Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The tale of Venstar Trailblazer.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm Galen Frese\Venstar Trailblaizer. I'm looking for a few good writers to start a story about my character. Please either add to this post, or go to my profile and e-mail me. I am thankful for all the help anyone can give me. Also, I am the person who posted the poll "a show of hands".

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

It was my first quest, and I was very nervous. I'm Venstar Trailblazer,a Ranger. I was looking for a few good men to help me. Since it was my first quest I had to do something to get me noticed by the king. The best idea I had was to slay a beast that was deeply troubling the land. "To expected," I thought to myself. Then that sparked a new idea. This was something unatempted before. It was perfect, I had decided on sliping into the sewer at night. Then I would go to the center of sewer life and try to kill the rat king. This would be a difficault task, so I posted a note at every marketplace I could find, "Good heros needed, meet at The Boar of Happiness, an inn just south of Ravenswood." When I made it to the inn, I talked to the owner and I made him aware that I was waiting for heros that where looking for Venstar Trailblazer. He answered with a nod and show me to my room.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

It was night fall when people started to show up. It was few and I was ready to wait for more. All the help I can get would be a major factor in our success, but I had decided to make share only good heros would join. In three days I would host a tourament at the fiargrounds just five miles from the inn. It would be then that I would decide who joined me in my quest.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Extract from the journel of Dalaer Finequill.

Here I open the first chapter of my life as an independant being. Thanks belongs to Perrilon and Feridiane, my parents, for providing me with this journal wherein to catalogue my experiences, as also with the necessary accoutrements of a wandering Elven entertainer and soldier-of-fortune. Thanks also to my one-time playmate, Gingerael, for inspiring me to visit the forests of Ravenswood. May Krypta guard her spirit well!

I had not been in Ravenswood long. It was growing dark and, considering my options, I headed for a distant sound which my ears told me was the worthy laughter of men enjoying an evening away from their wives.
Following my ears, then, I came across the Inn of the Boar of Happiness. With interest I noted a parchment sheet posted on the Inn door as I entered. It informed the interested that one Venstar Trailblazer, Ranger, desired heroes to aid him in a quest. I stored this information away for further use, and made my way to the innkeeper.
"Pardon me, good sir," I said, "but I note that, although your common boasts a stage, you seem to have a dearth of performers thereon." I took out my lute and strummed it suggestively.
"You wish to perform, eh?" The innkeeper nodded. "Aye, go on then, and if you do well I'll give you a free meal and bed."
"May the gods favour you and your house," I replied courteously. I leaped onto the riased platform which served as the stage. Several rustic men turned towards me, clapping their hands. I smiled, bowed, and tuned my instrument.
While going through my repertoire of peasant-level songs, I scanned the room for a Ranger. As singing comes as easy as breathing to my race, it was no trouble to perform and study the patrons at once.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to sit back and relax awhile for more heros to show up. An elf jump on stage and started playing songs native to his land. He got my attention because he seemed muscular and warior like. This was the type of hero I was looking for. The only problem was that he was but a mere entertainer. It was a shame to see such waste of talent. Another thing seemed strange about this creature was that he seemed to be looking for someone, but this was noy of my concerne. Many heros pulled me to the side of the room to tell me how much it would mean to them for me to exept them on my quest, no matter what the task was. It was not very appealing to me when people sucked up to me , mainly because I was new to the fight seen. Inpacience grew on me quickly and I decided to go to my room and take a short nap. I bid my new friends a goodday and left for my room for two hours.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

It was getting cold, and I certainly wasn't happy about being out. My cloak was wearing thin, and getting ratty; I needed a new one, to be sure. But for that I needed the money I didn't have. Of course, that money shouldn't be terribly hard to come by. All I had to do was beat up on a few monsters.

Night was falling, and I needed a place to stay. Preferably, a cheap place. I heard a flapping noise, and turned, seeing a sign. I smiled; my money problems were going to be solved.

I headed inside the inn - called the Inn of the Boar of Happiness. I couldn't help put snort at that. I wondered, idly, if the owner had been drunk when thinking up a name.

Heading in, I sighed; finally, a little warmth in my bones! I ran a hand through thick red hair, and pulled off my cloak. I wondered who Venstar Trailblazer was. But, what better way to find out, than to ask?

Never the one for 'public service announcments,' I made my way towards the bartender to ask my question.

"Tha Ranger? He was around. Likely went to his room. You another on o' them heroes?" I nodded, and turned away, not in the mood to defen myself. Too short to be of help, they always said. I shrugged to myself, and sat down to listen to the musician. He wasn't half bad; but, then, he was an elf like myself. It made sense.

I decided I'd wait around for Trailblazer to show up; I didn't think I'd have enough money to buy a room for even the one night.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

I nearly did not believe my ears when the ranger excused himself right in the middle of my very impressive introduction and went up to his room. Who does he think he is - the Sovereign!? Does he not recognise supremely efficient skill when he sees it!? That sleight-of-hand trick I did with my dagger should have impressed anyone - it's impressed almost all the peasants I've shown it to - at least enough to persuade them to part with their gold.

I'll show this young high-nose that without me, this group of his is going to fail miserably, if my name isn't Kriven LootGrabber.

Still, I did manage to gather some hints of his intended quest - something about going down to the sewers and killing someone important. By hook or by crook, I was not going to let this young upstart take all the glory. By crook, anyway.

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

My last notes lingered in the air as I bowd, accepting the applause and gold of my little audience. I stepped down, and, going over to the innkeeper, ordered my dinner. He filled it willingly enough, for my music had drawn far more people than I suspect he had ever seen before in a single night.
Of course, I was not the only attraction at the Boar. In light of which, I summoned the innkeeper to my table after I had finished my wine.
"Do you have any rooms open that are adjacent to a friend of mine?" I asked.
"Who?"
"A Ranger, Venstar Trailblazer."
"Oh, aye, both joining rooms are empty. Take your pick."
I thanked him and left the common room. I had seen a Ranger surrounded by eager, greedy-looking heroes. I assumed it was Venstar. Finding his room, I knocked lightly. Receiving no response, I took an arrow from my quiver and rapped the mithril head against the wood. This time I heard a shuffling, and the Ranger I had noted below answered the door.
"Yes?" he asked.
"Pardon pray for disturbing you," I apologized, bowing, "but I could not help noticing you below, and also your intriguing sign."
"Oh, so you want to join too?"
"If you will have me. Allow me to introduce myself: Dalaer Finequill, of the Valmorgen coast. I can offer no special talent, save my music, which even my kindred found charming. I am a novice, but am eager to prove myself. Well?"
The Ranger shrugged. "I have arranged for a tournament to beheld, in three days. Come there, and if you do well, you're in."
"I see." I bowed again. "Thank you, sir. I shall see you at the tournament."

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

My sleep was cut short by a knock at the door. It was the elf I had seen playing on stage before my nap. He seemed pleasent enough to me. He asked to join my band of woriors. So I told him about the tourtament. He liked the idea, and he left saying he would be there. I see a future for him in my group.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Arimah, I told myself as the fire started dying, you had better find some money. Soon. The innkeeper was watching me like a hawk; I swear, being penniless makes you little better than a thief. No, it makes you worse than a thief. But, oh well - those were worries to think on another day. It's not in my nature to mull over things for long. I was told that would be my downfall, a long time ago. But he was an old man, near senile with age; who could trust the old?

I watched the inn empty slowly; many stayed to buy rooms. I sat, nodding off in the chair I sat in; the inkeeper was getting steadily angrier. I ordered wine to placate him; his glares were getting on my nerves. I'd have to leave soon, and still I hadn't found out what Venestar looked like. I couldn't keep buying drinks all night; not only would I get myself roaring drunk (which is not a part of muself I like to think about), but I'd deplete entirely the little money I had for food. I didn't intend to have to resort to thievery; that was below me, and I would not stoop so low. I was taught better than that.

Not well enough, apparently, or else I never would have left home. But I was younger than, and foolish - still, it's in the past. There's no point in thinking about it.

Sighing, I picked myself up off the chair, and headed towards the door, nodding to the inkeeper for good measure.

"Good riddance," I heard him mutter as the door closed behind me. Idiot. He should have learned to keep his mouth shut; talking too much is bad for business.

I turned the corner of the building, and sat down, pulling my cloak around me tightly. It was colder now than it had been; I hoped it wouldn't rain.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

I was standing on a hill near the village. Ravenswood, I believe. My entire goblin war party was behind me and it was dusk. I could see with my good eyes, a litted building, seems to be full of people.
"(gurgle) You," I said while I pointed at one meakly goblin. He was to be my scout. "Looka yer scrawny body. The big goblins laugh at ya. You will be my scout and do my dangerous tasks 'cos noone cares about ya." The weak goblin gurgled. "I want ya to go to big building there, see? I want ya to come back and tell me what ya see. Do you understand? Is yer head too empty? Don't looka me like that. GO!" I smacked the goblin a good ten times before he ran off into the distance.
The entire war party consisted of archers, fighters, priests and vargs. I could've recruited a Windigo but the clan leader favored the other overlord over me. Fark (goblin swear word) them! You know how effective my war party would've been with a WINDIGO by my side?
We waited there a couple minutes before the goblin started running about the hill. "Well, wot did ya see?"
"I saw wood building. The roofs are hay." The goblin seemed to be proud of the worthless information he gave me.
I rubbed my face in frustratin. "Oyyyy...." For a second it looked like I wasn't going to hurt anybody. But in a split second the goblin was fallen from the blow of my axe handle. "Farking lil' thing ya!" The goblin gurgled on the ground. "Stop ya gurgling n' tell me somethin' USEFUL!" I kicked the goblin up. "Out with it will ya?"
The goblin rubbed his back where I hit him. "Wot do Venn-starr Tra-ill-blah-zer mean?"
"WOT??"
"I saw big letters on sign at building. I learna to reeed inda goblin watchtowers where I useta werk."
I was getting extremly frustrated. All the goblins I ever knew were complete idiots. I don't see how they can even exist in Ardania. All they can do is fight and their death wouldn't mean a thing to nobody. That's all they're good for. Overlords were bred a lonnnnggg time ago and I know for fact that we represent goblins best. My clan leader, the leader of the Frozen Paw Clan, took direct orders from the goblin king himself. Our intentions of razing every piece of Ardania we see is clear...the goblin race must go on! Anyway, as the idiot goblin proudly stated that he could read, I kicked him over the bush behind him.
"I don' want ya life story, ya fark! Now wot in Grum-Grog are ya talkin' 'bout, hm? Ya idiot."
The goblin picked himself up from the ground. "I said I saw a Venn-starr Tra-ill-blah-zer. The oda werds told me dat he was lookin' for heroes and they inside building."
I rubbed my chin. Good information for once! "So many heroes in one building, eh? That's perfect chance to kill em all and remove their threat on the goblin race." The hundred or so odd goblins behind me cheered. Actually, they gurgled with delight. "Hey idiot, did ya say the building was wood and hay?"
"Yes, Mr. Simesoth."
"Goblins, pick up yer weapons. You, ova' dere! Get me a torch.....a TORCH ya farking numbskull. We're gonna burn the building down."

[ 28. April 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Vizzerdrix ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Blasted rain! Who would have thought that it would suddenly pour on such a clear night like this!?

I angrily sloshed my way towards the tavern stables, the rain drenching my travelling cloak. Hah! When I am rich and famous, I'll have trains of servants carry me in my own covered litter in rain like this! O how other people will talk at the glorious wealth of Kriven LootGrabber of the Rogues Guild of Valmorgen!

But meanwhile, I had much to prepare. I was listening in on the conversation between that elf and that upstart ranger. I had been picking the lock of the ranger's room, hoping to steal something to show him who truly was the superior one, just as the elf had come upstairs, forcing me to hide in the empty room next door.

So he wanted to hold a tournament, eh? Hah! That will be the perfect opportunity to display the magnificant skills of Kriven LootGrabber (of the Rogues Guild of Valmorgen!). The three days to the tournament will give me enough time to pick up some supplies - I'm going to need it down in the sewers. A days ride to East Cheswick and back and I'll be ready to take on anything. As long as it wasn't too big.

As for a horse..

I entered the stables and selected a sturdy-looking mare. Picking the lock to its stall was child's play and soon, I was riding out of town.

I hadn't gone far when I noticed something strange. It was hard to see in the dark and rain, but what was that large group coming over the hill?

[ 29. April 2003, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

I was suddenly awakened by the sound of clashing swords. A fierce battle seemed to be going on outside! Grabbing my bow, arrows, and dagger, I ran down the stairs. Dalaer had just come out of his room following me. "What is going on!" he damanded to know. "That is what we're about to find out, ain't it." I said shuving the front door open. Goblins, everywhere. I pulled my bow out imedatly, firing arrows at any goblin I could see. Our heros were uterly failing. A few dozen heros laid slain on the ground. The elf man ran to my side with his bow drawn. The inn was now completely surounded. It was then when the first wave of arrows came falling apon us. At least two men were killed right then. Dalaer started firing his arrows. More goblin fell. "Push them back!" I yelled. I looked at our front line, I saw a paladin start to push the goblins back. Another wave of arrows came. I started firing arrows again...

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

I yelled again, "Push the goblins back. They are getting to close." It started to rain harder now, harder than I have ever see it rain. This was helping and hurting us. You see, the rain was getting so heavy that when it hit the enemy arrows, it pushed them to the ground. In return, it did the same to our's. Dalaer and I both pulled out our back-up weapons, daggers. I was not used to fighting with daggers, so I looked very clumsey trying to wield one. When I looked up I noticed something, the heros were banding together, the way a real army should.

Our atempts were hardly working and we all were starting to feel tired. The fight raged on and I had seemed to have lost Dalaer. Then I spotted him, it was as if he had been doing this his whole life. If we survived this battle he would definatly be joining my team. Then I noticed it, his daggers must be poisened! The rain was lightening off a little, so I pulled my bow back out. Goblin champians were starting to show up. If we were having trouble with normal goblins, wait untill the whole lot of champians started to show up. It was begging to feel like the fight would last untill morning or even further...

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: The tale of Venstar Trailblazer. Reply with quote Back to top

Rain. Great. Just my lovely luck. I huddled against the building, pushing as far under the little bit of extra roof as I could. Somebody was going to hurt for this...

Of course, I didn't know who. If only there was someone to blame these things on! It started raining harder; great. I had to squint through the drops, and thunder was still ringing in my ears.

A flash of lightning illuminated a hill, some ways ahead of me. What, in Krypta's name was that?

Things moved almost too quickly from there. People stormed out of the inn, and the things on the hill descended. I was shocked into paralysis, it seemed; unable to move. It wasn't until the first wave of arrows were shot that I even recognized what was going on.

A fight! I stood, quickly shedding my cloak, and tying my hair in a quick knot at the base of my neck. The goblins were certainly coming too close for comfort. One turned to me, a shortsword in hand. I was wary; it wasn't often that I fought opponents with swords.

Cracking my knuckles, I circled the goblin. There was a flaw in his defense; his side was completely open. I lashed out with my hand, sticking above the hip. He wheezed, and stumbled backwards, swining his sord wildly. I doged the swings, not completely unscathed. My sleeve tore as the blade nicked my arm; damn. And I liked that shirt.

"You little idiot," I muttered. My hand snaked out into a feint which the goblin attempted to block; I brought up my foot, hitting him squarely on the side of his head. He dropped, and I didn't linger to see if he lived.

I could see a warrior be felled by an arrow out of the corner of my eye; from the other one, I say the elf who had been playing in the inn. I made my way to his side, fouling up a goblin who'd attempted to strike him from behind.

"You can thank me later," I yelled over the rain and noise of a battlefield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: