Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "The Sovereign III"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Dragon raid is fine, Cooker -- but such a cavalier execution of it is not. There are still a lot of Heroes in Magicum, and all of them would be more than likely to drop their fighting to fight a common foe. Then, Xath and Terida. You realize that they hate Dragons now; hate them because they fear retribution for what they and Ephinmor did to their power base. That brings me to Ephinmor himself, who now commands the Ring of Twilight and has quite sufficiently recovered from his duel with Tanasril to wield it. You need to think these things through, Cooker. Far from succeeding, the Dragons would more likely be annihilated. One last thing; the gale was created solely by Riven and obeys her wishes. Dragons who tried to hurt her town would be flying into a death trap.
Not to add injury to insult, Cooker, but seeing as you were not here, I had planned to take over your Dragons. Tying in the Archons' citadel with Archmage's old post, I was going to have the Gold Dragons come to Magicum's aid and battle the changelings. Perhaps you could work that in?

Anyway, Raist, I have to ask you: was Riven's last comment made to Tanasril in the Throne Room or to herself out in the town? It makes a tremendous amount of difference.
And, last of all, if Riven weren't blinded by Tanasril's irrestible words (as I assume she is), she'd notice that the fighting was dying down. Every Thaman is now dead, and their troops' morale is pretty much broken by that fact and the arrival of the Northerners. The only real threats left to Magicum are Ephinmor and his magefels ... and Tanasril. And Cooker's Dragons, if he'll be kind enough to modify his post.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She spoke it aloud, in the throne room; I'm sorry to say, I can't remember which Silveredges are still alive. Embarassed I edited the post; makes more sense now. Smile
And Tanasril's hypnotic loveeliness has blinded her, of course. ^_~ She's more focused on making sure everyone's alright.

Pfft...and she thought she'd make a bad queen...^_~

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Loevliness"? You're being sarcasic, right? Tanasril's voice is as hideos, generally speaking, as the rest of him. Which means that the hypnotic effect is all the more horrifying ... Smile

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. That was sarcasm. ^_~ Tanasril's skeeeery. 9_9 Laughing

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment. - Raistlin Majere

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Will do Falotar Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Not to add injury to insult, Cooker, but seeing as you were not here, I had planned to take over your Dragons. Tying in the Archons' citadel with Archmage's old post, I was going to have the Gold Dragons come to Magicum's aid and battle the changelings. Perhaps you could work that in?

As you wish, give me a few hours and I will work that right in.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: comments ? Reply with quote Back to top

tell me if you don't like it so i can delete it.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: fun times Reply with quote Back to top

Again, please inform me so I can edit / delete the post

Please look into the "language code" thread to see what language was spoken ...

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"D'Tar Mordin", Cooker? How many weeks was your gold dragon supposed to be flying? Magicum's location hasn't really been set in stone, but it is south of the Hellfire Mountains; several hundred miles south of them, at least (speaking of the Hellfires, the fire Dragons would have to fly several factors above the speed of sound to get there from Magicum in one day). Besides the distance, D'Tar Mordin is dedicated to Krypta, so any gold Dragon going there would be as good as dead. Actually, I don't think this is important, but I like to lecture you. Wink
What [i]is important is the actions of the Gold Archons. Obviously, they don't realize what they are getting themselves into.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falotar wrote:
"D'Tar Mordin", Cooker? How many weeks was your gold dragon supposed to be flying? Magicum's location hasn't really been set in stone, but it is south of the Hellfire Mountains; several hundred miles south of them, at least (speaking of the Hellfires, the fire Dragons would have to fly several factors above the speed of sound to get there from Magicum in one day). Besides the distance, D'Tar Mordin is dedicated to Krypta, so any gold Dragon going there would be as good as dead. Actually, I don't think this is important, but I like to lecture you. Wink
What [i]is important is the actions of the Gold Archons. Obviously, they don't realize what they are getting themselves into.

Well, dragons are very fast, and they can indeed exceed speed of sound by several factors when they are in combat. The gold dragon was flying blind so she could easily ended up in the wrong direction, but the fun part is about to begin.

The archons are quite well prepared for anything then could possibly get into. A divine intervention might also be possible, as well. I doubt any arch-mage would confront the chosen of a deity if talking will suffice Ö

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That depends on the archmage. Tanasril is insane, and hates the gods with a vengeance. He also suspects that these Dragons have something to do with his recurrent losses of magic.
As for flying at Mach 3 or whatever, I don't think so. There's no call to believe Ardanian Dragons can achieve anything of the sort. Although I admit that you are maing this up as you go along, such a speed maintained over such a distance is simply impossible. Much easier, actually, to say the gold and pursuing blacks teleported.
Anyway, to Raistlin: I trust Riven brought Drexel with her?

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falotar wrote:
That depends on the archmage. Tanasril is insane, and hates the gods with a vengeance. He also suspects that these Dragons have something to do with his recurrent losses of magic.
As for flying at Mach 3 or whatever, I don't think so. There's no call to believe Ardanian Dragons can achieve anything of the sort. Although I admit that you are maing this up as you go along, such a speed maintained over such a distance is simply impossible. Much easier, actually, to say the gold and pursuing blacks teleported.
Anyway, to Raistlin: I trust Riven brought Drexel with her?

The speed is quite possible using wind magic, have you ever wondered how fast an adapt with winged feet can run? That is not normal at all, neither. In fact the dragon achieves supersonic flight using the same principle, just at a different scale Ö

As for Tanasril, the archons meant no harm, unless Tanasril meant otherwise. The archons are just there to put the mortals in their place. If Tanasril wants to contest the will of the divine, he is free to try.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: let justice fall. Reply with quote Back to top

I am hoping to have peaceful ending this time for a change, I Hope it's not too disruptive.

My guess is that everyone will end up being free Ö

Confronting the law giver is NOT a good idea.

Raistlin Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Riven brought Drexel with her - as if she'd leave him behind! ^_~

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Put mortals in their place?" Considering that Tanasril represents the magical practice most abhorrent to the gods, since it usurps their authority over creation, then "putting him in his place" must mean trying to deprive him of his powers one way or another -- and Tanasril could imagine no greater wound.
As for what I said about not defying the gods/archons, I grant you have a point. Actually, Tanasril may be crazy, but he is not stupid. All he really wants is to get rid of the Dragons. However, what I meant before was that he isn't intimidated by them, and that if he says a chance (or is pushed by them) he will try to destroy them -- or capture them to work his magic on.
And, Cooker, no interventions, please. As far as Dauros is concerned, his archons are probably interventon enough. And, while teratogeny is abhorrent, Tanasril does not (yet) pose such a threat that the gods would take any more drastic measures. Catastrophic as Tanasril's invasion might seem to Magicum, divine intervention (at least of a caliber to ipress the archmage) would be far worse.(If you think of it, that's probably why the gods never really do intervene directly. The only instance of their intervention recorded in the History is Krolm's battle with the Dragon King, and you can imagine what the results of that battle must have been.)
As for the speed ... the adepts are fast, but I don't think they break the sound barrier. Given cyberlore's penchant for that sort of thing, I'd wager that if there was any hint that they did, there would have been a sonic boom implemented to go along with the "Winged Feet" spell. Now, I'll admit that the Dragons probably could obtain such high speeds (Mach 2 or 3) with the aid of magic -- over a short distance. Moving such a bulk so fast would require enormous amounts of energy, and going so fast for a thousand miles or so would probably kill even an archon. And, then, you have the Hellfire Mountains. If the Gold Dragon really wasn't paying attention, and was flying at such a speed, she would have jellied herself against the mountains. And, to have flown high enough to avoid them all in the first -- well, she would need even more magic due to the lack of air so high, and the resultant lack of pressure under her wings. Really, I wish you would change it to teleportation -- it wouldn't kill you, would it?
Lastly, I have to apologize to you, Raist. Here we are, turning your nice "About" topic into a debate. Smile Please, forgive us.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Well well ... Reply with quote Back to top

The archons are probably going to ask a few question and leave, if nobody really has committed serious crime against the divine order. Stuff would get serious if the arch mage do try to defile or confront the chosen of Dauros, however.

As for the speed, I never mention the use of teleportation in that pursuit, or vise versa; itís up to the reader to imagine, really. As for the real reason I didnít write about teleportation, well, I am quite ill and lazy these days, letís just put it that way.

Divine intervention is probably not going to happen, since everyone will get away this time, I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: