Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after a week's sabatical, ToF is back with yet another wacky instalment. I've been working with Cooker over the plot on this story and I must say, it looks good Meanwhile, join in the fun and plug yourself into the ToF matrix...

Now for some standard intro stuff:

For anyone new, Tales of Forumia is a series of tales in which anyone can join in. Just post in a character and we'll update you into the Cast List.

Here are the Rules again!

Rule 1: This is a comedy set in the computer-game environment of Majesty. That means Gold pops over people's heads, Reward flags float around and the Sovereign Jay is the computer player who's play-testing the game for Cyberlore. He does not have a character in the game - although the heroes can hear his voice cursing from above.

Rule 2: No super-heroes, please. Don't super-power your hero - this is to keep a good balance in the story.

Rule 3: Anyone can post - the best way to play this is to pick a hero that best suits you and name it after your forum name.

Rule 4: No Blowing Up Of Everything Please Unless You First Asked and Received Approval To Do So. Yes, This Means You Cooker/Merlin the Black/RingWraith or whatever you call yourself now.

Rule 5: No back-biting, please. This is a fun story board, so don't take out your grievences against another person in it. Do that some place else. I know that this is a fine line to walk for some of you, but the general idea is to keep things light, okay?

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Finally, automatic tax, paladin and barbarian evasion...

We only need the fortress manned to Inspire fear ... Hum, to supply our customers with quality food service...

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Galen the InsaneII is drunk, dumb, and ready for action!
Where does the story take place? I atleast need a city name, for where CFC is located. You guys sure did start this ToF up fast. I was still recovering from the last one! I was wondering if you two(TaleSpinner and Cooker) would like to help out in The Tale of Venstar TrailblazerII, well atleast Cooker to continue with Stormwind...

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to ToF, Cooker and Galen - I think we've managed to hit the ground running with this one

I'll wait for a couple of hours before posting again - let's see who else turns up today..

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

After 2 weeks of vacation, I'm back and I can't catch up with Urban Renewal so is there anything that changed while I was gone or can I just join?

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Just join. There's nothing really significant that happened in Urban Renewal.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I'm leaveing for vacation to Ocean City,NJ this Saturday and won't be back for two weeks. I'll try to find a computer hile I'm down there. You guys can control GalenII while I'm gone.
P.S. Nice signiture, TaleSpinner. Lol.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to say this, I just did a search of 1001 Ardanian Nights for ToF, and I found that we have few of the quests from the game(but the longest running series on this site). But, the main thing I wanted to say is, how much the cast was changed(the people that have come and gone and the way we get into more detail of each character and his personality). It really is strange how the world of ToF has changed from "ToF:The Bell, Book, and the candel, just one character has changed the path of another. Fasenating, really.

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be an honor to post in a ToF story but to tell you the truth, I really have no idea what the series are about. There are too many inside jokes and things carried over from previous ToFs. Since this is the first ToF I've read, you would know how I feel...totally confused Please, I'm asking for all your help, I'd really like to post but I don't know what.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Falotar - it won't be ToF without Loralty the Talkative One. Introducing a new character, I see? I'm intrigued

Vizzerdrix, yeah ToF has grown quite a bit in abnormally weird ways. If you're up to it, you can read all the ToF stories in chronological order from the Tales of Forumnia Compendium

But basically, the idea is this - everyone is a hero in the Majesty computer game. Jay is the computer player, play-testing the game for Cyberlore. He doesn't have a hero in the game itself, but we all can hear and talk to him from his computer screen, which to us is a huge, glass window in the sky.

Since this is a computer game environment, things consistent with computer programs and the actual game itself happen - like system glitches, gold popping over people's heads, reward flags floating in the air etc.

I tried listing down all the inside jokes we have in ToF, but there're just too many. Maybe we might try to write a ToF Encyclopedia and dump it in the Compendium post?

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Well...Raistlin the Not-So-Powerful has come out of hiding! ...At least his Disembodied Voice talk him out of taking mushrooms with him everywhere...though he is still fond of Portabella...

Right, anyway. Raistlin and his Disembodied Voice are back. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Raistlin - glad to see you back on your feet! Or at least back in this ToF. Whatever.

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Is I.X.M.I.L. a library, a restaurant, or an evil building? I'm really confused here.

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I tried my best to fit in the ToF family. You can see my post. I introduced a Rogue, Neddy the Shaft. He's not weird like the other characters (...the Not-So Powerful, Megolomaniac Wizard..etc)

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: about ToF: Fortress of I.X.M.I.L. Reply with quote Back to top

O yeah I forgot to mention. I read Urban Renewal and its very funny. Is Vinnie a Godfather or something. Because that would be hilarious. A Goblin Overlord mafia boss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: