Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Old player coming back...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellisos020

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 7:07 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody. I've been with Majesty since the beggining, back before it was released. So I bought just after it came out, enjoyed it enourmesly and then sadly got kind of busy. I began to play it less and less until it got unistalled and the CD went into a big box. But just yesterday on a whim I got it out and fired it up. It was magic all over again. I'm hoping to get the expansion soon and get back into the game so if anyone jsut wants to say hi or has some comments about the expansion pack or anything feel free to reply or e-mail me. Oh and if any of you other guys who have been here awhile (Blastoiseu) don't recognize my name it's because I couldn't remember what e-mail I used when I registered or my ID and Password.

Dalai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:51 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Be careful not to say "w00t!"... they'll delete your topic and force you away!

Pode v2.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 6:18 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

I figured this was an appropriate place to make a re-entry into the forums. I'm not quite the old timer Blastoiseu is, although the original Pode v 1.0 was of the same era (I just had the same troubles with the email a bit earlier) Majesty has never disappeared off the harddrive, I just used it less until I got the expansion. The thrill is back! I have to give large props to the Cyberlore team. I especially like the way you handled the multiplayer balance issues ("If yo' don't like it, fix it yo' d@m sef!") Kudos to Kit for his ascension (I remember his first post. Sigh. ) I just want to tweak Jay before I go: How long do we have to wait for those descriptions anyway? Over a year and there's STILL no story for the rogues! Apple and I might just have to un-upgrade your car if there's not some action taken on this soon

Dragonstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 2:32 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Pode. Welcome back.
Good to see another forumer old timer back.

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 11:49 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, why don't all of us old timers pull up a rocker and we can all talk about the good old days, like before Majesty was released.
I remember when we didn't even know that the healers were going to be females. heh heh heh heh Yep, those were crazy and amazing times.

Tajma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 12:04 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

How did you know about Majesty before it was released? That's interesting to know.

------------------
Tajma

This issue no longer equals total logic.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:39 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Promos and ads, probably. I saw a Majesty ad in Duelist or Top Deck back in February/March 2000 before the game was released... plus they had the demo up before then.

------------------
Thwip!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:53 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

ah yes, i remember the good ole days when the demo was the only majesty outlet...there were no temples, couldnt upgrade buildings past a certain point, and fought tooth and nail to stay alive, hoping that 'warrior chick' would come and save the day.

and then there was the forum...i sat on the sidelines while the +12 vorpal thumbtack with flaming death enchantments and the plasma sword of helia were created. the first thread i ever read was started by a guy named kudos. i remember when pode v1.0 reached 199 posts, and then changed over to pode v2.1. those were the days.

sigh, i miss being a newbie.

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 04 April 2001).]

Dragonstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 9:28 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Now Kit has joined the high and might Royal Advisors.

Not bad going for an ex-newbie huh?

On the demo, I remember that you can recruit ratmen and such, that is they have blue health bars and your guards will not attack them. Even when they started tearing your palace down!

I also remember some forumers upgrading Jay's car when he took a trip to UK, and the big light saber fight during that time.

*sign*

neo345

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

man, you old-timers have lots of strange conversations...
i've had majesty since about july 2000, but i've discovered the forum only two weeks ago
neo345

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"
"Outside of a dog, book is man's best friend. Inside, it's too dark to read"
"Every ship can be a minesweeper. Once..."

Camper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 3:07 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

I also go back to the "Demo only" days, but obviously, I never got into posting as much as some of you folks. I've been away for awhile, but it's nice to see that this forum has remained just as odd as ever. I just got the expansion a couple of weeks ago, and it's been costing me sleep. At least I'm not playing the demo at work 70 times a day any more. That almost cost me my job.

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 2:16 am    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think higher praise can be given to a game than: "DAMN YOU PEOPLE! BECAUSE OF YOUR GAME IT COSTED ME MY JOB, MY WIFE, AND ANY HOPE OF MY KIDS BEING WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF ME WHEN I GROW OLD!"
What Camper said almost fits into that category. Kudos Cyberlore.

Captain_N

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 10:11 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I go back to the demo days too! I was so thrilled when my paladin got up to level 19 or so after killing rats and trolls while I left the computer for a long time. I was pretty scared when the demo wouldn't install, but we copied it to another computer and it was ok...ahh, the good ol' days, wishing I could finally get to use adepts.

I'm just coming back to the forums too....I remember when the +12 vorpal thumbtack with flaming death enchantments was created. This is the wierdest forum I've ever been on. I mean, the other forums have some posts where people go to be wierd (like the "ignore..." post on Camelotvault, which is something like 3174 posts of off-topic goodness...and there are those posts on AoK Heaven that have 1000+ nonsense posts), but here people just post their strange ramblings ANYWHERE.

Remember back when Jay was on vacation, and there was a contest to win stuff from his desk? That was great.

Oh yeah, if you want a Rogue Story, read the monk one. It's also a rogue one (or like they say on camelot vault, "Rogue - that's Rouge for the grammatically impaired")

------------------
-----
The only thing funnier than a gnome getting choked, is a gnome choking a troll.

"But I'm just a gnoooooommmmmeeeee!!!"

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 10:36 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

Captin N!!
There was another contest to win stuff off of Jays desk! ya just missed it hehe
Welcome back. Glad to see another old timer return. Your beard is so much whiter! Where've ya been????

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 10:39 pm    Post subject: Old player coming back... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_N:
..... This is the wierdest forum I've ever been on. I mean, the other forums have some posts where people go to be wierd (like the "ignore..." post on Camelotvault, which is something like 3174 posts of off-topic goodness...and there are those posts on AoK Heaven that have 1000+ nonsense posts), but here people just post their strange ramblings ANYWHERE.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_N:
..... Remember back when Jay was on vacation, and there was a contest to win stuff from his desk? That was great.

Ummm. Captain_N? Look here:
http://66.33.60.230/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000084.html

Goldy

P.S. Nice meetin ya.

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: