Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The tale of Venstar Trailblazer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

I now noticed that Stormwind was up. He was doing something I had never witnessed before, he was making a gate, and was gestering for us to get in. I woke Arimah up, and told her to walk through. She did as I told her to, looking tiered. We reappeared in front of a Wizards Tower. I looked around. "This is my home," said Stormwind, "We're in Valmorgen!" I looked at him, dumbstruck. This is one powerful dragon, unlike what I had said before. There is noway that the Rats could follow us here, for the gate had already closed.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Soira

Oh, dear. I had never seen so many vermin all in the same place. It was terrifyingl and oddly exhilarating. I wanted to attack; it was a strain not to. Nonetheless, I watched the rats go for the palace, eyes wide. Reaching for dalaer, I pointed.

"What of the people inside?" I asked him. "There's...there's a king, isn't there? What if he dies?" I didn't know much about kingdoms; only what they had taught me. "Kings are needed, are they not?"

The elf hesitated, and looked towards the Rat Champions. The palace was crumbling quickly; it was barely standing. Dalaer nodded, an aloof look on his face. I didn't know how he stayed calm.

"Krypta!" The names of gods had returned to me as well. I shot up, leaving the elf there. Heading for the palace, I lowered myself as I searched for someone who could have been a king. I don't know what I'd been looking for; I'd never seen a monarch; how would I know what to look for?

Luck was on my side, at least. I saw someone amid the near rubble. And he wore a sort of hat upon his brow, pointed, angular, and very, very strange. He was to only person I saw, alive.

Folding my wings to my sides, I dropped towards him. How I was going to get him out was beyond me; he was much bigger then Dalaer.

I didn't speak a word, and the man seemed too stunned by my appearence to say anything but take the help I offered. Taking his hand, I started upward, incredibly slow. I was going to strain a wing at this rate!

Somehow, I got him into the air, and out. We landed next to Dalaer, and I dropped him, stumbling backwards and sitting, hard, on my knees, panting. And I'd thought I was strong.

Dalaer spoke to the man in the Other Language - none of those painful memories had invoked anything of it. I glanced up to see the elf bowing, and then nodding towards an area away from the rats. Dragging myself to my feet, I started after them. The man paused and looked at the destroyed palace. He shook his head and turned to catch up with Dalaer, me following. I would have flown - running was very strange indeed, at a crouch - but my wings still hurt, and I didn't know how I would fare.

"Where are we going?" I asked Dalaer.

[ 17. June 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin, Archmagus ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Dalaer

"Away," I answered tersely. I was in no mood for chatter. This whole thing had been a disaster. Ravenswood was nearly destroyed; this would have a serious impact on the trade routes of my people. More personally, I had lost my lute and a beautiful friend. How could I have known I would see her again?
But, I did realize that escape was our more immediate problem. King Sylvar trudged gloomily beside me, dispossessed of his kingdom. However, he was the best chance that it would be rebuilt. His safety was nearly as important as mine.
A list of possibilities flashed through my mind. We had to go to another one of the great cities. Sydrian? But Caer Sydrian could only be reached by boat, and we had not the resources to hire a ship. East Cheswick? Too unprotected. Valmorgen? Yes, that seemed the best choice. It was close, it was strong, and - now I remembered - Stormwind had mentioned that he came from Valmorgen.
I set our course accordingly. Soira followed me, as did the King, though Sylvar did not look pleased. I did not bother to explain our destination, feeling more than a little smug at the position of the Sovereign.
The journey was long and hard, but we made it eventually. But the trek to valmorgen was not the end, but rather the beginning, of the story.

The End

M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

The Sovereign

"MY NAME IS NOT SYLVAR!" I bellowed. "ADDRESS ME AS YOUR MAJESTY!!! Besides, I bet I can fight off ratmen as well as any of you!" I brandished my Crown and Royal Staff and showed the heroes my Royal Robes of Protection.

Ardyn

Out of spite for the ratmen, I built a complete illusion of a prosperous kingdom in Ravenswood, including the Palace and many heroes. I laughed at the ratmen's futile attacks, trying to destroy what was not truly there.

LET THE SEQUEL BEGIN!

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Epilouge

Venstar, Arimah, and Stormind waited at the Tower for two days, untill the Wizard, Sotrmwind's master, got home from his vacation. After a while of convincing, the Wizard finally let Venstar and Arimah stay, for as long as they needed. "We promise to help with the chores and to not desrupt you while you practice." said Venstar and Arimah. The Wizard looked offended, for they had said he would need practice, or so he interpreted. They wqould stay there for a couple of years, until a war aross...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: