Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The tale of Venstar Trailblazer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

The Sovereign

I watched as the heroes near the inn fought the oncoming rats ant the Royal Advisor repeatedly complained about the palace being under seige. From time to time I glanced at the Palace Health Meter, and all was still well, thanks to the peasants. Then I saw the bolt kill the elf's lute. As soon as the battle was over, I cast Create Lute on the elf. The elf seemed very pleased.

Then I looked at the WoDs and saw that all was not well. Only one was left! What was I going to do? I had only 1247 gold, a temple to Krypta level 1, a temple to Fervus level 3(empty), a wizards guild level 3, and a rogues guild with which I could Extort 173 gold. Hmmmm...

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

Soon the battle was over, and everyone seemed to be injured, physicaly or emotionaly. Soria, the elf type creature, seemed a little hurt emotionaly, it seemed as if she found something out she did not like, well more of a now knowing half of the truth. Dalaer looked happier than the others, for he had just gotten a brand new lute, out of thin air.

Digging through my pockets, I stumbled across a few healing potions. I quickly handed them out to whoever looked as if they needed them the most, I could buy more later, if I live untill later. Seeming as if no one heard me the first time, I walked over to the group and said "Follow me. I'm headed into the sewers, like my original idea stated. The rars will not expect this and will be left helpless." The group all looked at eachother, then turned back to me, thet nodded in agreement. We went over to Stormwind and told him where we were going. Before reaching the sewers, I stoppe and said, "Are there anyone that does not want to go on this trip and stay above ground to fight? I will only allow one to stay. Now if we are ready, let's go!"

Galen the Insane

I was doing better when I had come in, when the battle ended, so I decided to take a walk down to Kriven's room. When I arrived, the room was empty, "He must have gotten well again." I muttered to myself.

From there I went to the front desk to tell them I was well, and to ask where Kriven had gone off to. "Okay, you are now checked out, and to answer your question, Kriven has just recently died, within the past three hours or so, right around when the battle started." the nurse stated, sounding calm, like it did not matter. At that moment, I pleged myself to kill every last rat, and to seek revenge on the dragon, the dragon that did this! I would not stop, even on the edge of death, to eveange the death of my friend, Kriven Lootgraber! I ran out of the hospital wing screaming in rage...

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Dalaer

Personally, I did not want to go into the sewers. I would have preferred anywhere else - even the underworld. Being dead is preferable to being disheveled. But Krypta wasn't about to let the ground swallow me, and I did have the city to think about. Particularly the town treasury, which I had hoped would be recompense for my troubles. This magical construct I held wasn't cutting it.
"I shall go," I said aloud, "though I do not like the look, sound, or smell of the sewers. But, as I believe I've said before, I don't think Soira will go. Emotionally, I don't think she's fit to go anywhere. Much less the sewers. If she's clautrophobic about an Inn's common room, think what the sewer tunnels will do to her!
"Perhaps," I added, feeling inspired, "it would be best for everyone if both her and I did stay behind. She needs someone to look after her, and I don't think Stormwind is suited to that task."
That much no one could deny. I had been shocked by his statement of weakness. Either this wyrm was a diabolic creature concealing some devious plot by pretending to be a wimp, or he truly was the most pathetic Dragon in existence.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

"This would be fine with me, even though I would like for her to got insane on the rats," I said, "Not to be offensive or anything. That means the rest of us must go. Hey! Wait! That only leaves Arimah and I. There is no problem with that, I just intended for there to be more..." Arimah and I walked off towards the sewer, both of us looking doutful. We final made it to the sewer, and I drew out my dagger and carved some of the bars away. Arimah jumped in, and I followed.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

I am actually excited about a chance to go into sewers. My masters mandated his servants, acolytes and assistants to keep me absolutely clean, so I have never actually being into one. These sewers might each me something books can not. I mused, and announced to the party that I will go by all means.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

Right before I could make it through the entrance of the sewers, I was stoped by Stormwid. "I am coming with you." he stated. I nodded my head, and let him go in first. He bit out the rest of the bars in the entrance just so he could fit in. I followed. Arimah had already ran up far, not very but still far, ahead. "This should be amusing." I muttered to myself. "Did you say something?" asked Stormwind. I shook my head and walked ahead.

Galen the Insane

I stomped off to the the remains of the Leaky Barrel. "Where did the Dragon go!?" I shouted to the elf, Dalaer, who I had met earlier. He pointed towards a sewer. "He went in here, following Venstar and Arimah." he stated. I decided I would go in, following them.

By the time I had gotten in, the gang had already gone out of site. I would have to track them, undetected....

[ 11. June 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Soira

Damn the elf! Things shifted and moved in my head, current thoughts pushed backwards - old one brought forwards. It was hard to make sense of things in the jumble of images the song induced. Oh, I couldn't think!

The scene around me faded, and an old one took control, overlapping the battle. The blood and gore of the dying creatures evanesced, and I found myself looking into memories that I had long, long forgotten.

There was very little space to move; I was trapped, all I could move were my wings, and my head. I was in a cage, certainly. There were no bars, no visible walls, but I knew that I put just one paw outside that small circle, it would hurt.

With legs and arms shackled tightly, I sat with my head against my knees, eyes closed. Footsteps sounded and my ears twitched. Other than that, I didn't move, yet. It wasn't until the smell reached me that I had looked up.

A tall man stood in front of me, aged somwhere in his middle thirties to early fourties. He smiled down at me. He stank of arraogance.

"How are you this fine day?" He asked, a sardonic note in his voice.

I growled, and pulled against the cuffs, rustling my wings menacingly. "I wouldn't know," I growled. "Go away."

He chuckled to himself, and peered down the bridge of his nose at me. He was very tall. "So ferocious," he taunted, switching to the other language. I didn't know this one as well. Looking past the man, I saw another cage, like my own. In that one was a sleeping creature - one like Stormwind, but bigger. Much bigger.

The man was talking again, but my attention was no longer on him, or that memory. Things shifted once more, and I found myself in the same place, but at a different time. There was a roar in my ear, and I turned, seeing the dragon out of his cage. He was screeching; not real words, but an angry, wordless scream.

He wasn't like Stormwind, not anymore. A collar of fur surounded his throat, and long, sharp spike protruded above his eyes. One pointed out from his chin as well. Again, he screamed his challenge.

Finding myself unhinged - at least, I wasn't shackled to the floor - I moved forward until I was crouched at the edge of my own prison. His yells, his cries of vengeance were igniting something within me; my vision was hazed in red, and I heard my hearbeat pound in my ears.

"Free me!" The dragon...thing turned to look at me, eyes crazy. I thought he wouldn't understand, but then he charged towards my cage and slammed into it. The electric shock that guarded us hit him, but he ignored it, crazed with the blood lust that was slowly taking me.

He slammed into it again, and the invisible wall broke. I leapt out, just as the man and others like him came running around the corner. The one who'd spoken to me before - he smelled of sweat. Fear. Ah, it was delicious. I let loose a sound that was somewhere between a predatory bird's screech and an angry cat's hiss. I moved forward, and all I could see was blood red outlines.

The memory was starting to fade away when I realized that the music had completely stopped. I blinked, and suddenly, I was caught between this present, bloody battlefield, and the old one.

I screamed, clawing at the branch, and moving to cover my eyes. Red. All I could see was red! I opened my eyes again, and the land swam in my vision. My foot slipped, and I dug my claws into the branch, letting my leg swing below me. I was breathing hard, completely unnoticed by the rats.

I realized, then, that my cheeks were wet. I wasn't sure if it was blood or tears, though I had hoped it was the latter. I drew in a sharp breath, attemppting to pull it all under control. With my eyes closed, my senses available to that most bloody scene, I breathed deeply.

I had killed them all, hadn't I?

I did not know for sure, not then. But I suspected as much. I didn't even know if I had been able to spare the dragon, who had saved my from my prison.

I opened my eyes once more, to hear the Bow Man and Dalaer speaking. The sewers? I dhuddered. I wouldn't go in there, not for anything. Carefully, getting used to my balance once more, I leapt nimbly from the baranch I knelt on to land a little behind Dalaer. I wrapped my tail a round my waist, and brought up leathery wings to cover myself, as much as I could.

I listened to the Bow Man, understanding little. I understood next to nothing of what he said, actually, and Dalaer was speaking in the same language. How I had recognized the word 'sewers,' I wouldn't know.

"I...will stay here," I said carefully. The language was somewhat easier, than before. "I mislike...the sewers."

Arimah

Oh, I wasn't fond of sewers. I was going to need a whole new wardrobe after this. If I lived after this. Damn. What had I gotten myself into? I looked at Venstar when he finished cutting the bars. Smiling wryly at him, I lifted an eyebrow. "Ladies first?" I asked sardonically. Nonetheless, I crouched down and leapt in.

I was met with blackness. I controlled my breathing, staying as silent as I could. I didn't see any danger, so I looked up at the Ranger. "All clear," I called softly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

My vision slowly transformed into a field of monotonous black and white as I gazed further into the dim sewer. This place is not as dirty as I first expected. Nor does dirtiness matter, seeing rats running in panic are really amusing and rewarding. I crawled across the ceiling, hanging upside down. In distance, I could hear characteristic squish of rats. Judging the distance from the sound, I knew they are quite a distance away. Their squishes sound irritated, as they seemed to fear something or someone. Maybe it's me they fear, so much better. I have just exhausted myself biting bars off the sewer gates and am in no shape for another fight. I listened to the rats in the distance, carefully, while refraining from making a single sound.

[ 12. June 2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Merlin the Black ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Verminadra

"Sir! They are coming! The heroes!" The panicked voices echoed down the tunnels, reflecting into my chamber.
"Oh yes," I said to myself. "They're coming. But they're not exactly heroes. One reluctant Elf, one over-eager Ranger, and a maladjusted Dragon. Laughable, relative to what they could have sent. But relative to what we have? Maybe too much."
But I knew that it would take some time for them to come. They had no idea of the maze they had stumbled into. By the time they found me, so I planned, it would be too late.
But there was one thing I had to do first. One man was responsible for this. His crooked advice had driven us to this point - forcing our hand before it was ready, drawing us out so that the humans could snip us off. To what end? I did not know, nor do I. I have heard legends of creatures who live on chaos, who feed on discord and disharmony. Perhaps he was one of those. But, whatever, I determined that Ardyn would face the consequences of his actions.
"It is over, human," I hissed, planting my staff - the Staff of Mathes - into the muck at my feet. "You can hide behind illusions no longer. You can teleport away from your actions and their rewards no longer! You sowed this field of Dragon's teeth. Now reap it!"
I exerted al of my power. My will, my mind, my soul flowed through the staff. Gathering the ether winds about me, I tied them in a knot. Then I sought out the mind of Ardyn. Even as I found him he became aware of me, and tried to slip away - out of this universe, perhaps.
"Not this time," I growled, and jerked the knot around him. He was in that instant cut off from the ether winds, unable to work magic of any kind.
Having secured him in this way, I grinned to myself. I uttered the words of power, dragging the struggling demon away from his sanctuary and into the sewers. I cast him right in the path of the approaching "heroes."
There. Let the fools chew on each other. Whoever survives, I thought, I would deal with myself.

M

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

All of a sudden, I found myself yanked out of the Ether. As I was, I sent my own tedndrils of power clutching after Verminadra. I wielded my power with such skill that Verminadra was teleported immediatly to directly in front of me.

"I did not bring about this chaos. Your lord Rhoden simply chose to act upon my advice. And it has not been wasted. Behold! The ratmen are wreaking havoc in the kingdom and the heroes are making no significant dent in their numbers!

I do not seek chaos. All I seek is destruction. The fewer people there are, the more peace and quiet there is. I did not mean to mix myself up in these complicated matters, but you and your King are far too clever."

I gave no warning. I teleported out again, and before Verminadra could stop me, I slid into the Ether.

Let the fools chew on each other!

The Sovereign

As I watched the heroes enter the sewer, I saw something very odd happen near the entrance. An Adept appeared, then a Ratman Shaman appeared. The adept said something to the shaman, then vanished.

I don't have a temple to Lunord, and the adept was entirely gone. He was nowhere in Ardania.

Then, I saw the Palace Health Meter. It had fallen below the halfway point! I had to do something, and quickly!

Market day. Extort.(Just in time, dead market.) Lightning Storm.(Just in time, dead wizard guild. Wizard steps out, says "Where's Stormwind?" and starts roasting rats.) Lightning Storm kills Ratapults, decreasing the Rate Of Palace Damage(RoPD) Call in the priestesses! An army of skeletons starts parading out of the Krypta temple, followed by four Priestesses.

Palace Health Meter: 376.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Galen the Insane

This was pretty easy. Lurking in the darkness was pretty fun. Always watching, always waiting, this was the life for me, no wonder they call me Insane! The groups pace stared to quicken, when an adept had appeared out of thin air. They started to run, with me still being unseen. What idiots! Who could not see a huge Warrior of Discord following them! Still, I didn't want to blow my cover. My plan was to attack the Dragon next time they stopped to rest, which looked like it wouldn't be anytime soon. So, they are headed to the Ratmen's throneroom, if memory serves me right, they were headed the right way. It looks like the adept knows were he's going. The gang just might have a new friend...

M

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Ardyn

At first, I was bedazzled by the sight of the Ether winds at full force. After a while, however, I recovered and found that this was a very useful place to be! I could have peace and quiet whenever I wanted!

However, it was essential that Verminadra, who knew what I was doing, must be destroyed. I opened a window of thought to the sewers and used subtle illusions to make the way to the throne room obvious...I would now be the heroes' benefactor.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Venstar Trailblazer

We walked a little while more, before reaching the entrance to the trone room. The Adept stopped, turned around, started to laugh, and then disappeared. We were left helpless against the full fury of the Rats. "On the count of three, we attack," I muttered to the group, "1.. 2.. 3...! Go!" I ran in first, followed by Arimah, then Stomrwind. I saw a Ratshawman next to the Rat King, it was the Rat from my dreams! I drew my bow and arrows, and fired at him. He casted a spell to destroy the arrows. They Rat King and Shawman started whispering to eachother, followed by them ordering something in Rat. Two groups emerged, a nice sized group of Rat Champions, which attacked us, and a HUGE army of Rats, which ran outside the sewers. Right after this, the Rat King and Shawman disappeared, where they went, I do bot know. The group of Rat Champions surronded us, and that is when I heard a voice.

Galen the Insane

They made it to the Throne Room, and a large battle began. I could see a group of Rat Champions surrond the gang. They were going to kill the Dragon before I could torture him!

I jumped out of the darkness, nocking down a few of the Rat Champions. "Run!" I yelled to the gang, and that is exactly what they did. I can take these Rats, I know I can!

Venstar Trailblazer

It was Galen, where did he come from? When we got back into the sewers, I turned around to the group and asked "Which way did we come from?" Everyone shrugged. "We're lost!" I shouted...

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Galen the Insane

The Rats outnumbered me, but I was used to it, for I did almost this exact same thing a little while ago, in the first part of the battle that just ended. Twenty, maaybe thretly Rat Champions surronded me. Most of them were well trained, they were most likely the Kings Gaurds. How frustrating.

They all were taking hacks at me at the same time, one of the blows hit my left arm. The next hit my right leg. I had only killed one of them by that time. One more blow hit me in the back of the head, I fell to the floor, still fighting. All I could see was a fury of axes coming towards my head. I put my double blade stick up, to defend myself. With one slice, it was cut in two. My hands were my only weapons...

Venstar Trailblazer

We ran around the pipes for who knows how long, and still hadn't found an exit yet! After a little while, we ran into one of the groups in the big wave, it had already seen us, so I drew my bow and started to fire arrows, Arimah walked a little bit further in a ready stance, and Stormwind made a big smile, opening his mouth, showing all of his, razor sharp, teeth. A small battle started.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Arimah

Whoever said life was unfair?

Me.

It wasn't that I was overly fond of the Insane One, but I felt gulty leaving him behind. He'd be killed, certainly. That couldn't be right. But I followed anyway; a small dragon and a ranger would last long on their own. Yes; just add a hand-to-hand fighting elf, and we'd have the strangest party known to man. Well, maybe not.

We were stranger with that freakish cat thing.

In any case, I ran with them, just as lost. I was good with directions - but that was above ground, in broad day light. I was blind in the sewers.

When the ranger pulled up short in front of me, I nearly ran in to him. Skidding to a halt, I looked around him, and groaned. Great. Just what we needed, really. I moved forward, hands raised and my weight placed on my back leg. Well, nothing made you ready for a fight like running. Ah, well. They were here.

Maybe they'd let us pass if we asked really nicely?

Doubtful.

I ducked a Ratman's swing of the sword; it was so off that I only needed to lean back slightly. Foolish creatures. I lifted my front leg and kicked out, turned it into a side kick. He backed up, dazed and winded. Taking the chance, I grabbed his head in my hands and brought his furry face down to greet my knee. He slumped to the floor; not a very pleasant meeting, it seemed. Tough on it.

"This is not going to be very easy," I called over my shoulder.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: