Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About "VT2: War with the Rats"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm sorry. I was half waiting for everybody else to post. If you read "About ToF:Urban Renewal", my latest post says why I haven't been posting. I'm waiting for Cooker, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I'll say it again, let's hurry up!

M

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Reading the latest post in the story, I resisted the teMptation to say:

...They cannot know what horrors await them. For I am power incarnate. I will not be denied. I am ARDYN!!!

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

*Raises eyebrows.* Resisted?

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

I just came up with the perfect new character last night. He will not tell his name untill later in the story, but he is the spirit of evil itself. He can take control of people(ex. Galen the Insane, when he comited suicide) o do his will of evil. His name(on the top of his part of the story will be) ??????. Let's hurry up.

M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Is no one going to post? I had a new idea, and now it's a double-post in the story!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. If Cooker does not respond to my message in at least a day, I will continue posting.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

posting soon, but don't wait for me, i have to go though everyone's post and make a polt, which may take up some of my time.

Wait, help, I don't get the rain of fire part, how can that physically happen ?

What, ancient rodent spells ? wow, I think I had better not join, it got more crazy then I thought.

[ 12. August 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

MMMMM, it is beginning to seem that your characters are taking on more and more the semblance of omnipotence. They are becoming super-powered to the point of ruining the story, at least from my point of view.
It is absurd to say that a mortal deprive a god of his power, appropriate to himself, and release it in one massive spell all in the blink of an eye. Gods are gods; their power is integral to them, and it is not to ripped out at the whim of every powerful spell-caster.
Indeed, I see nothing in particular that would make Ardyn especially powerful. Of course he is not my character, nor is his entire biology known to me. Still, it seems unlikely from what I do know that he could be capable of wielding any great power - much less what you have attributed to him.
According to what you wrote, I believe, he was nn Adept who became disgruntled and deserted Lunord - which would result in the loss of his god-given power. In his travels, one can assume that he picked up more experience and power to make up the deficit and become even stronger. Then he tears a gash in the boundary between the physical and ethereal worlds and brings his entire body into the ether winds, where he spends two years. After which time, he suddenly accrues the power to undue a god.
Between the last two events enumerated there is a great gap. Why should spending any amount of time in the ether winds make him a jot more powerful? It is comparable to asking whether spending days beneath water will enable you to breathe it. You will not grow gills if you are submerged in water for hours without end, but you will drown. Similarly, if you thrust yourself into undiluted power, you will not become accustomed to it, but you will doubtless go insane. So Ardyn's stay in the ether winds would do far more to weaken him than it would to strengthen him.
So, take all that I have said into consideration, and please edit your latest post.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

If He have a demigod, i could make one too, dragons are powerful, aren't they ?

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree to some extent with Falotar. But I think that a super powered Ardyn would be some what funny. Hey, these powers could be the dimise of Ardyn. Here's an idea. How about he takes them(the powers) for a little joy ride during the battle, then return them to Grum-Grog.
As for the Spirit of Justice, could you please withdraw him from the story? I have a better purpose for he and ?????? later in the story line of the Tale of Venstar Trailblazer Series. I was hoping that, if we still want to after this story, do a third and final story to the series. This story would be revolving around The Sirit of Justice and ??????. It would be like the big finaly to the series, the big battle between good and evil.
I'm going to have to get used to the first person again, I started to get so acustomed to the ToF style of writing. So, Raistlin is coming back on the 16th of this month, I think she will be pleased that we started the story up again. So... continue writing!

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn simply cannot take the powers of a demigod for himelf; he's not powerful enough (no-one is).
Though Cooker seems to have a valid point; if the evil side has a demi-god, so should good. I would suggest, Cooker, that if you want to have a Dragon to challenge the combined might of Verminadra and Grum-Gog, that Stormwind and his Master resurrect the last Dragon King, Andraxal-Kerlazor.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

I am afraid Andraxal-Kerlazor is as morally challenged as everyone else. Beside that, how do one ressurect a demigod killed by Korlm himself, what kind of power do you need to bring something like that back ... (sorry for my English, it's late)

Falotar, if you have an idea, I am at your service ( well, strictly I am arleady at your service for Your Apoc story. ) so don't mind ask me to do anything short of jumping off buildings.

[ 13. August 2003, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
MMMMM, it is beginning to seem that your characters are taking on more and more the semblance of omnipotence. They are becoming super-powered to the point of ruining the story, at least from my point of view.
It is absurd to say that a mortal deprive a god of his power, appropriate to himself, and release it in one massive spell all in the blink of an eye. Gods are gods; their power is integral to them, and it is not to ripped out at the whim of every powerful spell-caster.
Indeed, I see nothing in particular that would make Ardyn especially powerful. Of course he is not my character, nor is his entire biology known to me. Still, it seems unlikely from what I do know that he could be capable of wielding any great power - much less what you have attributed to him.
According to what you wrote, I believe, he was nn Adept who became disgruntled and deserted Lunord - which would result in the loss of his god-given power. In his travels, one can assume that he picked up more experience and power to make up the deficit and become even stronger. Then he tears a gash in the boundary between the physical and ethereal worlds and brings his entire body into the ether winds, where he spends two years. After which time, he suddenly accrues the power to undue a god.
Between the last two events enumerated there is a great gap. Why should spending any amount of time in the ether winds make him a jot more powerful? It is comparable to asking whether spending days beneath water will enable you to breathe it. You will not grow gills if you are submerged in water for hours without end, but you will drown. Similarly, if you thrust yourself into undiluted power, you will not become accustomed to it, but you will doubtless go insane. So Ardyn's stay in the ether winds would do far more to weaken him than it would to strengthen him.
So, take all that I have said into consideration, and please edit your latest post.

Your observations are adMirable, but Misguided. Ardyn has little More power than a norMal adept. He siMply directs and controls the power of the winds. He can use it to eMpower hiMself, but only teMporarily.

In light of your analogy to the water:
Wizards can kill with Magic.
Nobody can kill with water.
Magic is a tool to be used. Ardyn is not a powerful spell-caster. Think of Ardyn as being in a large and universal rooM filled with all the tools in the world. However, GruM-Gog is careless with his tools. I accept that it is Making hiM too powerful; I will try to make hiM weaker in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
MMMMM, it is beginning to seem that your characters are taking on more and more the semblance of omnipotence.

The Sovereign isn't oMnipotent!

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

krolm killed the Dragon King, yes. But when did that ever stop anyone? There is but one place that a creature can go after death in ardania, and I'm sure Krypta would be willing to part with the soul of Andraxal . . . especially if she were to get something out of it.
MMMMM: it would seem to me that Ardyn is more in the position of a fly who voluntarily threw itself into the web. Wizards utilize the winds to cast spells, and Ardyn could so easily be caught in the crossfire . . . well. I will let it pass.

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: About "VT2: War with the Rats" Reply with quote Back to top

do you guys still want Simesoth? Please make him an essential part of the story. I don't wanna be left out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: