Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

It is because there are all ready so many stories that I hesitate to post the opening for this one. On the one hand, I see it as a way to inspiration; on the other, I don't want people to divert their energies into it from the other stoires.
What do you think? If you want to join (now or whenever we decide to), please post here, outlining your characters with a brief bio. You're only allowed three characters: two heroes and one villain. We'll start once we have three authors posting.

[ 29. August 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, don't bother hesitating. When inspiration strikes, you go with it.

Now then, down to business. Is three just the maximum, or the minimum as well? Is there a background heading our way? ^_^ Very hard to create characters when you don't know their purpose...^_~

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

My characters are:

Keifew Grimfalcon, the Merchant Prince

The eighth son of a notable Tholarian merchant; he had virtually no inheritance. This did not suit his taste for wealth and luxury, so he acquired some money (by mysterious means) and founded a new city in the wilderness east of Mayhew. He is wise except for his love of money.

Xan Limelleq'

Xan was a mercenary Warrior before he met with the Tholarian merchant's son. His advice and cunning helped Grimfalcon found his kingdom. Enamoured of art and beauty, he has his own visions for the future.

Henraaph Mothflower

A dark Elf Wizard who has his own plans for Xan Limelleq' and the planned town of Falconheim.

[ 28. August 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Maximum. And, the only background is that the Merchant Prince is founding a new kingdom. The story starts when his kingdom is newly founded. The tale concerns how it is built up.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, I'll join. You lead, I follow. One thing caught my eye though, did you get your inspiration from the freestyle quest?
Character wise, I can't think of any now, well, that's not true. It all depends when in time it takes place. If it takes place after the ToF series, then I do have character. Jut tellme what time period and I'm there!

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem, Galen. I must point out that ToF exists in its own little world - namely, Jay's PC. It is the actual game of Majesty (more-or-less). The other stories in this Forum are based in the "real" fantasy world of Ardania. There is no correlation between them on an essential level. (Nor any communication, except through an interdimensional gate).
But, I suppose the time in relation to "real" ardania should be given. It is before the (second) rise of the Sydrians, so there is no High King nor any all-embracing authority.

And yes, I got the idea from the Frestyle Quest, "Merchant Prince." I was playing it, in the persona of Grimfalcon, and I had the overpowering urge to see how it would develop as a story. Furthermore, I was inspired by 1000 Ardanian Nights, the first story on this board.

[ 29. August 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Shoti Firearrow

A ranger born in Tholoria, Shoti followed the merchant prince in search of adventure. She's lovely, but swore oaths of celibacy to Agrela after the death of her husband.

Siyoam the Nurturer

A healer from a near by town, Siyoam wandered far and came upon Keifew Grimfalcon and his new city. Deciding to offer her healing abbilities, she stayed to help.

Talilah Sparkfly

A sorceress specializing in storm magic, she works under Henraaph. She's traitorous, but obeys orders quietly, biding her time.

Just let me know if any of their bios conflict with you plans.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my charaters:
Concus Insane(Good):
Concus is the father of the original Galen the Insane and a WoD. He, like his son, are always looking for a good adventure, though he hardly ever finds one, untill now...
Blindel Buildgood(Good):
Brindel(Sounds like the color) is a dwarf, in search of a good career, outside of fighting. He sees the construction of Falconheim as a good oppertuninty. He is a very humble soul, but can be provoced when necesary.
Oden Trailblazer(Evil):
Father of Venstar Trailblazer. Once he has heard that a Merchant is founding a town, and a potential kindom, he get's jelous. He will not stand for a (not very)poor merchant building a town. So, in secret he starts to build an army(I'm sorry, I just like big battles).

So, those are my characters.

[ 29. August 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

In my Ardanian chronology, the game of Majesty is the second rise of the sydrians. It is the documentary of Gavinal Sydrian's rise to the position of High King. "The Merchant Prince" takes place prior to this. "Venstar Trailblazer" takes place between the second rise of the Sydrians (Majesty) and Sydrian's Northern Expansion (MajX, obviously). It also takes place in a different time continuum/dimension of reality, as in my continuum Gavinal is the High king throughout (and not some man who refuses to reveal his name), and Ravenswood is not destroyed. I think I will write down the chronology of my continuum sometime . . . hmmmm.
As for names, "Brindel"'s fine, but "Build" sounds rather abrupt. How about "Buildgood?"

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Falotar. You are realy good at coming up with names. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Now, I guess, we are ready to start the story?

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Ready to go! So - prepare!
(And I have no plans. Just ad lib. as we go along. also, other may join. I just wanted a minimum pledge of support.)

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Great! ^_^ Sounds like fun. Ad libbing is always interesting.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Not many people know this, but I make short films. My pojects right now are "Tic-tac-toe"(my take off of LotR, but became a series of it's own) and "Sunday Morning Pretaped"(my take off of Saturday Night Live). And if you know you know about hose, then you know that I'm all about Ad libbing!
Nice start to the story.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there's the introduction of my first heroine. ^_^ Siyoam should be coming along soon enough, and Talilah as well.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: About the "Tale of the Merchant Prince" Reply with quote Back to top

A note: Prince Grimfalcon always addresses people by their last names, and it is Xan's practice to call those he likes or respects "lord" or "lady."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: