Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Ardania, the Forgotten Tales
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

This is the book of the forgotten tales, tales that spoke of the greatest heroes of all time, tales of heroes from many origins. Lords and paupers, Humans to dwarves, All have been known as the greatest heroes of all time. History becomes legend, legends become myth, and myths become Immortalized. Each warrior, each mage, and even the lowest thief become heroes of Ardania, Protectors of the weak, and loyal to the gods. Thus the tales begin...

Micah, Son of the Dragon King. Son of the ancient hero Darmik of the drakes. Half dragon, half elf, the young warrior travels the land. His hair was an ocean upon his white scales. His eyes seemed to pierce through your body and saw the soul within. Champion of Valmorgin, Lord of the Dragons, Fire from the Star were his titles. But an exile was he. Exiled from the throne, exiled from Lormedia. It was nearly fifty years since the finding of dragon fang, and the defeat of the archdemon. Most of the Cleansers have died of old age. Darmik has also withered from the tree of life. It was he who exiled Micah. Throughout his childhood, the two always disagreed on everything, mainly religion and battle. Soon the debate reached it's full potential and when Darmik saw his son in Krypta's temple he nearly killed him. His mother, the elven priestess Kilia managed to pursuade the drakon king to exile him.
And here he was, a ranger who followed Krypta in the woods of Lormedia, watching his father's remains being burried into his final resting place, away from the guards visible sight. As soon as it was over he left too. He had noehere to go but anywhere was better than the land he was in now.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

"Where in the Abyss am I?" Raistlin Majere, Master of the Past and Present, wondered aloud. He rubbed his head thoughtfully, willing the ache to go away.
"Last thing I remember is lying in the Abyss...So what by Nuitari happened?"
He glanced around, trying to find something that would tell him where he was. As far as he could see, there was only woods around him.
Standing up, he immedietly put a hand to his pouches, making sure they were still there. Finding all intact, he bent down and picked up his Staff of Magius, wich had been lying next to him when he awoke. As he reached out a hand, he saw his skin and grimaced.
"Still the damned gold," he said aloud. Sighing, he straightened and started walking north. The night was warm, and the heat was beating into the black velvet of Raistlin's robes. Nonetheless, he pulled his hood lower, shivering and coughing slightly. He leaned heavily on the Staff. He felt as if he had been ripped to shreds and then put back together. Or like he had when he entered the Abyss, so many years ago. Thinking on the subject, he shuddered.
Damn my brother, he though viciously. If he hadn't come... Shaking his head, Raistlin sighed again. If he hadn't come, I'd be ruler of a dead world, slowly knawing myself into oblivion... Looking up, he saw a bush rustle.
"Halt." a voice cried. A man stepped from the brush, his longbow up, an arrow poised to fly directly into Raistlin's heart. Raistlin's eyes narrowed, and he whispered a spell, just in case the archer decided to let loose his arrow.
"Who are you?" The man asked suspiciously.
"I'm Raistlin Majere. Master of the Past and Present." he said in his whispery voice. "Would you be able to tell me where I am?"
"Where do you come from?" The man asked, ignoring the mage's question.
Raistlin's eyes narrowed dangerously. "I hail from The Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas. Now, could you tell me where I am?"
"You are in Ravenswood." The man said reluctantly. "I have never heard of this "Palanthas;" is it a new town?"
"Palanthas is one of the largest and most beautiful cities in all of Krynn," Raistlin said contemptuously.
"What is "Krynn"?
Raistlin shook his head i disgust. "Krynn! The earth we standon!"
"We are on Ardanian soil."
"Ardania?" Perhaps that is what they call Krynn here, he thought. Looking up at the sky, he balked. The constalations were not there. Takhisis, the Five-Headed Dragon was no where to be seen. Paladine, the Platinum Dragon, was not there. And Gilean, the Scales, was no where in the sky.
"Where am I?" Raistlin asked softly into the sky. He could see other constilations, strange ones. One looked like a flame. And there was only one moon in the sky. One white moon. "Name of the Abyss," he breathed. Turning to the man, he composed himself.
"Where did you say we were?"
"Ravenswood. In Ardania."
Raistlin nodded. "I see. Thank you, good sir." He nodded to the man, and walked off. When he was a good distance from the archer, he took out a handful of rose petals and murmered a prayer. He disapeared, wondering where he would end up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Micah walked away, "Krypta, will he be ok in the afterlife?" he spoke to the woods. Though I am the goddess of death, I care for all who die. Remember, the dead is my people, and your father shall enjoy his rest. No matter if he hated me or not. A voice came, cold almost uncaring, but with a deep passion. The young half-drakon had a strong relation with Krupta he was told, stronger than the Priestess' themselves. His mother was a priestess at the time and secretly taught him the religion, while his father later on sent him to the rangers guild. He walked through the woods, and by nightfall he was far from his father's realm. Atleast he gave me this. He thought to himself, stroking the hilt of the sword. He never trusted anyone with Dragonfang, not even his generals, and yet he gave me it when I became a ranger.

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

~Aedelphy Twinkleyes had been wandering the forest for a week now. She wasn't sure where she was going, and it was beginning to unnerve her. It was at that moment that Aedelphy realized that there was a lot she didn't know.
"Why am I in this stupid forest?" she asked herself. "Because I left my home, the Warriors Guild in Mayhew." Okay, she knew the answer to that one. "And why did I leave? To find my father's murderer." Aedelphy sighed. "But that happened back in Lormidia. I'm traveling in the opposite direction and without a clue. Why? That is a question I truly do not know the answer to." She stopped to sit on a stump, head in her hands and temples aching.
Fear not, child.
Aedelphy heard a woman's voice but wasn't sure where it was coming from. In truth, it seemed to be coming from all around her. It seemed as though the forest itself was speaking.
"What in Dauros's name-" Aedelphy sprang to her feet, plate mail rattling. Her sword hung untouched at her side. Something told Aedelphy that it wouldn't help her now.
Try again child! the voice laughed. Dauros is nowhere near here. I am Agrela, Goddess of Life.
Aedelphy fell to her knees, speechless.
To answer your questions, you were being guided by Dauros, though you did not know it. Dauros is away having handling some kind of foreign affairs. He has asked me to watch over you. If you travel quickly, you shall reach Ravenswood before sunset. Now go swiftly, my child.
And with that Aedelphy felt Agrela's presence leave the air. She got up without a word and started running with new-found strength to what she now knew was Ravenswood.~

[ 22 April 2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Starsinmyeyes ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

It so happened that Raistlin appeared on the outskirts of a town. Judging by a sign, the town was called "Ravenswood," just as the man with the bow had said. Glancing aorund, he drew his hood closer about his head. He didn't wish to casue a stir.
"How in the Abyss did I get here?" Glancing up, he muttered, "Damn you, Paladine. I hope you're laughing right now. Have your jest. There is nothing to miss on Krynn. It's not as if I would have seen anything but the inside of my eylids for the rest of eternity anyway," He wandered the town, stopping when he came to an inn.
"Well, it doesn't look too bad," he said to himself. Walking in, he tried to buy a room, but the man would not accept the few steel coins Raistlin had. Cursing, he went into the streets. Looking around, he saw what looked like fairgrounds. Sighing, he shook his head, and walked over to the grounds.
I swore I'd never do it again, he thought, even as he pulled out a steel coin and a few scarves. But, if I'm to survive here, I'll need whatever currency they use...
Calling out, he made the coin roll across his fingers to disapear and reapear in his other hand. When a substantial crowd had gathered 'round, he called a young girl up to his stand.
"Now, watch the coin," he told her, amused. Carefully, she followed the steel piece across his hands, under his hands, and over the stand. Then, it disapeared into thin air. Gasping, she looked around for it, going so far as to lift Raistlin's hands. Laughing slightly, Raistlin pulled his hand away. Making a bunch of elaborate getures, he lficked a hand behind the girl's ear, and pulled out not one, but three steel coins. Her face lit up in glee, and many people appluaded. Soon the pouch raistlin had put out was brimming with golden coins. It seemed that they used golden currency.
Fools, Rasitlin thought, even as he laughed happily. He always enjoyed performing simple sleit-of-hand tricks, though he couldn't say why. Walking back to the inn, he payed the innkeep, a smug smile on his face. Going to the room, he lyed down on the bed, and was almost immedietly asleep.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Micah kept on gowing through the night until he finally stopped near a pond. A good place to set camp. He smiled, pitching his small deer hide tent. He unpacked some of food and tarted to cook. He soon noticed a rather large wolf was sitting infront of him. "Hello there mortal." It smiled. "What do you want, Fervus?" A tired voice came from the ranger. "Me? I want nothing." It hesitated. "Um are you going to eat that fish?"
"Here." The ranger sighed tossing a fish. "I know you came here for more then fish."
The wolf looked back at Micah, bits of meat stuck to his face. "Oh yeah, I have instructions from Krypta." He grinned.
"What does she want?" The ranger leaned forward, his mind alert.
"Here." He tossed the ranger a crinsome red parchment. "That was the parchment. Now if you excuse me, I got to go before you mortals think I'm a messanger god." It chuckled as it ran.
He runs like a shadowbeast He thought watching him leave. He opened he parchment, reading the elegant form written in a black flame.
Ravenwood? Why there?

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Sir Falotar lay back in his bed in the Second Mayhew Warriors' Guild. He looked around before blowing the candle. By its dim light he could see a suit of mithril armour leaning in a crner. Above his head were his sword and his adamant sword. These were the symbols of his profession. But they had not always been.
His eyes fel upon an ink pot on a small stand by the bed. Beside it lay a parchment page, half-covered in his neat handwriting. Once, he had not been a Warrior, but a historian.
It was ten years ago that he had come to this strange land. Ten long, arduous years... the Warrior's eyes slowly closed, and he slept.

It was a great day in the life of Falotar, Headmaster of the University of History. A great day indeed, for today was the day he would be made Royal Historian, responsible for the records and lore of the entire Empire.
In recognition of this momentous occasion, the Headmaster had given his pupils a half-day off. That gave the somewhat disorderly man a chance to get ready for the ceremony, which would take place in the throne room of the King himself, in view of all the courtiers. He would have to look his best...

It was later that evening on the same. Falotar, now Royal Historian, was preparing to sleep in his new quarters in the Castle when someone knocked at his door.
"Who is it?" he asked.
"Xanlantony," said a quiet voice. Falotar nearly jumped out of his skin. Xanlantony was the Court Archmage, perhaps second in power only to the King himself. What this powerful magic-user could want with him at such a late hour, the Royal Historian had no idea. "May I come in?"
"Yes - yes - by all means," replied Falotar, hastily trying to compose himself. The door swung open, allowing the violet-robed archmage to enter the room. "What brings you to my humble quarters?"
"I have an assignment for you," said Xanlantony, taking a chair and sitting before Falotar on the bed.
"Oh?" replied the historian cautiously. "What manner of assignment?"
"That will be revealed in time." The flicking light from the fireplace revealed a smile in the depths of the archmage's purple hood. "For the moment, all you need know is this: it will take you to another world, another universe, and it will involve great danger."
"Will it, now?" said Falotar. He knew when he was being imposed upon, and under anger's stimulus his fear of the archmage was dying away. "Does the King know of this? Why do you wish to send me? I know nought of fighting, and would be of no use in any kind of quest or adventure."
"As yet. Yes, the King does know of it. It was, in fact, his idea. Oh, not to choose you, but to send someone to explore this new ... universe. I selected you, due to your skill in recording events. You are the ideal candidate to chronicle the lore of a new land."
"But what about the danger?" Falotar countered. "A warrior would be better."
"All the King's soldiers are preoccupied with the defense of the Empire," answered Xanlantony. "Besides, with training, you will soon be a very good warrior. Aye, one of the best Warriors ever known."
Falotar noted the peculiar emphasis the archmage placed on "warrior", but could make nothing of it. He shook his head. "I am sorry, Xanlantony, but I do not think I can accept. Dangerous new worlds are not for me."
"There is another benefit which you seem to be overlooking," said Xanlantony, "but which is quite obvious. Think, man, of all the new things you will learn! The hisytory of this strange place! And the history you yourself wil make. As a fighter in that land in will acomplish much more than as an historian in this. And remember, it is the King's wish that you go. I informed him of my choice, and he agreed that you would be the best person for the job."
"Very well," said Falotar, rising. "If it is the King's desire, I shall do it." In his heart, though, he saw a vista opening up: a new world, its history and legends, its lore and wisdom. He suddenly had a great desire of his own to learn these things and preserve them. 'When do I start?" he asked, almost eagerly.
"Now," said Xanlantony. Before the startled Royal Historian could comment, the room around him was blurring, shifting ... and he found himself standing on one of the cobbled streets of Mayhew.

The Warrior slept in peace for a few minutes after this remembrance of what brought him here. Then...

"Falotar! Falotar!" it was the voice of Xanlantony. Falotar, dressed in full plate mail with his sword at his side and his shield on his back, stood in a clearing in a forest. The purple-robed archmage was coming toward him. "The time for you to begin the quest is at hand. For ten Ardanian years you have trained in swordplay and learned the customs of this world. Now you are ready. Come to the place caled Ravenswood, Sir Falotar. Come quickly."

Falotar sat up in bed. The room was dark around him. Slowly he laid back down, pondering what the dream - nay, the vision - meant, and what he would find in Ravenswood.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Dew was on the grass. The sunlight poked it's way through the rangers tent, reviving him/ He got up and packed his gear. For any traveller It would take a week to reach the small city. A ranger however, had the skill to make it within two days, avoiding the roads and make a direct line.
Even shorter if I apply this tonic. He smiled. He Opened a glass bottle and tossed it in the air. The liquid made a glass mirror that hummed with energy. Here we go [.I] He stepped through the portal, feeling invisible knives tear at him and disorient him, then put him back together. He looked around and noticed the location. The borders of Ravenswood. [I] I should make it to the city by nightfall.

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Aedelphy had been running for quite a while when she realized that she couldn’t sprint all the way to Ravenswood in Plate Armor with a sword at her side, a bow, and a quiver of arrows on her back. She slowed and thinking about her weapons drew the bow out in front of her. It was elven-made and of the finest yew. An Enchantment was cast on it so that it could not be broken unless she willed it to. Aedelphy thought, “What a fit father would have if he knew I was carrying an elven bow with his broadsword, each equally valuable to me.”
Her father, Sir Baramar disliked elves and had gone into a rage when he found out that Aedelphy’s mother was half elf, making Aedelphy a quarter elf. Father did not believe in the mixing of the races and it bothered him greatly that his line could not be carried on purely. Though father was not a king, he was very proud of his posterity and had always hoped for a boy he could train to be a great warrior like himself. When he saw that his daughter did indeed possess the skills needed to be trained as a warrior, he wasted no time in talking the monks into letting Aedelphy train as a Paladin. She trained at the local Warriors Guild five and sometimes six days a week after lessons from the time she was six years old and strong enough to hold a sword.
Sir Baramar had no idea his wife and daughter were part elven until Aedelphy was ten years old. Up until that year she had had the gorgeous blonde hair that was well known on her father’s side. Suddenly five days after her tenth birthday her hair went from blonde to blue-green. Seafoam. Everyone Aedelphy knew had heard the legends of Elves living in the northern stretches of Ardania and their blue or green hair. Father quickly knew what had happened. Aedelphy’s mother had somehow missed the gene but it was showing easily in Aedelphy.
Father was infuriated and after yelling at Mother for deceiving him went off to the nearby inn. That night he came home very late, clearly drunk. The pattern continued for several nights until one day a fellow warrior came to their house. Sir Baramar had been found outside the inn facedown with a poisoned arrow in his back. A rogue’s arrow.
Aedelphy’s mother got so wrapped up in grief that after about two weeks she sent Aedelphy to her cousin’s house. Mother ran off to a neighboring kingdom to serve in a Temple to Fervus. She decided that her life was so chaotic that she might as well serve Fervus.
Mother’s cousin was a harsh woman who cared nothing for Aedelphy. Aedelphy stayed there for two days. She ran away with some food and water and her fathers sword that she had snuck out of the house. The “Gorgon-Slayer” he called it for her father had never fought anything much more dangerous than a gorgon, though he was one of the most experienced warriors in Lormedia.
Aedelphy was so deep in thought that she bumped into a sign with the word “Ravenswood” carved into it. She would have more time to wallow in memories later. It was time to see what Dauros had planned for her here.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Asleep. Always asleep. Never waking, never moving, yet still tortured by the going ons of the world. Images flashed in his eyes. And still, he slept on...

Jerking, Raistlin sat up in the bed, sweating. Rubbing his eyes he stood, and dressed quickly. Daylight was coming.
I should learn of this place called "Ardania." If I am to live here, for now, at least, I should know the ways of it's people. When he judged himself ready (He had his white hair tucked away under his hood, golden skin hidden beneath black robes. Walking along the the town, he observed it's people in quiet amusment.
[i]So simple, their lives. Day by day, the do their tasks, dreaming of nothing but what fun they would find in a marketplace. I would rule, here.
he glanced up at the sky. [i]But first, I think I will learn about the dieties of this realm. He proceeded to a library, where he planned to stay for most of the day, studying.

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

"Well, fine! Have it your way! You'll never have to see me again!" **SLAM**

In a flurry of chestnut waves, Ravaihenne had left her father's house. Again. Actually, for the fifth time that year. But this time she didn't plan on coming back. Sure.
Cries filled the cool morning air as she ran off down the path. But the cries did not come from her. Cradled in her arms, wrapped tight in her cloak, was a child, a baby, of only a few months. It was a boy, with the same light hair and dark eyes as his mother, a resemblance that couldn't be mistaken. The baby was her own. She was only fifteen.
Family life was not good at home. Her parents never approved of her lifestyle. She never frequented the temple. She refused her training. Her sister was always so much more well-behaved. And a baby. A baby! They didn't even know that she stole things.
It wasn't that they had no money, she just liked to. And she was good at it. She had always known that.
The lounges were hardly a good place for a young maid to be, but she liked things there. Life was more carefree, and the people loved her. They were more like her.
Ravaihenne's feet finally gave way underneath her, and she collapsed onto the ground, landing on her side, so not to hurt the baby. She had no idea how far she had ran, or how many long hours had passed, but the constant beating of the sun, and the emptiness in her stomach told her it must be around noon. Baby Jarom hadn't stopped crying since she had left. His uncomfort was noticeable, but there was nothing she could do about it. She fed him, and laid him in her green cloak at the bottom of a large tree. Her own stomach could not be comforted. She had not brought any food. In fact, she only carried a ranger's knapsack, almost empty save for some healing herbs that she had stolen from the Agrela temple garden and some fire balm she lifted from the market back in East Chestwick. The only clothes she brought were those on her back--a frayed purple tunic, dusty leggings with leather chaps, and hardy, but light rawhide mocassins. She wore a belt about her waist, from which hung her thin silver dagger, and a pouch with a few gold coins.
It's probably about time to think about what you're going to do for the rest of your life, Ravi , she sighed. Where to, now? Can't just keep running. I wonder where the nearest city is. Ravenswood can't be that far off. I could probably get work at a lounge, or the inn, or something. I wonder if they'd let me keep a room, too. Of course, I'm never gonna get anywhere with you. She glanced at her little boy, sleeping soundly, a little smile crossing his delicate features. Brushing aside a stray strand of her hair, she picked the sleeping baby up and laid him against her chest. Poor little Jarom, what am I going to do with you? No one will want to take care of the both of us. And I can't possibly support you on my own. She let her hand caress his forehead, and stood up, her eyes moving northward. Ravenswood...there will be hope for me in Ravenswood.

[ 19 April 2002, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: neo_cleo17 ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Dauros, the Law Giver, had indeed been busy. A day ago, by Ardanian time, he had been conducting the spirit of Micah's father to his resting place in the portion of Krypta's realm reserved for the devoted followers of the other gods. Though Darmik had not been a Monk, he had still accomplished so much that Dauros honoured him by accepting him into the halls.
The god then returned to his own abode in the celestial sphere. Being an artistic god, be had made his home in the form of an elaborate Palace, filling half a large valley, the rest of which was devoted to lawns, parks, streams, fountains, and ordered woodlands. As he stepped along (normally, the God of Law preferred to keep the appearance of a Monk, save for the sword he carried), he felt a powerful presence in his Palace. He paused before entering his home. The presence was that of another god, but it was not that of any of his family.
He pushed open the door. Before him was a great hall, where he sometimes gathered his deceased followers and outlined to them the history of the wrold since they had left it. Now it was filled with the bulk of a vast gold dragon.
The dragon raised his head. "It's about time," he ruumbled. "I've been waiting here for an entire day."
"Pardon me," said Dauros calmly, only a little perturbed at finding this intruder in his Palace, "but I was not expecting you. Nor am I certain of your name. All the gold dragons of this world are dedicated to me, but I have never seen you before."
"Isn't that a coincidence?" said the dragon. "In my world, all the gold dragons are dedicated to me. I am Paladine, the God of Goodness upon Krynn."
"Ah, pleased to meet you." Dauros bowed a precisely deep bow. "I, as you doubtless know, am Dauros, God of Law and Justice upon Ardania. Welcome to the Celestial Sphere. Now, just what would bring you out of your dimension and into mine?"
"I have sent a... denizen of my world to yours," explained Paladine. "As common courtesy, I thought I would tell you of his history, and warn you of him."
"Warn me of him?" Dauros raised an eyebrow.
"Yes." Paladine paused. "You see, this man I speak of, attempted to become a god. He tried to overthrow me and my siblings, and set himself up in our place."
"Indeed." Dauros allowed his other eyebrow to rise. "You defeated him, of course."
"Barely." Paladine shook his head. "To be truthful, it is uncertain whether we would have prevailed or not. However, his twin brother convinced him to abandon his plan. Takhisis - she is my sister, and Goddess of Evil - wanted to torture him, but I granted him a relative peace."
"What is he doing here?" asked Dauros. "We have our own problems, my colleague, and do not need archmages with a taste for divine conquest in our world."
"It was not my idea," stated Paladine. "I believe that the god responsible was Reorx. He had gone down to Krynn, gotten himself drunk, and started boasting he was a god. Another drunkard bet that he wasn't. Well, Reorx can never turn down a bet, and so, to prove his godship, he apparently brought the archmage to this world."
"I see. Why did not you stop him?"
"Well-" the dragon's jaws quirked a little in a smile "-when I realized what had happened, I was rather relieved. I also thought it might be a lesson in humility to this man. His name, I should tell you, is Raistlin Majere."
"Ah, yes!" Dauros nodded in comprehension. "Just as I was leaving Krypta's realm, I met Krolm, the Father of the Gods." Paladine jerked back as if he had been stung. Dauros noticed. "Pardon me, but did I say something wrong?"
"No, no. You must excuse me. 'Father of the Gods' probably means something other here than what it means in my realm."
"Doubtlessly. To continue, Krolm was ranting that some fool had created a huge rift in the ether winds, and dropped this black-robed archmage into Ravenswood. He said his name was Raistlin."
"Ah, I see. Why do we not pay him a visit?" The dragon's large golden form seemed to melt. Alone in pitiful in the centre of the celestial hall there now stood an old man. He wore robes that seemed once to have been white, but were now so old and dirty that they appeared a mouse-grey. The old man reached up as if to scratch his head, knocking a bent grey hat off in the process. "Where did I leave my hat?" he wondered.
Dauros' eyebrows, which head returned much to their level, now climbed up again.

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

As Aedelphy entered Ravenswood, she noticed at once how colorful its people and buildings were. The city was obviously well off and its monarch’s pockets full. Lining the path that she was on were inns, blacksmiths, gardens, and other buildings. The path was apparently the main road and led to the Town Square, which contained a marketplace, magic bazaar, and fairgrounds. Off to the side of the Square was an inn that was clearly the best kept in the town. The sign read: “ The Fiery Dragon- Warm food to eat, and the warmest beds, on which to lay traveler’s weary heads.”
“That looks like the place to stay,” murmured Aedelphy. Then she looked down into the leather pouch hanging from her belt and realized that she had only one healing potion left. “First thing’s first,” she said tiredly. “Life before sleep.” She sighed as she entered the marketplace.
Even though it was nearly dusk, the marketplace was still bustling. There were so many people! Just imagine what it must be like in the middle of the day, Aedelphy thought.
As she watched the people in the marketplace one particular figure caught her eye: a man who seemed to be a mage, but wasn’t wearing the usual dress of Ardanian wizards. His robes swirled around his thin body as he walked through the crowed, chuckling and jingling some gold coins in his hand. In his other hand he held a staff, like no other Aedelphy had ever seen. She meant to keep her eye on the mysterious man but he soon disappeared into the crowd. Aedelphy turned back to the stand selling potions, only to find that she had lost her place in line. Too tired to wait, she decided to just go back to the Fiery Dragon. There would be time enough for shopping tomorrow.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Micah stod at the eastern entrance of Ravenswood, scanning the buildings and with a shrug he walked into the streets, searching for an inn. There weren't mny people walking in the streets this late. A rogue or soldier popped out from the streets from time to time, giving him a starled look then going on about their buisness. He gave quick bows to a group of priestess' and left. The night was not welcoming unless one saw it's true beauty, and Micah had tht gift. He soon found an inn, a sign hung over the entrance with a dragon sleeping over a hoarde of gold. "The Fiery Dragon." He said under his breath. It was two stories high and very new, like it was built during the month. He walked into a room of merry adventurers and merchants telling tales, gambling with dice or getting drunk. The ranger tossed the innkeeper two gold coins. "I demand a room and a cooked meal." He barked. "I will eat the meal here, but I want the finest room you have."
The innkeeper bowed, stunned at the remark of the ranger, but complied.
I'm here Krypta, now what's so important about this town that demands my presence? He thought to himself. Ravenswood was not a personal favorite spot for him. It was harder not to sstrike one of the guards who knew him, but then again it gave him satisfaction when the ran in fear from his dark gaze. Now what was so important?

[ 19 April 2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Son of the Dragon King ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Ardania, the Forgotten Tales Reply with quote Back to top

Raistlin had left the library to earn some money at the fairgrounds again. He had learned much; It seemed that there were seven main gods and goddesses, and other minor gods. GRowing bored during the day, he compared the dieties of Krynn with those of Ardania. As far as he understood, it seemed the the god Krolm was seemingly like Chaos, Father of the Gods. Krolm's two chilrden were rather interesting; they reminded Raistlin of himself and his brother, at times. While Caramon had never fought with his twin, there were those rare times when he would grow angry enough to yell something at Raistlin. The two dieties, Helia and Lunord, were complete opposites, another way Raistlin compared them to himself. The other four gods and goddesses were very interesting indeed; Krypta and Fervus, as opposed to Agrela and Dauros. Krypta was the goddes of death; she remotley reminded Raistlin of Takhisis, though not as...evil. Fervus was a god of chaos, opposing to Dauros, god of Order and Law. He reminded Raistlin forcefully of Paladine; not the greatest of thoughts. Agrela was a goddess of life, comparing to Mishkaal.
All said and done, it was a day well spent.
Making his way to the inn - it was titled "The Fiery Dragon" - Raistlin payed for a glass of wine and a light meal. SOmething about the air in Ravenswood made him feel hardier, as he had in his military days. It was enjoyable. He stayed in the common room a while, listening in sarcasm to the petty coversation. Soon, though, he took his staff and went to his room. What beheld him was an interesting sight. There was a tall, wise-looking amn, accompanied by an older White Robed mage. Arching an eybrow, Raistlin nodded to the elder man.
"Fizban." He said unemotionally. "Well met."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: