Loralty, um... Shifty and his gang, and I think that's it.
Veti: Ohhh, wow. that's a lot, sure. I believe you.
(Galen and Veti walk away)
-------------------------------------------------
(Back at EDDNA HQ)
Dark Figure#2: So, Bob, how do you plan to kill Rohdan?
Bob: Preferably by throwing a dagger into his head, or doing the same with a crossbow. Maybe even sliting his throat before the meeting.
Clare: Either way, I'll be there.
Dark Figure#2: As will I, you just won't see me. Even your spies will be there. Mainly spying on the Soveriegn, to see if we can blame the murder on him.
Bob: Good, good. I don't want to be traced to this.
Clare: You're trained not to be traced. You should be as stealthy as you were with Shifty.
Bob: You're still nagging over that.
(They all walk off, arguing.)

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

*Forumia, Temple to Dauros. A Monk is sitting outside, muffled in a purple cloak lined with Wendigo hair, watching a small, white levitating creature construct a gigantic model of the Scales of Justice out of snow without any visible effort.*
Loralty the Talkative One: Using telekinesis to construct our snow sculpture was a touch of genius, Mew.
Mew: *nods* Mew. *Lifts the last flake of snow into place on the top of the sculpture.*
*Meanwhile, two brown figures are crouched behind a snowbank some distance from the Temple. One, a tall, well-groomed Ratman in fancy battle gear with a halberd slung acroos his back, is looking at the Temple through a pair of opera-glasses. The other, a skinny wretch with a pair of rusty scimitars and a ragged kilt, is scratching at the muck accumlated between his toes.*
Cultured Ratman: Well, Comrade Cucarouche, it appears that somebody is enjoying this holiday season.
Scruffy Ratman: Das' good, 'cause I's freezin'. Why's we ever come oop to dis place anyway, eh, Comrade Rattensford?
Rattensford: Because the Union of Soviet Sewerist Ratmen sent us up here to help Comrade Rhoden, that's why.
Cucarouche: Help heem what, clean de sewers? *Gurgles (that is, laughs) at his own joke. Rattensford glares at him.*
Rattensford: This is no laughing matter, Comrade. I have my suspicions as to the "help" that Comrade Rhoden requires. You have heard of his truce with King Adan?
Cucarouche: No, mon, I haven't.
Rattensford: Well, given Soviet policy, I'd say it was a trap. Rhoden will double-cross these surface-dwelling pigs, and the Sewerists will seize the oppurtunity to set up a new society free of Cyberlorean shackles!
Cucarouche: Wha's "Cyberlorean" s'posed t'mean?
Rattensford: *sighs* In the words of Comrade Moux: "Cyberlore is the opiate of the masses."
Cucarouche: Wha's "opiate" mean?
Rattensford: *pulls an Oxford Pocket Dictionary out of his armour and tosses it to Cucarouche* Here, look it up for yourself. *Muttering* Illiterate islander.
Cucarouche: *catching the dictionary and muttering* Imperialistic Valmorgen scum-licker. *Surreptitiously starts chewing on the dictionary's binding.*

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Day 1
(Morning of the meeting/Sewers)
Rhoden,King of the Ratmen:(Is giving a speach to his people) I don't trust the abovelanders, nore do I trust their king. But we must say yes to the propasition, untill given reson to fight back.
Crowd: Yea!
Ratman:(yelling out from the others) What 'bout our home, dese sewas. It be filthy! Do you know why!? 'cause those pescy umans! I say we take the clean land an' make them live in their fescies!
Crowd: What he said.
Rhoden: Fine, fine. After a day or so, we will overrun them. But, back to the peace meetin'. I will need a double, just as a precaution.
A different Ratman: I be the one ya shoud peck.
Rhoden: Fine, just work on your speach.
(Back at the inn Galen and Veti are staying at)
Galen: Good morning , Veti.
Veti: Shut up, I'm trying to sleep.
Galen: We need to get ready for the big meeting.
Veti: That's today?
Galen: Dah!
Veti: I'll be up in a minute.
(EDDNA HQ)
Dark Figure#2: We should go down there early.
Bob: How early?
Dark Figure#2: Right about now. I'll be down in a while.
Clare: Will yo atleast tell me your class?
Dark Figure#2: Warrior of Discord. Now, hurry up!

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

(At the DDN head quarters...)
Clarina, Holy Reporter: (Putting her bags in her room) It's great to be back home!
Eleanor the Vigilant: (Sitting on a couch) Where's DragonWizard gonna stay?
Clarina: I was able to get him a room.
Kayt: (walking in to the room) Welcome back. Sorry to interupt you on your vacation but you have to go on another mission. Atleast the mission is here. The ratmen are asking for a peace treaty and we've chosen you two and DragonWizard to be our representitives. We'd go ourselves but then the rouges may decide that it would be a good time to put surviellence tapes in the locker rooms.
Clarina: I'll get DragonWizard.
(In the DragonW's room...)
DragonWizard the Warrior Scout: There will be food at the meeting right?
Clarina: Probably not. We don't have the coding to eat anyway.

[ 14. September 2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

MMMMM!: *fuMbles in pockets* Where did I leave My ring of protection? Oh well, I can just buy another one.
*goes to Marketplace*
MMMMM!: How Much is a ring of protection?
Shopkeeper: 500 gold.
MMMMM!: *checks pockets again* I have 499 gold.
Shopkeeper: Sorry, you don't have enough gold.
MMMMM!:HMMph. *steps out of Marketplace and steals froM it, then re-enters*
Shopkeeper: Back already?
MMMMM!: I want to buy a ring of protection.
Shopkeeper: Okay.
*MMMMM! leaves, but is aMbushed by a rogue on the way out*
Rogue: Where did you learn to steal?
MMMMM!: FroM the ValMorgen Rogues Guild before I caMe to ForuMnia. Why do you ask?

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

(Noon, right in front of the palace, hundreds have gathered)
Galen: Are you still sure we shouldn't kill him?
Veti: All hell could brake loose, and it would be our falt. The soveriegn would most likely kill us before he would kill them.
(Farther back in the crowd)
Clare: When is he gunna get here!?
Bob: Be patient, Mother! Hey, look, here comes Rhoden!
(At the speaking area)
Rhoden Double: We heve decided our answer.(Starts to look behind him) And the answer is...
(At the very same moment, up in the crowd)
Clare: Look, in the front, it's the boss!
(Back in the front)
Rhoden Double: ...we exept!
Dark Figure#2:(Throwing off his cloak) Oh, go back where you cme from beast!(He jumps onto the stage) Die! This is for my son, Galen the Insane!(Slices Rhoden Double in two)
Galen: Hey, if that's our dad's dad...
Veti: ... then he is our grandpa!
Clare:(Hands over her mouth) Oh, (bleep)! It's my father inlaw!
Bob: Grandpa!
(The real Rhoden jump out of the sewer)
Rhoden: That's it. You crap up our home. Then you try and kill me! WAR!!!!!!!!!!!
(Rats rush out of the Sewers)

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

DragonW: Late again.
Clarina: How come we never come on time?
(They look out at the area where all the heroes stood.)
Eleanor: I wonder where everyone went.
Clarina: Well no one is here now so lets go home.
DragonW: (Seeing nearby monk) Hiya, Loralty!

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Loralty: Oh, hello there, DragnWizard. You know, you should really get the Sovereign to put a space between those words.
DragonWizard: *shrugs* It's fine just the way it is.
Eleanor: What brings you out here, Loralty?
Clarina: Your nefarious friends aren't about.
Loralty: No, actually, I was coming to see what al the commotion is about -
Mew: *hovering above him* Mew!
Loralty: *glancing up* What is that you say?
Mew: Mew, mew!
DragonWizard: You can understand that thing? *Loralty looks hurt.*
Loralty: Mew is not a "thing", DragonWizard. And yes, I can understand her - remark the "her," not "it" -
Eleanor: Yeah, yeah - what's it saying?
Loralty: *pretends not to notice Eleanor, and instead looks over to the north* Oh, my, look at that. The Ratmen are massacring our heroes. *The Paladins' mouths drop open.*
Eleanor: Massacring?
Clarina: Ratmen?
Loralty: *apologetically* Well, you know, they have these, hm, "new and improved" Ratmen - besides which, there are scores of them; they must outnumber our forces six to one.
DragonWizard: Enough of the details! Let's go there now!
Eleanor: We'll teach these villains to respect the wrath of Dauros! *Raises her sword and runs towards the battle.*
Clarina: *produces paper and pen* Cover me, dear. I've got to get something down for the Trumpet. This is sure to be a headliner.
DragonWizard: Right. *Moves in front of her, and the two walk off.*
[bLoralty:[/b] Wait! Oh, drat my low speed! Come along, Mew. *Loralty shuffles off, with his friend darting about above him.* What I would not give for some of Shifty's automatic pellet-firing devices right now . . . They were quite proficient at defeating Ratmen, or so I have heard . . .

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

(Meanwhile, in the massacre)
Galen:(Lost in the swarm of Ratmen) Veti! It seams that I've lost you!
Veti: If only I was that lucky.
Galen:(looking down) Oh! There you are!
Veti: Wuptidi. Let's have a party.
Galen: Now that would be silly. We're in the middle of a battle.
Veti: Then fight!
(The two start to fight the rats)
------------------------------------------------
Bob: Shouldn't we go help grandpa?
Clare: That man is so strange. You can go help him. I'll look and see if my babies are in the battle!
(The two run in different directions)

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

*Suddenly, words go floating across the screen-sky of forumia.
Loud Voice #1: Fill this bag, fill this bag, fill this bag! Ha! Now eat this, you -bleep-in' Ratmen!
*Lightning Storms cover the field of battle. Rhoden shakes his weapon - a thing which looks like a cross between a lollipop and a fountain pen.*
Rhoden: We shall return! Ratmen, retreat!
*The remaining Ratmen pull back down the sewers, except for a few who are hard-of-hearing. These are quickly slaughtered by the Lightning Storms, leaving the Heroes standing about, nonplussed.*
Loralty:[b] Well, that want rather well, considering we do not know what was going on.
[b]Galen:
The Rat King was trying to ally with King Jay.
Loralty: I did not know that the interface allowed that.
Bob: *standing next to Concus* Look, it's Loralty! Do you still want him assassinated?

[ 29. September 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Concus Insane/Dark Figure#2: No, we don't.
Loralty: What are you two talking about?
Bob: Oh, he wanted you dead back when Styx and Stones were waring with Forminia.
Concus: I knew he wouldn't do it, so that mission was more of a checkup to see that you were still alive.
Loralty: How do you know me?
Concus: I know who is strong and who is not, and everyone inbetween. In ohter words, I have been spying on you, and all of the other popular heroes every since the beggining of the EDDNA.
Loralty: And when was that?
Concus: around the time my son, Galen the Insane, died.
Loralty: Isn't that Galen the Insane?
Galen: No, Galen the Insane was my father. I'm Galen the Insane II.
Concus: Now, back to buisness. (looks up the hill to Clare) Clare, you must ride out for a call of all the EDDNA members.
Clare: But...
Concus: RIDE!
Clare: Yes, mother.
Concus: That's father-in-law to you, missy!
Loralty: What do I do?
Concus: What ties into organizations do you have?
Loralty: Well...
Concus: Now you think about that.
Galen: I'll warn the Soveriegn!(he runs off)

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: ToF: Rise of the Rats Reply with quote Back to top

Loralty: Warn him? About what? ah well. I must have missed it. *Turns to Concus.* About organizations - I, ahem, do not have any real ties to any, save for being considered a dangerous heretic by both the DDN and the Daurosian Inquisition. But, check back with me in few Quests, and I might have joined the Pokemon League. We shall have to see how much more information Seth can convert from his Game Boy into this computer. *Backs away from the Insane man.* Well, farewell! *Turns and strolls towards his Temple.

*Meanwhile, from behind a snowbank.*
Rattenford: Well, that went as I might have predicted.
Cucarouche: Ya mon, 'specially seein' as how dat lunatic tried to assassinate Comrade Rhoden an' all.
Rattensford: Whatever do you mean? What else would have happened?
Cucarouche: Well, it seems t'me, mon, that Comrade Rhoden was actually tryin' to make peace with da humans.
Rattensford: But, but, that would be a violation of sewerist principle! The only good surfacist is a dead surfacist. Perhaps Comrade Rhoden is not as dedicated a sewerist as he ought to be.
Cucarouche: Good. *Draws his blades across each other and smiles wickedly* 'Cause I's tired a' wastin' my time 'ere. What say we go and show dis "King" the real sewerist deal?
Rattensford: Indeed.
*The two slink off into a Sewer Entrance.*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: