Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "VT2: War with the Rats"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
MMMMM: it would seem to me that Ardyn is more in the position of a fly who voluntarily threw itself into the web. Wizards utilize the winds to cast spells, and Ardyn could so easily be caught in the crossfire . . . well. I will let it pass.

Wizards cuase violent proturbations in the ether winds, but spells are designed to be deadly in the real world, not to cause hurricanes in the ether winds!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

To Vizzerdrix: Don't leave! Please. You are still essential, you just need to post more of him in the story so readers know he is essential. What would this story be without the bad tempered Goblin Overlord?
To MMMMM: I have to agree with Falotar, and your mistake is easily unnoticed(unless the readers are reading the about topic). But, one thing confusses me, how could the Soveriegn bring all of the religions and non-humans together?

M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

With a coMMon cause. To defend Ardainia, for instance. CoMMon causes can work wonders

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I will, yet again, try to revive this story. The reason, ToF:Rise of the Rats. It's sot of a sequel to the Ratmen storyline. In this story, we will not kill Rhoden, because if we did, ToF: Rise of the Rats would not be relevant, nethier would the level in the game be. At the end of the story, we, hopfully, will notice there is a bigger evil then Rhoden, ??????, and they will get in contact with The Spirit of Justice. This should lead into the final installment of the Venstar Trailblazer Triligy. You see, I like Falotar's Chronlogical order of all the stories in 1001 Ardanian Nights. The Venstar Trailblazer series comes inbetween Majesty and the Northern Expansion.
Speaking about this, Falotar, you should post a topic on your chronology of the stories.

[ 14. September 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Galen...Not all the stories are related. In fact, only the TOF stories have the same characters. Unless there's a sequal, the characters in the different storylines have nothing to do with eachother. If they did, there would be common references to the huge baddies from old sotries - like Morkioroseph (I'm not sure if I spelt that right; been a while since I read that story. Grr, can't even remember it's name!), or Tanasril, both brilliant creations of Falotar. (You have a reall talent for writing villians, Fal.)

In other words...You CAN kill Rhoden in this story, if that's what you had wanted. It wouldn't effect TOF because they aren't on running stories. At least, this is my understanding of things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Actualy, there are references to this storyline in the ToFs. Mainly the Insane Family. They are in a lot of stories I do. Like, Concus is going to make a guest star appearence in ToF:Rise of the Rats. He will turn out to be Dark Figure#2.
The main stories that are conected are "Tale of the Merchant Prince"(It has the fathers of Venstar and Galen the InsaneI),"The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer series"(The story that started the conections), and the ToF series(The Insane Family are in the series).
Notice, when we started the Northern Expansion Quests, Galen the InsaneII came into the picture, which makes sense, because Venstar Trailblazer is right before the Northern Expansion. I know that is confusing.

M

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to revive the story, I suggest you start posting it.

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

The Merchant Prince may be related, since those characters are in it, but only indirectly. For, as I said once before, in my continuum Sydrian rises to unite all of Southern Ardania and most of Northern Ardania under one High King. Between the Day of Reckoning and the opening of the Northern Expansion, for him, nothing much happened. Whereas, in the Venstar storyline, the Sydrians either were replaced or never came to power, and Ravenswood was destroyed. Then, of course, in the next story Mayhew is destroyed (and, if Verminadra gets his way, so will Valmorgen).
Btw, Raist, as a fan of the Dragonlance stories, you should be able to guess where the Shaman's name came from (it's an anagram, and not very different from the original).

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Hm...Would it be from either Chronicles, or legends? Unless it's from Soulforge, Brothers in Arms, or The Second Generation, I haven't read it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Am I to understand that you have not read the Chronicles? . to you too, then.
The villain in question only figures prominently in Dragons of Autumn Twilight, though I believe he is mentioned in some of the other books.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

No, read the Chronicles; meant to include those two series. Should have worded it bett. ^_^

Hum...Aha! Verminaard? ^_^

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Verminaard indeed. A lot (well, maybe not a lot, but a few) of my names are anagrams of other names or words. Tanasril, for one, though it's not exactly an anagram (I changed one "i" to an "a").
Anyway, I'm sure Galen doesn't want us cluttering up his about topic with these discussions.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind. I like watching conversations.
To Falotar: I know I didn't say this in the Prolouge, but it was insinuated in one of my other posts. Ravenswood was rebuilt. Now, that we are talking about the chronological order of the stories, I see why MMMM couldn't have been the soveriegn in The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer, because, as you said, nothing happened with the soveriegn.
I catch on slow, just to let you know.

[ 17. September 2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

*G* In that case...

0_0 You put me in league with Tanasril? ....Even I didn't stoop to teretogany...I think...

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Forgetting the Live Ones, are we, Raist? Though truthfully, Tanasril isn't half as similar to yourself as the semi-divine Founder of the Warlocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: