Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Monday is here, and I've delivered as I promised. I don't know how this will go - I sort of feel under the weather - but hopefully it will be as wonderfully wacky as the best!

Now for some standard intro stuff:

For anyone new, Tales of Forumia is a series of tales in which anyone can join in. Just post in a character and we'll update you into the Cast List.

Here are the Rules again!

Rule 1: This is a comedy set in the computer-game environment of Majesty. That means gold pops over people's heads, Reward Flags float around and the Sovereign Jay is the computer player who's play-testing the game for Cyberlore. He does not have a character in the game - although the heroes can hear his voice cursing from above.

Rule 2: No super-heroes, please. Don't super-power your hero - this is to keep a good balance in the story.

Rule 3: Anyone can post - the best way to play this is to pick a hero that best suits you and name it after your forum name.

Rule 4: No Blowing Up Of Everything Please Unless You First Asked and Received Approval To Do So. Yes, This Means You Cooker/Merlin the Black/RingWraith or whatever you call yourself now.

Rule 5: No back-biting, please. This is a fun story board, so don't take out your grievences against another person in it. Do that some place else. I know that this is a fine line to walk for some of you, but the general idea is to keep things light, okay?

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. Most novel. At last a trio of villains I can truly loathe. I can scarcely repress the urge to visualise mentally putting them through a meat grinder.
Wait a minute.
...aaaah.

Onwards! Nice work, Falotar.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

The Story So Far..

Day 0
Clarely Insane encounters a strange shadowbeast named Shadobesto and agrees to help the creature destroy two tombs in exchange for help in finding her son Veti Insane. However, upon destroying the tombs, Shadobesto vanishes and the two wights Styx and Stones (in classic Pokemon Team Rocket fashion) appear. Clarely runs off to warn the EDDN.

Day 1
Loralty reads about the release of the two wights in the Trumpet of Dauros paper. He also reads that Eleanor (Head of the Dauros Divine Network) has placed the blame squarely on the rogues. (in particular Shifty, Ytfihs and Cherik). He decides to prove her wrong and help the rogues, just as Jay (Loud voice from above#1) commands him to go to the palace to attend a heroes' debriefing.

Elsewhere, TaleSpinner tries to claim an Explore Reward Flag only to find that a strange little yellow creature has beaten him to it. He tries to attack it and is lightning blasted into the air. He lands in front of Loralty (with no recollection of what just happened) and agrees to follow the monk to the heroes' debriefing.

Near to the Palace, Cooker and his sidekick dwarf agent Nobody Bond appear while discussing their agreement to help Demon 666 with his thesis. They were told to capture a "particular speciment of undead in the region" and mail it to the Demon via the Ardanian Postal Service. They enter the Palace to attend the heroes' debriefing.

In a nearby Burger Sovereign outlet, Veti Insane informs Galen the Insane II that their mother is Clarely Insane (a head paladin of the ExDDN) and that they have a brother called Bob the Insane One (head assassin of the ExDDN). They are ejected from their seats when the heroes' debriefing is announced.

In an unknown location in the Hellfire Mountains, Clarely meets her son Bob the Insane who reveals his intentions on killing his brothers Galen and Veti out of hate. They move off to warn the "others" in the ExDDN about the wights.

In front of the Warrior's Guild, DragonWizard, Eleanor and Clarina appear and proceed to the palace for the heroes' debriefing. DragonW mentions that he owes the Sovereign 500 gold.

Galen and Veti meet TaleSpinner and Loralty (by falling on them) and they all enter the Palace for the heroes' debriefing.

The Heroes' Debriefing
Sovereign Jay outlines the situation with Styx and Stones and mentions that both wights need to be killed (almost) simultaneously in order to stop them from resurrecting. Seth (Loud Voice from Above#2) suspiciously keeps away a Game Boy/console/computer game Converter (which might explain the sudden appearance of Pokemon characters in this story). Meeting is dismissed and the heroes move out.

Meanwhile, in the ExDDN HQ in the Hellfire Mountains, Clarely and Bob meet a Dark Figure who informs Bob that his next assassination assignment is on Loralty.

DragonWizard, Eleanor and Clarina arrive at the Palace to see the heroes leaving. They decide to follow Galen.

In the Marketplace, a desperate vendor gives a vicious Pokemon (which keeps snarling "Char-mander!") to a furrier. Meanwhile, Seth prompts Jay to check out a new Coffee House building. They find Alryd and Trog (having arrived from Lost Veegas on a diplomatic mission to Forumnia.. hmm..) running the Coffee House with Trog as the "vice-executive of beverage distribution".

In the Rogue's Guild, the rogues Shifty, Ytfihs and Cherik come up with a brilliant gold-making scheme that exploits the pokemon craze. They later present this idea to the Sovereign in the Palace conference room - the proposed construction of the Pokedrome where pokemon monsters can be bought, trained, healed and fought, potentially raking in -bleep!- loads of gold. Cultists will be recruited to capture wild pokemons. SovJ approves of the scheme.

Back in the mountains, Clare and Bob discuss about why the ExDDN would want Loralty killed when they encounter a Balbasaur pokemon. After a brief fight, the pokemon runs away and the two continue on their way to find Loralty.

DragonWizard, Clarina and Eleanor pass the marketplace. Clarina and Eleanor decide to go shopping, leaving DragonWizard wandering around by himself.

Loralty decides to go for a nearby bounty on a creature den and winds up fighting a dog-like pokemon. The fight is narrated by a Dialog Box hovering in the air. Loralty defeats the pokemon and leaves, not knowing that he is being followed by a little white pokemon that goes "Mew?".

DragonWizard meets a group peasants fleeing from a brown furry pokemon that turns into an orange dragon with a burning tail. It picks him up, puts him on its back and flies off. SovJ notices this and yells for Seth.

Meanwhile, back at the Palace conference room, Styx, Stone and Shadobesto have been listening in on the rogues' plan from the ceiling vent. They reveal that they want to overrun the land with an army of pokemon and that the Pokedrome will be able to help them form the army.

Just as the wights (and Shadowbeast) decide to proceed, they are interrupted by a cell-phone call from the Witch King who orders them to raise an army of undead. Unperturbed by this change, Shadobeasto points out that they can still raise an army of Pokemon - Ghost/Dark Pokemon, that is.

A CNNa Newsflash by Sister Gloom shows that the release of Styx and Stones have made the undead in the area restless. They are demanding for employee reparations such as better dental care and embalming reimbursements.

Galen, Veti, TaleSpinner, and DragonWizard continue to look for Styx and Stones to no avail.

Sov Jay constructs the Pokedrome and it is opened to the public. Shifty reveals yet another gold-making aspect of the plan - pokemon-match bets.

Raistlin the Not-So-Powerful captures a Vulpix pokemon and runs off to the wilderness to catch more.

Galen, Veti, TaleSpinner, and DragonWizard encounter a wild Ditto pokemon. DragonWizard captures it.

Loralty encounters Styx and Stones while bounty-hunting by himself and almost loses his soul to a sinister Haunter pokemon, but is shielded by the Mew pokemon. Astonished, the wights retreat and the monk sets off after them after befriending Mew.

Cooker and Nobody are back in their Wizard's Guild experimenting on captured pokemon using infernal devices from hell.

Bob and Clare arrive in town and decide to catch and interrogate Shifty on the whereabouts of Loralty. They leave the rogue knocked out in front of the Gambling Hall.

Raistlin captures a Suicune pokemon in the wilderness.

Galen, Veti, TaleSpinner, and DragonWizard head to the Pokedrome where TaleSpinner gets seperated from the group when a group of cultists knock him over. He decides to join the cultists' Team Fervus on the mission to capture creatures for the Pokedrome.

Day 2
Styx, Stones and Shadobesto meet up with Count Sanguivorus and Corporal Bones, leaders of the United Undead Uncles. They decide to join forces. Styx outlines a plan to equip undead with Ghost Pokemon which they will release at the Pokedrome causing a Pokemon stampede.

Meanwhile, healers in Lost Veegas receive a request from Cherik for help with monsters. They mistakenly think that he is asking for their help to deal with the undead and decide to come.
At the Coffee House, Alfryd, Trog and Veri meet an APS Adept and Gunthor (a recently deceased barbarian who is now a zombie). They talk about a parcel being sent by Cooker to Demon 666 (with breathing holes, but no breathing). Valium Blanc (a Smug Aesthete Bastard) wanders in and tells Alfryd about the Pokemon craze. The barbarian decides to visit to rogues regarding the licensing arrangements with the Coffee House.

At the Pokedrome, DragonWizard, Galen and Veti realise that TaleSpinner is gone. They meet Clarina and Eleanor who have just purchased some Pokemon for themselves.

At Cooker's wizard guild, Cooker shows Nobody Bond his latest invention, an Ultimate Power generator 2000 (which is basically a Pikachu with its tail attached to its head). They talk about their plan to capture the undead in Team Darkness - by placing a bait of wailing souls in an infernal trap which Cooker refers to as the 'mouse trap'.

Out in the plains, Loralty meets Raistlin and compare their Pokemons. Meanwhile, Styx, Stones, Shadobesto, Cor. Bones and Sanguivorus break into the run-down Wizard's Guild of The Archmage with the intention of stealing some Regulation Wizards' Guild Lightning for their 'special entrance'.

Out in the wilds, TaleSpinner and Team Fervus capture a huge Rock Golem into a Pokeball.

[ 24. August 2003, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I think I was truly inspired when I came up with this.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

I am waiting for tale's post.
Sorry, I was in the lab the whole day combating one problem after another without much sucess.

even a great wizard can face technical problems ...

Falotar, please post more Apoc, I can't wait !

[ 19. August 2003, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Heh,.. that ought to put a little spark into the story!

I suggested to Falotar that we should keep a story summary in here so that ppl who want to join can just read it up in one place. Also, it'll make contradictions less likely between our regular posters. To have it near the top of this page, I'll modify my previous post to make it the Story Log.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

I am here to collect sample and data for demon 666. Acadamic work ONLY ...

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

So, whats up with the Pokemon thing we're doing here, I found it amusing. Galen and Veti are ready for action!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

How do you guys like the Bob after Loralty story that I'm doing. I promise it won't mess up the story.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Just updated the Story Log. Man, the story jumps quite a bit

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if my entrance is a tad rough, but having taken a while to jump in it seemed the fastest way to get in the groove...
(One minor quibble Tale. Strictly, the vendor ends up paying the furrier. I suppose it's my fault for not labelling characters' lines. Give me time.)
I'm sure you'll be tactful in your handling of this subplot, Galen, but I can't quite figure out why EDDNA wants to take out Loralty. Will this be revealed later, or did I miss something?

[ 19. August 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd, I've modified the log. It doesn't reflect the joke, but at least it outlines the action, which is what the log should be about.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, I was in the lab, gathering semi useless data.

sorry indeed.

I will post something tomorrow. I am too tired now.

Shifty Coindrop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

This is looking like it'll be another of ToF's greatest classics.

And I just about died laughing when I read Alfryd's post.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: about ToF: (Team) Darkness Falls Reply with quote Back to top

To Alfryd: I will reveal more and more of why they want him dead. You didn't miss anything.
To TaleSpinner:The brother's name is Bob the Insane One, you missed putting the One on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: