Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

For Jay: Online game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 1:14 am    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Jay,

I've got a question - if I come up with a fansite which is a free online text game based on the Majesty theme (ie. using Majesty characters and graphics), will I get into trouble with copyright issues?

Just asking..

Foldalake

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 6:22 am    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Wohoo! So you finally think of doing it(?)! I remember talking about it before. It's gonna rule! Please Jay, let TaleSpinner do it!

------------------
"He stands not alone ... you would be dead before your stroke fell"
-Legolas

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 9:27 am    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Can you e-mail me a link to the game?

I'd love to let you do it. I just need to find out how to do that legally without potentially screwing up our trademarks.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing really complicated. Players get to start a hero character based on one of the Majesty classes and then try to improve themselves via buying stuff from the marketplace, blacksmith, fighting at the fairgrounds and going on quests/adventures to gain gold. The great thing is that Cyberlore has already all these cool graphics and concepts, all I have to do is just program it.

I was hoping also to add in other stuff like heroes banding together to form their own adventuring groups which will take on quests together, but I haven't hammered the details of that just yet.

Lemme get some screens up and see what Jay says. Currently, the whole thing is just made out of wild immaginations that unfortunately invade one's work hours

Kyle of the Bloody Blade

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 8:21 pm    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds cool! please tell us when (and if) you get the game up.

Tajma

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 11:12 pm    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

TaleSpinner, what kind of games are you thinking of?

This sounds interesting!

------------------
Tajma

She's not the target, she's the arrow - Sir William

Foldalake

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:08 pm    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, TaleSpinner! If there's anything I can do to help you with this game, tell me! I'd be glad to help you make it!

------------------
"He stands not alone ... you would be dead before your stroke fell"
-Legolas

Zhaoyun

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 3:39 am    Post subject: For Jay: Online game Reply with quote Back to top

Cool idea! My best to you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: