Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

about ToF: Urban Renewal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all, and another ToF is finally taking off the ground! I've polished the situation up a little bit more to make things more interesting. Remember that anyone going to Lost Veegas on vacation will probably NOT have a guild.

I've also contacted Shifty on a potential twist in the tale, which he will reveal in his first post. But meanwhile, feel free to join in!

Now for some standard intro stuff:

For anyone new, Tales of Forumia is a series of tales in which anyone can join in. Just post in a character and we'll update you into the Cast List.

Here are the Rules again!

Rule 1: This is a comedy set in the computer-game environment of Majesty. That means Gold pops over people's heads, Reward flags float around and the Sovereign Jay is the computer player who's play-testing the game for Cyberlore. He does not have a character in the game - although the heroes can hear his voice cursing from above.

Rule 2: No super-heroes, please. Don't super-power your hero - this is to keep a good balance in the story.

Rule 3: Anyone can post - the best way to play this is to pick a hero that best suits you and name it after your forum name.

Rule 4: No Blowing Up Of Everything Please Unless You First Asked and Received Approval To Do So. Yes, This Means You Cooker/Merlin the Black/RingWraith or whatever you call yourself now.

Rule 5: No back-biting, please. This is a fun story board, so don't take out your grievences against another person in it. Do that some place else. I know that this is a fine line to walk for some of you, but the general idea is to keep things light, okay?

[ 23. June 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

*laughing from Shifty's post* Great stuff, Shifty! Now the ball is cued and rolling!

I didn't know Ytfihs had a Scottish accent?

Shifty Coindrop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Actually when I started trying to figure out their individual personalities, it just somehow ended up that I based them on the cast of Red Dwarf. Works surprisingly well enough for me.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in.

Cooker's semi intelligence agency again plots for world domination, execpt they faced a little problem when they sent themselves in packages.

[ 24. June 2003, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno about you guys, but I was chortling throughout Alfryd's post. Welcome, Alfryd, good to see you in this tale!

Cooker's done good too - well thought up plot, but you might want to check with Shifty if he wants to be carrying parcels just yet.

For your info, Vinnie's goblin clan have taken up the roles of henchmen, bully boys, underlings etc. in Last Vegas since the operation got too big for the rogues to handle. Looks like some trouble is already brewing for our own rogues

[ 24. June 2003, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

I will pretend to be someone who drank shapeshift potion by accident, and fake myself as an warrior that got drunk. since warrior and dwarves look them same when they shapeshift.

Can Not Expose myself ...

Tale, can you add Nobody bound and CSA to the rouster again please ?

[ 24. June 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Galen here. I might try to join, but it might take a while, because I got lost by the mid point of Shifty's first post. I'll catch up, and try to start. Like I said, it might take a while, I'm guessing in about a day. I'll play Galen the Insane the second, son of Galen the Insane, who died in "The Tale of Venstar Trailblazer". His mother is unknown, most likely abandined Galen because she was drunk when she got pregnant. Hey, maybe his mom will be found in Lost Veegas? Lol.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome DragonWizard! This time the story's not going to die the moment you step in

Just post in, Galen - it'll give us something to work with at least.

Looks like the plot grows thicker by the day..

I wonder where regulars like Falotar and Raist are?

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody (sorry the pun) knows the minatour is in fact cooker, not a drunken warrior, he is going to beg the soverign to rescure cooker, which would construct buildings for the soverign in return ...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Erm - here, just not in the hilarious sort of mood I need to be in. -_- I haven't read the start yet - but I'll get to it! And hopefully Raist won't be knocked out for half the story on mushsrooms...

[ 25. June 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin, Archmagus ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I joined. I just need to catch up before Galen the Insane II gets to Lost Veegas. I skipped Shifty's first post, I got lost, real lost. Lol. I'm gonna replay Urban Renewal, just to get the feel of the story again. Don't worry, I know it's not exactly like the game.

[ 25. June 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

That's alright Galen - just get your WoD to Lost Veegas.

Welcome Falotar! Was worried that this ToF was going to go without its esteemed monk of Dauros

Heh heh, Shifty - simply evil..

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a huge fan of Mike Myer's comedy, but you have to admit that some of it sticks

Looks like the story is heating up...

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

all right, for a little twists, Cooker will work as a cook in an inn after escape since there are now dwarven fortress around.

Can anyone write up Nobody's plea to rescure cooker and soverign's reaction ?

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: about ToF: Urban Renewal Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Merlin the Black:
all right, for a little twists, Cooker will work as a cook in an inn after escape since there are now dwarven fortress around.

Can anyone write up Nobody's plea to rescure cooker and soverign's reaction ?

Yeah, yeah - I'll take that call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: