Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

"A star shall fall from the sky, a great evil shall awaken, and out of ancient ruins the beholder of the stars shall rise."
-Juliac, Prophet of fire. 20 B.A.

The stars; a dazzling display reavealing portraits in the sky. It is also known as the souls or spirits of dragons long gone.
As the prophet of fire, Rodan observes the stars for advise. His findings are recorded for future prophets. His day includes the journey to the Castle Library researching the ancient and musty scrolls, books, and parchments, that or entering the temple of Dauros. His duties at the temple beckons him to enter the small yet beautiful Room of Law. There he does his chants and prayers, plus recieve the advise or orders from his almighty god.
During the calm, cool evenings of Tharlis, he spends his time talking to a wizard from Evlora. Yes, this is the tedious job of a prophet, but for Rodan, he wouldn't trade it for anything.

------------------
Hail from the Dragon!

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Dusk. In the ruins of Karmethelen, a brown haired, ranger sits on a fallen pillar of the remains of a Town Hall, watching the fire dance to the music of the night and the songs of the wintery wind. He is name was Darmik of the Drakes; a tall, muscular, and mysterious young man who fought in the goblin wars, and came to the Soveriegn's aid in the War of Aranth. His loyalty made him famous and well-respected by all. But here he sat sad and depressed in the ruins of a city long forgotten.
"If only the mayor listened, then the city would still be here." He muttered.
"Maybe, Darmik, then again you never know." replied the thundering voice of a towering green dragon.
"I know Pyrathas." He sighed, "but you weren't there. I was only ten when it happened, yet I still remember it as if it was only yesterday.
The Sage stood on top of a farmer's wagon in the middle of the market place, he warned us all to flee this city for the goblin army was on the move. The villagers became restless and on the verge of panic.
So the mayor sent for the old prophet. That sage told the mayor what Agrela showed her in vision, however the mayor ignored the warnings and dismissed it as the ramblings of an old woman. And ten days later, those ramblings came true. Over those mountains swarms of goblins came down, riding on the backs of those wolf-like Vargs towards the city. Black arrows rained down on the city from the deadly bows of goblin archers. Only three people escaped; my dad the Sage, and me. My Dad was the Captain of the Guard there so he sinced the responsibility of duty to help fight. So he left me and the Sage to aid in defending the city. The Sage knew it was hopeless so she set me in a hollow log and ordered me to stay there. She followed my father to the burning city. Ten minutes later there was a great flash of light, followed by the agonizing screams of those unearthly creatures. That following morning I braved out of the rotting log and headed for the city, it was a digusting site. I saw the bodies of friends and people I knew, and the ugly carcasses of the goblins. I found the cloak of the Sage, tattered and torn, hoping that she was alive I cried out for him. but al I heard was the howling of the morning wind. I trudged onward, and at last I found my father; in heaps around him were the smelly carcasses of dead goblins. I ran towards him, there he lied their motionless whith several black arrows embedded in him. I shook him, called his name, but he made know reply. I cried and wept the whole morning long. By noon the stench was so great I had to leave the city, but I didn't leave empty handed; my father had a ring that was given to him by my grandfather. He called it the Dragon's Skill, or Drake for short. I took that ring to remember him forever. And so I walked out of this city. I did not know where to go, I only had the tales my father told me as a map of the realm. If it wasn't for you Pyrathas I would have died."
"Yes, I know how you feel lad, but I'm just saying that the wheel of Fate is a mystery." Pyrathas replied. "Even the greatest of creatures can never control or predict it. The Wheel is controlled only by the Holy Ones, and only they can tell its path."
"Yeah well, still even though you took care of me all these years I still wish it didn't happen."
Pyrathas sighed, steam came out of his nostrils as he laid down to rest for the night. "Well goodnight, Darmik."
"Yeah, Goodnight." he sighed.
Darmik closed his bright yellow eyes and began to sleep.
Darmik turned his attention from the fire to the ruins. "If only my father was alive." he thought. "Then I could forget."
He got up off the moss covered pillar and went to sleep.
The next morning Darmik awakened to the smell of fresh dew on the ground. Pyrathas was already awake and had eaten his meal. "Good morning Darmik!" he said with his nose still in a book.
"Mornin'!" Came the response of the young ranger.
He opened his pack and got out a salted piece of venison and his map.
He studied his map as chewed the venison, searching for the nearest town.
"Abondar." Came the voice of the green dragon
"What?"
"Abodar is the closest city from here. We could make it in three hours by flight."
"Oh."
He packed his map away and chewed the last of his food.
"Well I trust you are ready to go Pyrathas?"
"Yes, All I have to do is pack my book up."
"O.K., let's go."

------------------
Hail from the Dragon!

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Back in at the city of Tharlis, the prophet Rodan was up and about doing his duties. As he walked towards the Temple the Monk, Konax approached him.
"Oh-no." He thought, not him again.
"Rodan, you already have done your service here what more do you want?" he questioned him in a rather annoyed voice.
"Dauros called me forth, I must respond to his call." He hissed.
"I don't see why he need you when we tend to his callings all day and night."
"Remember Konax, if you even question the Prophet of Ardania, it can be deadly. Now move aside!" He snapped, using his oak rod to push the monk away, and disappeared in the temple courtyard.
"Just wait, Rodan." The old priest hissed silently, "one day I will find a way to kick you out of this temple for good."
It was the same as always, the priests and prophets never got along, the prophets were the holy messengers of the gods, they were allowed to enter the Room of Law, or any holy room without oath or membership of the temple. The Monk and other religous followers grew jealous of this gift for they had to be sure thier work pleased them and that they were untouched by evil. However they were the mouth, eyes, and ears of their god. They worked day and night to serve the Great Ones.
But still they had to be summoned by him, and it wasn't frequently. They were called once a year to the room. That is why no one has seen a prophet and priest call each other friend.
Rodan entered the golden temple, a glorious site to all, it was surrounded in gold. The floors, walls and yes the cieling were all golden. It had many rooms all around like a house it had beds and kitchens, but the Room of Law was even more spetacular.
As Rodan pushed the purple curtain from his path and enter the Room of Law, The golden Chamber flashed with a great light, then dimmed down to a faint glimmer, and slowly an aroura appeared filling the room with a sweet fagrance. the prophet knelt down on his knees and laid his rod in front of him.
"The humble spark has come back to the beckoning of the light.
"What is your bidding, my God?" He prayed.
A thundering voice came from the room: "The prophesies of Vinolam and Juliac have come to pass. The Great Evil has returned to the Realm."
"I have heard it from the Stars, Master."
"King Panorive has awakened and reclaimed the crown of the nine deaths." The voice came again. " I advise you to watch the Dragon of night carefully, Rodan. It may lead you to the Beholder."
"Yes, my Lord, I shall keep watch."
"Do not tell any one of this until the star falls."
"I understand."
"You may go, faithful prophet."
Rodan bowed his body until his face touched the ground, then he grabbed his staff and bowed once more, then backed out, bowing once more before he left.
" I must learn more of this Panotive before dusk!" The alarmed prophet thought. "I must find more information."

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

The Afternoon breeze blew across Darmik's face, the ranger looked down to see if any new changes where done to the land since there last visit.
"Trouble!" Roared Pyrathas.
Darmik looked towards the mountains and replied "Goblin Archers!"
"Yes and Fire Trolls." He exclaimed. "Hold on."
Darmik Quickly strapped himself to the saddle and drew his bow and four arrows. "Die you Vermin!" He hissed. And shot the four arrows at the first line of goblins. The Remaining Goblins fired thier arrows, but missed the large, yet very fast and agile drake.
Pyrathas roared as he blew his unquechable fire towards the frightened warriors.
"Pyrathas!" Darmik yelled over the noise, use your Ice lung so that you don't burn the woods or me. I'm Going down."
He unstrapped himself from the saddle and jumped on a fleeing goblin and threw him off the steep mountain. goblin archers shot more arrows, this time they turned thier attention on the mighty dragon.
Darmik hacked his way through the swarms of goblins, towards the Deadly archers, who where hidden from his friends eye. More goblins came from the woods towards the angered ranger. Pyrathas, seeing his friend was in danger stopped evading the arrows and flapped his wings. Great gushes of wind came from his wings, Pyrathas lightly blew ice from his mouth the wind carried it towards the goblins. The ranger ducked and started shooting his arrows at the goblins that where still in the trees. One by one the goblin archers fell from the trees. The dragon roared as the ice darts of his breath met thier target. Waves of goblins fell from the power of the wind itself, others where assualted from the ice arrows. When it was over, Darmik got up, he was cut and bruised, but fine. Pyrathas dropped down and observed the carnage that they created. " You O.K.?" the dragon spoke.
"Yeah, you?" the battle damaged ranger gasped.
"Thanks to you." he grinned.
"Any time" Darmik said as he walked to the cliff.
"Oh No!" the Dragon excaimed with shock. "These are not just any goblin, they're Dark Orcs!"
"It gets worse," The Ranger responded. "The city has been destroyed."
"This is bad," a grim Pyrathas muttered. "Really bad."
"Come on Pyrathas, we got to go and see if there are any survivors. If there are any more goblins we best take the land route."
"The legends are real. He has come..."
"Pyrathas!" barked the ranger.
Pyrathas jerked his head towards the stern ranger.
"Hurry" he said as he ran down the hill.
Pyrathas dove underwater and swiflty followed the ranger to the burning remains of the city of Abodar.
" Please let their be survivors." Darmik prayed, "Gods, please let there be somebody living."
He ran as fast as he could, branches and leaves tore at his face and clothes. He felt his heart beat as if it were going to break out of the ribs which held it back. His focus was on the road to the fallen city, but his ears kept a look out for more goblins.
"There's got to be survivors, there has to be refugees."

Pyrathas swiftly stroked through the water. Fish swam away from him, fearing he came to eat them. "Dark Orcs never came this far from their lands," the bewildered Lizard wondered. "What was their goal? Why here?"
He saw the remains of the dock that once traded goods from other lands and surfaced. "None, no one could survive this carnage," he muttered.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Pyrathas swiftly stroked through the water. Fish swam away from him, fearing he came to eat them. "Dark Orcs never came this far from their lands," the bewildered Lizard wondered. "What was their goal? Why here?"
He saw the remains of the dock that once traded goods from other lands and surfaced. "None, no one could survive this carnage," he muttered.

Darmik ran through the last few feet of the woods then slowed to a halt, from the view he saw everything, the carnage, the ruins, it all reminded him of his own past. "No," he cried. "No!" He ran down to the city, and searched through the remains for anyone who may yet be alive. He eventually made his way to the marketplace, Pyrathas was already there gathering the corpses of the victims, for burial. He looked over at the angry, yet sad ranger. "I'm sorry Darmik, no one survived."
"No!" Darmik screamed as he hit a pillar. "It can't be." he wept.. "It can't." Pyrathas walked out from the ruined city and begun the burial of the humans. Darmik joined in the burying progress, remebering the past, and the ruins of his own home.
It was almost dusk, Pyrathas and Darmik sat in middle of what was left of the former Mayor's Courtyard. Pyrathas suddenly spoke.
"I believe that the Orcs came from the Dark swamps. Their purpose here I do not know, but their features, weapons and insigna matches that of those creatures."
Darmik gazed at his ring and spoke as if he where in another world. "You know I never really understood this ring, let alone wore it. I wondered what was it's main purpose is."
"The Dragon' Skill Ring, is a very powerful ring, Darmik. You're family must have had a reputation in ancient times to have earned it."
"My grandfather told me that my great-grandfather was given this ring in honor of a victory he lead." He said still observing the ring.
"I know it was forged by dragon's fire, fashioned by dwarves, enchanted by elves, blessed by human priests, and made holy by the light of the Gods. The ring is believed to make it's bearer as powerful as a dragon, wise as a high-elf, crafty as a war-dwarf, more agile than any human, and seeker of righteousness."
The resourceful dragon replied. "I am suprised that you haven't worn it."
"Well maybe I should then." He said, slipping the ring onto his finger. "Nothing strange, yet."
"I suggest we warn King Joria of this invasion."
" Yes I suggest we'd better, how long would it take for those goblins to reach Tharlis?"
"Around three weeks, non-stop."
"And if we flew?"
"We could reach the city by noon tomorrow if we leave now."
"Do you think you have the strength to fly that long?"
"I wouldn't have said that if I couldn't."
" Very well get your gear ready, I'll be outside the city walls."
Darmik left the Courtyard and walked through the barren streets, looking at the star-filled sky. His attention then grew to a group of stars that seemed to be brighter than the rest. It was the Constellation Draco, a group of stars that formed a dragon.
Pyrathas walked behind the ranger, "When you're ready to go Darmik."
He held up his hand, ordering Pyrathas to wait, Just then a star fell from Draco's mouth.
"O.K. Darmik let's go, now!" exclaimed a frightened Pyrathas.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Darmik leaped upon Pyrathas' neck,. "Let's Go!" The dragon took off in a hurry, Leaving a crater and a cloud of dust from the force of the air, pushed down by his mighty wing.
"You saw the star?" Pyrathas asked the ranger.
"Yes, I have, why did it startle you?" Darmik pondered.
"That star may have been the one Juliac spoke of, the Dragon's Star. It represents the Great evil that has awakened. The Orcs, may be that one."
"Pyrathas, you and I know that goblins, are the Weakest of all."
"Yes, I know... but the Dark Orcs were an ancient evil that nearly destroyed your kind."
"Hmm..." The ranger looks down at the land, the goblins were right below them, their torches revealed this as a fact. If they took notice of the dragons above them, they never attacked. "The Orcs seemed to be focused on thier next target. They're not attacking."
The dragon nodded, and flew onward to Tharlis. They made it at dawn.
"You stay here Pyrathas, i'll speak with the lord of this realm." Pyrathas nodded, and pulled out his book. "I'll just review my spells." The ranger grabbed his bow, and headed for Palace Bralin, the home of Lord Gloka.

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Tharlis was the Queen of the Seas. Be that as it may, the dockside inhabitants had never before seen a boat like the one which now swayed by Vatheran's Quay. It was a small ship, really, with one mast and one bank of ten oars. It was a very colourful ship, though: the ship was crafted of white timber, with the railing on the sides, prow and stern decorated in interlacing lines of gold and blue; the sail was barred by the them; and over the rear deck and the masthead snapped pennons bearing the emblem of a golden cross on a blue field.
The crew were uniformed in white shirts under blue vests with the golden cross over their hearts; they also wore white trousers. Some of these men were lowering a plank onto the Quay. Down this descended two dark-haired men. One, tall and broad of shoulder, was garbed in the same manner as the sailors except that his clothes were of a finer fabric and he wore a blue cloak trimmed in gold; the man was obviously the captain. The other was shorter and less dense; he wore simple blue robes bound with a white belt. From this belt hung a sword, a flask, and a pouch. Thrown around his shoulders was a white cloak.
On the dock they met a man, who was wringing his hands with seeming anxiety, but who kept a shrewd eye on the two men's money pouch. This was Xetrique Vatheran, one of the richest merchants (and therefore richest men) in Tharlis, and one not known for his honest policies.
"Ah, welcome to our fair city, gentlemen," said, bowing. "I trust you will enjoy your stay?"
"I am sure we will," the shorter man replied eagerly. "Do you not think, Lord Captain, that this is magnificent?"
"Mmmmm." The Lord Captain gazed about with a jaundiced eye, which came to rest on the merchant. "And you are?"
"My name is Vatheran, good sir: Xetrique Vatheran, a respectable tradesman and owner of this Quay. And, speaking of which, perhaps I could receive my payment?"
"Indeed." The Lord Captain, who also bore a sword and pouch, counted out twenty heavy silver coins. "Ten pounds, I believe your man said, for one day."
"I am to take it then," said Vatheran, depositing the silver into a small chest which he clasped to his belt, "that you will stay with us for today only?"
"No, not at all!" the other reassured him. "We shall be staying quite some time. It is only that Asald says that we should not pay in advance." The speaker's eyes widened. "Oh dear! I had forgotten to name ourselves! I am Athanasius, called the Guileless-"
"Indeed," murmured Vatheran.
"-And this is Asald Griholdene, Lord Captain of the Foamreaver."
"Again, I say welcome. Where did you plan on staying?"
"I am afraid we are not very knowledgeable of this city." Athanasius smiled. "However, perhaps you could-"
"Suggest a place?" finished Vatheran, smiling back. "Why, it so happens that I own one of the finest inns in Tharlis: the Golden Vine. Mayhap you would care to stay there?"
"But of course!" exclaimed Athanasius.
"Hm. How much does this inn cost?" asked Asald.
"Why, a mere eight pounds silver apiece! A bargain price, I assure you."
"I shal be staying on my ship." Asald again counted out his coins, and they were off to one of the most opulent - and expensive - inns in Tharlis.

Tell me, friend Athanasius, what is it you do?" inquired the merchant. The three were seated at a table in the Golden Vine, having wine. Well, Athanasius was having wine; Asald's was untouched and Vatheran barely sipped at his goblet.
"I am an Exorcist." Athanasius drained his second glass and gestured the merchant to pour him more.
"Really? And what, pray, does an Exorcist do?"
"We fight evil. Specifically the undead, and necromancers. The land where I come from is plagued by these minions of darkness. Of course, there are other wicked things, hence the sword."
"Ah. I see. And you, Asald," he turned convivially to the Lord Captain, "what is it you do?"
"I run ships."
"Naturally, but why the 'Lord'?"
"Where we come from," answered Athanasius for his friend, "many people worship the water-god. Ships, sailors and their captains are held in high esteem there."
"How fascinating." Vatheran glanced at a tall gilded clock in the corner, of Dwarven make, and rose gracefully. "Excuse me, my guests, but I have an important call to make."
"Oh dear," said Athanasius, his expression falling. "Perhaps we could go with you?"
"I'm afraid not." The Exorcism face fell lower, but the merchant, a speculative look in his eyes, did not depart. "Then again, perhaps..." he muttered to himself, then said decisively "Then again, I'm sure the Council would love to meet two such distinguished foreignors."
"Council?" said Asald.
"Did I neglect to mention...? I am on the Council of the Nation of Tharlis. A meeting was held for today, to advise our Sovereign Lord Gloka, that pillaging goblins have been reported on our borders. You would be welcome to come, and bring your experience of... fighting evil... to bear upon our problem."
"I would be delighted!"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Alina Nightsong pushed her horse harder, urging it to run faster. She was leaning forward, nearly toppling off the stallion. But Alina was an excelant rider. Holding on only with her knees, she turned around, picking up a miniature but deadly crossbow. It looked ridiculus; small enough to fit in a pocket, it looked like a child's toy. But it's arrows were deadly, more so enhanced by the poison upon them. She shot again and again into the wave of goblins. She turned forward when she felt her horse start to panic. About to kick the beast, she herself nearly lost control. Ahead of them was a deep chasm. At first her mind went numb, but, looking back at the goblins, Alina set her face in they way she always set it before doing something she was pushed to do. Giving her horse a nudge, she urged it faster.
"It'll be fine," she said soothingly to it. Lulled by her words, the stallion increased his speed tenfold, and leaped across the gorge. Using the little Art she knes, Alina suspened the horse in the air as it completed the jump. Landing on the other side, she urged her horse forward, not even looking back. For she knew within moments goblin shamans would do for them what she did for herself. Using Art to increase their speed further, she was out of sight by the time the first goblins crossed.
"Gods, that was close," she said on impulse. Then, frowning, she shook her head. Her black hair and eyes (As well as the black armour she wore), and her skill with sword and horse had earned her long ago the title of Kridram, or "Black Knight" in the Old Tongue. Night had fallen by the time she had reached the outskirts of a city. Looking down upon it from a hill, she saw the sea ahead of her. She sighed softly. She had grown up by the sea, and had longed for it's salty scent over the years. That was before she had been titled Kridram, a renegade. She used to be a paladin of Dauros. One of the best in fact. But, one day, she had felt her god turn from her. And so she turned from him. Now more a rogue than a paladin, she tended to stay away from cities. But the promise of a bath and a room with a bed held promise, as well as sleeping with the scent of the sea. With another small sigh, she looked up into the sky, looking for the constalation she had once seen, and guessed she would never see again. It had been the constalation of Dauros, the Scales. But it was gone to her eyes now, invisible to non-beleivers. But her eyes widened as she saw a new constalation. It was one of the promise of Evil. The promise of Death.
"It's back," she said quietly. "It's back." She sat there for a moment, mesmerized. Then, pushing her exahusted stallion into a gallop, she rode into the city. Glancing at a sign, she saw it read "The Queen of the Seas, Tharlis." Not giving it a second thought, Alina rode toward the nearest inn, a place called the Golden Vine.
Please don't be to expensive, she thought. I hope they take payment in gold,

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

Would I go back to the days of my youth?
Then my body had seemed frail, but it was strong in comparison to this fragile assembly of bones and flesh that I now inhabit, held together only by my will. Would I go back?
Then we were twins. Together in the womb, together after birth, still together but now seperate. The silken cords of brotherhood, cut, dangle between us, never to be restrung. Would I go back?
-Raistlin Majere

I Magus

"My Queen..."
What, not yet on you knees?
"My Queen...it is your move."
Rasitlin and The Queen of Darkness from Test of the Twins

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

The city was beautiful, unlike those of the other realms, Tharlis was beatifully colored from wall to wall with golden signs, bright paint, and wonderful sculptures. The Jewel of the World, The Wonder of Ardania, Tharlis was the Queen of the seas. And her people Showed it proudly. The Ranger soon found himself at the Palace gates. "Open the gates!
I must speak with Lord Gloka!" the Ranger called out. A gruff voice responded; "No one can enter here with out the approval of the royal Visier! Who do you think you are?"
The ranger showed the guard Drake, his ring. " I am Darmik, of the Drakes! I have come to warn the Lord of Tharlis of a great evil!" The guard quickly ordered the gates to be opened, with in minutes, the ear- piercing, sound of rusty gates came as it opened. The ranger made haste for the Keep.
The guards looked in wonder, as he left.
"Most honorable ranger, please stop. I will see if the lord will see you."a servant pleaded.
"You have little time, it's best you leave now." The ranger barked. He kicked open the great doors of the throne room. "Gloka!" He said "You must evacuate your city! There is an army on the move! Send your people away! The town of Abodar has been sent to ruin. I suggest you leave now!"
Gloka was stunned at the rangers entrance! "You dare tell me what to do?" He hissed.
"I am Darmik of the drakes! I have travelled with my dragon friend here to warn you! A great evil has come to reck havok! It is best you leave now!"He snapped "If you want to die now thats your problem, but don't take the people with you!"
Gloka shot a glance at his visier, then back to Darmik. "I will seek council from the Prophet Rodan, he can give..." "Sire! evacute your realm! the prophesies of Juliac are coming true!" the prophet came bursting in. "The star of Draco has fallen! And a great evil has returned. It is useless to fight, we must evacuate! Only the beholder can save us. Only the hero of the ruins can help us."
"Pyrathas and I will stall them as much as we can." But the army is too much even for a dragon and human." A stern Darmik calmy responded. Rodan shot a glance at the ranger. Noticing the ring, he jerked the ranger to an ancient carving on the wall. "Praise the gods! The Beholder has come!" he exclaimed. Darmik jerked his hand back "What do you mean?" he asked.
"The ring and the maarkings match, you must retrieve the star! And bring it to the City of Semjade, where it will be made to aid you! There is no time, you mst find it. Go to the Mountains of Veronia! You will find it there!"

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

"Your Lordship," said Vatheran, softly stepping into the chamber, "your Council has met, and decided that the best way to deal with these goblins is-" he blinked at the Ranger and the Prophet. "Pardon me, Lord, but are you occupied?"
"I am not sure," said Gloka, frowning. "This man, Darmik says I should evacuate the town; as does my Prophet. Tell me, Rodan, what's all this about a prophecy?"
"The Prophecy of Juliac states that, when the Star falls rom the mouth of the Dragon, then it is a sign of great Evil returning. There is but one man who can save us. And that-" he pointed at Darmik-"is he."
"Oh, prophecy," said Vatheran condescendingly. "I suppose that is very well for peasants, such as yourself and this wild woodsman here. But, really, Your Lordship, a prince should be above such common superstitions."
"Master Vatheran!" exclaimed Gloka. "This is not some common hedge-prophet, this is Rodan of Dauros, my most trusted - you mean to say you have never heard of the Prophecies of Juliac?"
Vatheran, though, had latched on to the words "most trusted". "The Prophecies of Juliac! But of course I have heard of them! I had no idea such, ah, momentous matters were involved! Please, forgive me." He bowed low to the Prophet. "And you." He bowed to Darmik. "They often say that the Gods choose strange vessels for their will."
"Excuse me," said a pleasant behind the merchant, "but I heard something about a prophecy." Athanasius walked into the chamber, followed by the Lord Captain. "What is it all about? I am from a far country."
"A great danger stands over us all," warned the Prophet. "This Ranger is our only hope for survival. He must go to the Mountains of Veronia."
"But-" said the Ranger.
"We would be happy to accompany you, if you will have us," broke in Athanasius, oblivious. "I am fairly good with this sword, and if we meet any evil spirits, I can exorcise them. And I am sure the Lord Captain will come too, will you not, Asald?"
"I was appointed as your guardian," was his reply.
"Arremph," coughed Vatheran discretely, seeing a way to win favour with his monarch, "but any such expedition requires funding. Perhaps I-"
"Could come with us?" asked Athanasius brightly. "Of course you can!"
"No, no," stammered the financier, eyes going wide, "that's not what I meant-"
"Now, now, no need to be nervous," said Athanasius.
"Wait a second," said Darmik loudly. They all turned to look at him. "I haven't said I was going yet."

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Rodan stared at the ranger, his eyes wide with shock. "I'm afraid you have no saying in the matter Darmik." He finally spoke. "If you are cocerned about the well being of this city, that you would storm in here, then you must go."
" Leave it to a ranger to back out of the quest." Vatheran remarked. "Always ordering those what to do, but never following orders. It's no wonder they travel alone."
Darmik walked up to the financeer. "I am a ranger, yes. But I am more than a ranger." He snarled, "I am Darmik of the drakes, I was born in the fallen city of Karmethelen.
I am the last of the city, Raised by a dragon I live! Respected by the people of Ridalon, and honored by the kings of the northern couintries!" He pauses then continues "I don't know what you are talking about. I'm no chosen, just the ranger. But still even if I did go, I go alone." Cries came from the city, the debating party looked out the window fearing the goblin party had arrived. "A Dragon!"Asald replied "Just what we need now, something to worsen the problem." The guards scrambled to attention, ready to attack the beast. "Don't fire!" Darmik yelled "That is my friend Pyrathas!" He ran to the exit and called for his friend. Within moments the dragon had landed. "The prohesies are true Darmik, You mare the Beholder of the stars, that is the reason why I followed you, Agrela ordered it.
You must go."

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

"But, but, surely he cannot go alone?" Athanasius asked hopefully.
"It is my nature to go alone," answered Darmik. "Besides, how would you keep up? I will be riding Pyrathas."
"I suppose that you do not keep a griffen stable in your town?" Athansius asked, turning to Gloka. Gloka shook his head, bewildered.
"Griffin?" he repeated. "I do not know what a 'griffin' is."
'Oh. Of course not." He turned back to Darmik. "Maybe your draconic friend could carry us as well as you?"
Vatheran, who had been growing paler with each word said, spoke abruptly, "Excuse me, Your Lordship, distinguished guests, honoured Prophet, and Ranger chosen of the Gods, but I must really be going now. A mercantile man's duties are never done, and I must return to my inn, to see that all is secure, before goign to my own house. I bid you all a very good night." He hurriedly walked towards the door.

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:22 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

"You mean," said Athanasius delightedly, "that we will get to ride dragons? Thjat is too wonderful for words!"
Vatheran paused, hand on the door. "I suggest, that, if you want to form a party, the Golden Vine would be an ideal place to gather."
"We have to go back there anyway," commented Asald, "to get our baggage."

Vatheran did not go straight back to his inn. First he stopped at his ancestral home, Vatheran Hall. There he met with his leiutenants: Quellid Silvertongue, his Elven partner in his trade affairs; Sir Restor Tryol, the leader of his bodyguards; and Selenius the Subtle, his hired Wizard.
"Quellid, these are your instructions. Salvage everything you can of olur business; take it by sea to the Isle of the Dragon Kings. It is a fairly desolate place, and will serve admirably for a jidden base of operations. Restor, can with him. Selenius, do you know what to do?"
"Yes, Master Vatheran," the old mage whispered.
"Tell me, Xetrique," said the Elf in his mellifluous voice, "where will you be? With us?"
"Unfortunately, no. I have been pressured into going on a mission, to try to stop this madness. I wouldn't go, but I have my honour to uphold."
"Sir," said the grizzled old Warrior, "don't go alone. Take one of your men with you."
"I'll think on it, Restor. Now, I must be off. Selenius, could you teleport me to the Golden Vine?"
"Right away, Master vatheran."

Xetrique Vatheran appeared in his office at the Golden Vine. He stepped out, into a hall, which lead to the grand Common Room, a room nearly as large as the Great Hall in the Palace. He stepped up to a podium, from which important announcements were made.
He cleared his voice, then shouted over the noise, which soon calmed. "Friends! Honoured guests! I have terrible news to announce!" Gasps ran through the assemblage. "Hordes of vicious goblins unlike any seen before are advancing on our fair city! Our Sovereign Lord Gloka has demed it wisest to evacuate Tharlis."
"What of the army?" shouted a patron. "The heroes?"
"Apparently even our finest champions are no match for these marauders. There is only one hope. That is the second part of the announcement. A man, a Ranger called Darmik of the Drakes, has the power to save our city. Any who wish to accompany us to the Mountains of Veronia will be welcome!"

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the Palace throne room, Darmik was having a hard time accepting the other heroes wanting to help in the quest.
"Oh no! No! I travel alone!" He snapped "I travel alone."
Pyrathas lowered his massive head to the rangers face, "Darmik, I must say that you and I alone couldn't take the orcs. A small party would do better against them, than a lone warrior." Darmik looked at the dragon. "Pyrathas, I have trusted you for many years. Is there a chance we could win the war alone? even a slim chance?"
The dragon shakes his head. "No, we would be dead within an hour."
"Very well then. Just remember," he talks to Athanasius. "You wanted to come. I didn't so don't blame me if your friends die!"
"Ahem!" Everyone turns to Rodan. "If you want to start, you'd best follow me."
He walks to a wall pressing a hidden switch, he revealed a secret tunnel. "This is the Ice Tunnel. It leads to Lonark's cavern realm. Follow me." He walks into the tunnel.
"Well?"

[This message has been edited by Son of the Dragon King (edited 25 January 2002).]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Dragon Fang, Weapon from the stars. Reply with quote Back to top

Damn! ALina thought. I lead them right here! How could I be such a fool!
She listened to the innkeeper's anouncment, setting her mouth in a grim line.
I have to help them, she thought. Turning rogue didn't exempt her from her honoroble nature. Rising, she swiftly made her way towards the palace, her hand set on the handle of her sword. It was the rare black metal, the Metal of the Rogue. She reached the palace doors, and was just about to push them open when they opened before her, a large crowd of people walking forward. Mildly surprised, she survayed the group, her expression cold. Noticing the dragon, Alina raised and eyebrow, wondering why it was there. Her gaze finally settled upon Darmik of the Drakes.
"Are you the one leading this expedition?" she asked him, her voice having a chilly edge. Darmik sighed, hoping Alina wasn't another travelar looking for an adventure.
"Yes, I am Darmik of the Drakes."
"I am Alina Nightsong, the Roue of Dauros, the Kridram. I am going to join you in your quest."
"No. Not another. I'm putting up with enough of them. Now, Lady, if you'l excuse me-"
"I won't." she replied coldly. "It's my fault the goblins are here. I want a chance to redeem myself."
"Your a Black Knight," Darmik said scornfully. "You have no honor to redeem!" Before he finished his sentence, Alina's hand snaked out, wraping itself around the ranger's throat in the blink of an eye.
"I know ten ways to kill you right now," she said coldly, carefully keeping her anger out of her voice. "I'm sure you will need me eventually." He face stayed calm, but her eyes were livid. "Just because I have turned from the gods doesn't mean I have no honor. Just because I am strong does not mean I have no honor." she looked intently into his eyes, seeming to search his soul. "You have the burden of lives on your shoulders. you have deaths on your shoulders. Does that make you unhonorable? Does defending yourself make you lower then dirt beneath your feet? If so, there is no honorable person left alive on this world. I am coming with you." she loosened her grip on the ranger's neck, resting it on her sword handle. "And you will not stop me."
She steped back a space, waiting for him to move onward. Staring at her in awe for a moment, Darmik shook his head, trying to clear it. "There isn't enough room for you," he snarled. "You wont be able to keep up with us."
"You'll be riding the dragon?" the ranger nodded, the dragon bristling at the common name. "Then I'll keep up. Puting her fingers to her lips, she gave an earsplitting whistle. Her stallion crashed through it's stall, trampling goblins i it's way. It stopped next to Alina.
"This is my horse, Jasper. He was bred to be faster than any other horse. My Art helps that. And with my Art, I can make him fly."
"What Art?" Athanasius asked. Shooting a glance at the young man, Alina replied, "The Art of my people. The Art we live by. It is our life."
"Who are your people?" Alina's face, if possible, became colder. "My people care little for the outside world, and so you should care little for them." Turning back to Darmik, she said, "well?" The young ranger made an exasperated sound, then walked on, the others following. Alina waited, dropping to the back. Any who moved back to speak with her recived a cold, peircing stare, warning them away. She mounted Jasper and rode slowly, thinking.
It's back were the only words running through her head.
IT'S BACK!

------------------
Raistlin, Archmagus of the hour glass eyes

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.- Raistlin Majere

Would I go back to the days of my youth?
Then my body had seemed frail, but it was strong in comparison to this fragile assembly of bones and flesh that I now inhabit, held together only by my will. Would I go back?
Then we were twins. Together in the womb, together after birth, still together but now seperate. The silken cords of brotherhood, cut, dangle between us, never to be restrung. Would I go back?
-Raistlin Majere

I Magus

"My Queen..."
What, not yet on you knees?
"My Queen...it is your move."
Rasitlin and The Queen of Darkness from Test of the Twins

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: