Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia nodded, and began her own story.
"I belonged...to a low-class family, in one of the elven capitals. There were a lot of humans there; I suppose one of the better things about living with them was that I learned Common quick enough.I still hate it." It was apparent how much easier speaking in Elvish was for her. She sighed, and ran a hand through her short hair, grimacing. "My hair was blue, originally, but when I started to learn magic - and saw the prejudice of some of Ardainia's peoples - I tried to use magic to change the color." She smiled at the mempry. "It didn't turn out so well. I had to do it ten times, to get the right color." Narwinia chuckled. "I left home a couple of years ago - I didn't want to spend the rest of my life as a servant to some high-class elf." She shrugged. "So I left, and I haven't gone back since. Krypta knows there wouldn't exactly be a warm welcome for me there." She looked down for a moment, remembering how they had hated her, how they said she killed her mother. Her face hardened.
"It doesn't matter, though. I never had to worry about...hunting." She wrinkled her nose. "When I was really little, some elves tried to get me to eat meat. I tried it, and then they told me how it was made." She grimaced, and shook her head. "I spent the night throwing up. Haven't touched meat since." Her ear twitched, and she looked toward the entrance, standing up. Her hand glowed faintly.
"Do you hear something?"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius' knees weakened, but he would not fall. Instead the half-elf leaned against a tree, using it's mishappen trunk for support. "I don't know what to say, Meradon." He started to say. "I thought I sensed the conflicts of the two forces, but instead I sensed your life's story. Every word you told me matched the feeling I have sensed within. Yet I could not bring myself to believe this if I haven't been through a similarity. By the laws of Dauros, your secret will I keep. known shall know by my tongue."
He walked to camp and looked back, "Come, Meradon, Agrela's Champion, we have been gone long, and our friends await."
He paused a moment as Meradon walked beside him. "I don't know if this will help, but you are equals with us, no matter your appearance and gifts. I know what it is liked to be abandoned. But even though the followers of Dauros despise me, Dauros favors me. I'm afraid, I can't tell you more of my past other than that, or what you may know from the monks. Dauros gave me an oath of secrecy, and those secrets are sealed till the Time."

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I know naught from Monks, nor ever will." Meradon smiled. "I might ask why they cast you forth, but it is not my place to question my lord." He paused in his speech as the two walked. "Agrela's Champion? I had not considered myself such. I am but clinging to her skirts for my life. Ah well . . . alas, here is the Sun, my bane." He pulled his hood up as the first light of dawn streaked across the East. "And - hark!"
"What is it?" asked Micarius. He strained his ears.
"Sounds of metal. And a whiff of Goblin. Their patrols have found us, or soon will. and - what else? The aura of Nature's spirits? Woe has overtaken us, my lord; the Dryads have roused the forest against us!"
"Woe indeed." Micarius quickened his stride. "Goblins we might stand against, but Dryads, Daemonwood and worse? Not now."
"Ah, but I have a plan." Even as Meradon whispered they came back to camp. The crashing noises of the Goblins could be heard, coming up the hill; behind was otherworldliness. "You can fly on your pegasis, and Night on his Roc."
"What of you and Narwinia?" asked Micarius.
"Yes, and what is happening?" Narwinia came out of the shelter, followed by Night.
"Goblins and Dryads together," said Micarius. "Meradon was outlining a plan."
"As I said, you can fly. As for Narwinia, she is magi unless I guess astray; also the Dryads were ever easier on females. These two traits will see her through. Myself they will take for a creature of the wilds - as such I am, and as such they care for."
"What of the Goblins?" Everyone turned to look at Vathern, who had been forgotten.
"The Goblins are no matter," whispered Meradon. "The Dryads are no more their friends then ours. But what of yourself?"
In answer Vatheran shimmered. Instead of now there stood a Dryad, smiling slyly. Night reached for his sword.
"Hold, good sir!" Vatheran's voice spoke from the Dryad's lips. "It is an illusion. Handy in my business."
"Oh." Night kept his sword drawn, anyway. He stood considering. "Your plan is good, Meradon," he said, "but I am unsure."

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Rushing straight into battle will make you the targets, no matter how they treat you. I could be wrong though and you know the creature's instincts better than me. If you want my advice you both should hide In the shelter I built until you can ambush them. The shelter was camoflouged so that only we could see it and knowing the goblin's sight that wasn't much work I could make it nearly invisible if you'd like."
"That would be helpful if we follow your plan or if we need somewhere to retreat to. I'll have to see the number of enemies before I use your stategy." Meradon and Narwinia walked torward the future battle grounds. Night turned to Micarius.
"I follow your orders Micarius." Naron flew down from his perch and landed near Night while Micarius' pegasus trotted over next to Micarius' side.

[ 06. December 2002, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

At the mention of her class, Narwinia stood straighter.
"I hope you're right," she said caustically. "well then - hurry up and be off, else your plan won't work." She scowled, and waited while Night went to Naron, and Micarious to his Pegusus. The winged creatures took flight and were away shortly.
Narwinia glanced at Vatheran and Meradon and sighed.
"Here goes." She turned toward the hill from which noise came, both hands begining to glow bright green. On one side, a troop of goblins came crashing through the forest, weapons drawn; on the other, dryads and their woodland minions. Niether looked happy to be near 'tother, but they advanced nonetheless. Narwinia nodded to the two men, and moved off towards the side the goblins took. Her hands flashed to the pouches at her waist, bringing out various ground up things - a bit of Hellsbane, Goldtone, some Lotus wood, and Roan. All went out in an attack against the front line of goblins. Some fell; others were missed. Narwinia cast a shield about her, completely forgetting the others as the monsters advanced.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

The Dryads stopped. They stood looking at the two strange poeple before them - the black-cloaked and grey-garbed Meradon and the illusionary Dryad which covered Quiviril Vatheran. They held their weapons - short bows and short swords, as well as staffs of magical purpose - warily, but did not aim. Behind them the forest shifted. Grey shapes prowled about.
"What do you here, sister?" asked one, coming forward. They seemed oblivious to the battle across the glade. "And who is this creature with you?"
"I Quivirilt'ia, from the South," replied Vatheran, his silky tones changed from Elven to Dryad. He knew enough of Dryad customs and ways to bluff this, if all went well. Most Elvish smugglers with their contraband do. "As for my companion, he can speak for himself."
"You may have heard of me," he said softly. "I am Meradon."
"I have not," said the Dryad. She hefted her weapon: a staff of intricate design.
"Hold," whispered Meradon. "You have wolves there, in the forest. They at least know of me, and met me." Vatheran started, but hid his surprise. As the other Dryads were also startled, so did not notice.
The lead Dryad commanded one of her followers in their own tongue. She went back into the forest. Returning, she nodded and spoke.
"Your tale is confirmed," said the leader. "I perceive now that great and evil magic has been worked on you. You were once an Elf; now what do you call yourself?"
"Meradon," he replied, smiling in shadow. "Ask no more. I mean you no harm."
"So the signs say." She turned her piercing gaze to Vatheran. "But you! You are no Dryad! Away with your veil!
"The game is up," murmured Vatheran. The illusion shimmered, and the half-elven merchant stood there instead. The Dryads murmured angrily.
"Hold," said Meradon. "I vouch for him. He also means no harm."
"Though why hold in illusion?" demanded the Dryad.
"Because I was afraid you'd skewer me on sight if there was not something to distract, fair lady," said Vatheran winningly. "A nasty deceit perhaps, but now you are the calmer."
"Maybe." The Dryad pursed her lips. "Very well. Your words hold merit. But Meradon, I charge you to watch him. And neither of you may return hither without our call. Stand aside now." Meradon and vatheran hastily did so as the Dryad company came forward. Behind came the wolves and other beasts of forest and field, and also the ancient tree-spirits which Men name Daemonwood. The Dryads clashed then with the Goblins, who fell back before the unexpected onslaught, already reduced by Narwinia's spell-casting.
Narwinia found herself surrounded by green bodies. They did not press; rather they fanned around her. Then one, wearing a crown of leaves and bearing a staff, came out of the throng.
"You are the companion of Meradon and his half-elf, are you not?" she asked.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

In the sky Micarius saw more than his eyes wanted to believe. His keen elven hearing told him of the conversation of the Dryads and the two men below, Meradon and Quiviri. At his pegasus' position in the air he could grab both of the men in one swift sweep, and take them to safety. but now, somehow, Meradon convinced the Dryads of the true enemy. "This Meradon, proves more of suprises than even I could sense." Micarius murmmured in amusement as he turned his flying horse to face the goblins. Already the goblin forces were falling back, trying to fight there way through the Dryad army, but they lost more soldiers than the army. He studied their tatics and found a familiar stragety that rekindled a faint glimmer of memory from Mayhew. He was traveling onto Mayhew when he saw him, A dying wizard collapsed at his feet. As a warrior, he asked what happened, but the Wizard only said this much: "We drove back the goblins back to their incampments...the black arrows came from nowhere...there was no escape. Don't let your pride lead you to doom! Don't...let them...besiege..." That was all he said as he laid there motionless. Quickly Micarius realized what the wizard ment and booted the pegasus, "Faster, Arwina. Faster." Already he saw goblins raising there swords and maces at random trees, and tried to make others believe he thought it was a deamon wood. Micarius scanned the trees to find goblin archers in almost every tree, creating a circle. "Night!" He barked at the young warrior already fighting with the Dryads, "Ignore the goblin footmen, look into the Trees!"
Already Micarius had three arrows in his bow and shot them towards his target, two screams brought down two archers off the tree, twenty in the others.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia blinked at the dryad, and licked her lips. "That I am. And who are y-" She stopped speaking as the goblins surged forward. Narwinia found very different green bodies pushing in against them. Her hands flashed, and two went down. Daemonwood attacked the others, keeping some of the dryads relatively safe.
That's when the arrows were let loose.
Narwinia hissed as she felt a glazing pain in her arm. She turned her head to see that she'd only been grazed - and that another wave of arrows were coming at them.
"Down!" Nar pushed the Dryad with the leaf crown, so that the arrows missed both of them. Without thinking, she cast a stronger shield around both herself and the dryad queen - for Narwinia didn't doubt that the grown indeed signified royalty.
"The trees! In the trees!" Dryads shouted all around her, and began to attack the archers with whatever they carried; staves, bows, even magic. Narwinia looked to Meradon and Vatheran.
"Are you going to just stand there?" She yelled angrily.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Sjar Eivelie Nomari Derie!" A voice came within Micarius' soul. Strong and powerful, it roared within, not elvish, but the words seemed familiar.
Another black arrow wizzed past his face, blowing the hair from his face as it did. Micarius sent another wave of arrows into the trees. "Remarin! Retar oom uiar Nomeir! Kel uk Pyre Drakoon! Kel uk Pyre Drakoon! Eivelie Nomari! Derie uia skimo!"
The voice and him were one, he couldn't control himself, as he realized what was happening! He only watched in terror as his body moved itself, jumping off the Pegasus, into a nearby tree.
He was going mad! And he knew it. If he could not gather control, his comrads would have no choice.
Already he watched as his body took sword formations, he never knew, and part of him tried to reach... something.
"Watch out! He told the Dryads, I can't control myself! Fall back! Leave here before my madness takes me fully! It's no Joke!" Already his sword had created a killing ground around him, only a blur made his sword and a few sparks from the goblins' weapon. Half of him wanted to smile, pleased to have such power, but the other held onto that memory of his first encounter, This madness would not swallow him again!
"Derie uai Diablon! Kimash uia welar venak!"

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night looked at Micarius who was killing any goblin in the tree he could find. He flew torward the rest of his companions.
"We have to go the goblins are regrouping," said Night.
"We can't leave Micarius here," said Narwinia.
"He said he couldn't control his body so it would be useless if we try and get him to come. The Drayds will know where to go." Naron flew up and grabbed Narwinia and Meradon who was holding on to Vatheran in the talons. Naron flew back near the shelter and dropped Meradon, Narwinia, and Vatheran. They got on to their horses because already the goblins were making their way to the shelter. They started running from the battle. Night flew Naron higher so he could see where they were going. Hatlere nef cor nal metnay bearnol. The words came from nowhere. He never heard them be used in conversation but they sounded like he heard them five seconds ago. He saw a goblin army ready to ambush the others. Cret newtal mer sonfay. He couldn't move any of his body parts but they still directed Naron. He jumped from Naron even thouh he was higher than the clouds. He could land it by grabbing on to a tree even at this height but he didn't control his body. He forceed his mouth to talk.
"STOP... THERE IS... AN AMBUSH... AHEAD. I CAN'T... CONTROL MY MOVEMENTS LIKE.. MICARIUS." Night could talk any further. His body grabbed his cloak at both sides and used it like a hand glider. His body steered himself behind the golbin forces but in a way that he was hidden. Metron fonay crel ton. He landed very softly. He felt something inside of him that wanted to come out but couldn't. Ral trew met fon.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius did the dance of battle as his soul searched within himself to find the Source. If I am to rid myself of this madness, I am to search within and root it out.
Already his search found nothing but lost memories and and mental notes now only rubbish. Until he walked right into a hallway he never noticed. It was like entering a fortress, and a shrine all mixed in one. Light reflected off the silver walls providing a clear view of a door never opened in years. Strange, within these doors is memories not of mine. Yet memories of a past I shared. Here the source draws me, here is where my battle begins.
He opened the Sapphire studded doors and entered a large chamber with a silver dragon lying in the center, staring at him.
"I always wondered what my form was in the now." He chuckled.
"Who are you? What are you doing in my mind and body?"
"Who am I?" The Dragon roared in laughter. "Why I am you, and you are Me! We are the rebirth of Sulfras. And I have come to merge with you."
"I am no dragon, Sulfras." Micarius walked warily around him. "I am a warrior in the service to Dauros."
"As am I Micarius, yet we are one, and soon we will merge. One by one the five will return."
"The Five?"
"The Five Dragons of the Gods, ofcourse." The Silver dragon rose his head, almost touching the domed ceiling. "When you are ready, we will become one, but not now, now you have questions unanswered. And I must guide you in the battle."
"Are you the one causing me to do what I won't?"
"If you mean the actions you call your 'madness' then yes, I have always guided you, Sulfras." The Silver Dragon chuckled then continued. "Yes, ofcourse, Micarius. But if you slay me, you will die. Go now, return to your mind and body, watch and learn. I have seen your comrad, what is his name? Ah! Night! He is battling the same formation like my old friend."
"If you harm him..."
"Oh I won't unless he attempts to attack me, but then you must trust me. Go now Micarius, I must be left alone."
MIcarius felt himself being pushed out of the chamber, out of the hall, back into the Void. A dragon's soul within Mine? What is wrong with me? "Trust him" came a familiar voice, "Trust him."

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:43 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"What in the name of Dauros?" cried Vatheran, glancing up.
"Night, and he's as mad as Micarius." Narwinia peered upward in irritation. "I wonder where he is."
"No matter that, my lady," called Meradon. His voice was croaking over the sound of battle. "He speaks the truth. These woods do reek of goblin."
As he finished arrows flew about them, but they veered from Narwinia's shield.
"Foul creatures," said a trilling voice, and the Dryad queen, astride a stag, as beside them. They looked at her in astonishment. She returned their stare coldly. "Did you think I would let you go so freely? Perhaps to join the Goblins, though it seems unlikely. Rather to call your so-called heroes to trample down our wood. I will ward you through my forest, so that you harm not and are not harmed."
"I hardly think you can help us, madame," said Vatheran loftily.
"Think again, mortal," she replied, and lifted aloft her staff. There was a rumble in the forest, and a living mountain reared up.
"Rock Golem!" cried Narwinia.
"Aye, the only one at my command, but sufficient to beat Goblins." As if on cue the goblins streamed forth yelling warcries.
"If my lord and ladies will go on ahead," said Meradon, whispering now, "I will despatch the Goblins."
"So many?" said Narwinia.
"Does my lady doubt me?" They could hear the smile in his voice, if not see it. "I can divide them as a dog does sheep, or a wolf deer. Their is no need to fight." He dismounted, though his horse was running. They rode on ahead. Then he challenged the Goblins.
He ducked and weaved through their rabble, for these were thinking to surprise and were surprised themselves. Though he noticed an unwonted discipline in them, they were not used to it, nor to ambushes turned against them. He slid and ripped, and flew and tore, and Goblins fell behind him. Howling, the remainder gave pursuit. He led them to the feet of the Golem, where they were crushed as dust. Panting, he made his way back to the trail followed by the others.

The Innkeeper of Lord Shasta's Retreat was very cheerful. Business returned as he'd foretold, and there was no sign of the strangers. The Sun was bright and cheerful over New Tharlis, and all was well with the world.
The chatter in the Inn hushed. The Innkeeper looked up, fearing to see Micarius or the others. It was a stranger indeed, but not one of the four. This man - for Man he appeared to be, no trace of Elf - was fair of skin and hair. He wore white robes, and a brown cloak - verily a Wizard, if the Innkeeper knew aught. But he was not like any other the Innkeeper had seen before. For his face was youthful; laughing and open, not like the dour magicians so common, and yet keenly intelligent; no dotard he.
"Ah, good Master Innkeeper," he said, coming up to the bar, "for so I think you are. A glass of your finest." A golden coin spun on a delicate finger. The Innkeeper hurried to fetch it. He set the goblet down. The man drained it at a gulp, and leaned forward.
Now only did the man notice something strange. The young Wizard's eyes were yellow, nay golden: golden and enthralling.
"Tell me," said the man, "has a man been here? Wearing black and grey, and naming himself Meradon?"
"Aye," said the Innkeeper, drawing it out as he was drawn into those eyes. "Aye, there was."
"Tell me all you can of him."
The Innkeeper did so as quick as lucidity would permit. He suddenly felt compelled to serve and obey this man - who was no man. After he related he he knew, the stranger thanked him, smiled, and left. The Innkeeper sllumped, released from the enthrallment.
Outside the sight of the town, Dallian raised his voice in laughter. "Are all humans so easy to beguile? May the Ancient Masters be praised that I am no longer one! Oh, Slinnithir, I have you now!" Large, white-feathered wings rippled from beneath his cloak. He took to the air, still laughing.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius watched within the void of his soul as his body became a weapon. Black blood already drenched his clothes as if he waded through a river, and his sword darkened with every swing.
Suddenly he felt a shockwave from behind, then a wave of goblins fly from behind as if something hit them. "Ar Moutair figaur!" His eyes widened at the massive giant before him. His body had stopped, the blood that covered his sword slowly trickled dow to his hands. Here he stood infront of the greatest enemies he had ever faced: A golem! Tall as a mountain, and faster than the fastest horse, it swung it's mighty fists. Not at him, thank Dauros, at the goblin army. Quickly he took the moment to regain control of his body once again. He forced himself to turn, blade and all to the carnage before him. Success! A small grin forced it's way to his mouth, and quickly turned to a grimace as he cleaned his blade and sheathed it. Within those seconds, the golem had Driven off the army, but they will be back. Slowly he made his way to Falotor and the others. "You saw why I fight alone, and I have seen it is infectious. You three can stay with me if you wish, but I insist we part. I nearly attacked the golem, and that would have been foolishness." He said as he eyed the Dryad queen. "I do not know why you attacked Night and I, but saving us today had told me that I know little of the wilds than I thought. You spared my comrades, and saved my life. I do not know what law I have broken that night to have you attack us, bt I am in debt to your people, wether it be paying the price for ignorance of a law I do not know, or raising my sword in service, but whatever you ask of me I will follow." He knelt down on one knee to the dryad queen. "In the name of Dauros, my life, my sword, my knowledge is yours."

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I would take your life, human, if you had not the blood of the elves mixed within." She shook her head, "No, you owe me nothing, but if you insist, leave my lands, and never return. That is all I can say." Micarius sheathed his sword as he rose and walked away.
"Now, about you Meradon..." That was the last of the queens voice he heard, as he mounted Arwina and rode near night. "Night, I must leave for Tharlis immediantly. Things have become more... odd. If that's the word. Stay here and tell the others where I go, and if they go to tharlis go. If not, follow them. By the guild of Warriors, this I order you. There will be time for war later. Do you understand."
"Yes sir." Night answered still feed ing his Roc.
"Well then I must be off. I'll be at the inn where we set off, tonight. tomorrow, I don't know." Micarius booted his steed, urging her to go faster. rebirth of the five? Dauros I am going Mad!

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"About you, Meradon; I can sense that you have some manner of powerful magic at in you. A binding spell which is a transformation restraining a spell which is transformation." She paused, frowning. "The magic woven about you is not natural, Elf-Who-Is-Not."
"Indeed not," he whispered. "Is it my fault?"
She stared deep into his eyes, the windows of the soul. Dryads have the ability to look through those windows from the outside, unless the subject possesses a strong will and a desire to keep them out. Meradon had the strength of mind to draw the curtains, but he chose not to. He smiled as the Dryad shuddered at the story she found within him. The smile was not happy, though.
Blinded spiritually by the horrors of Meradon's life and blinded physically from the luminescence streaming from his pale eyes, she stumbled backward.
"I apologize, your Majesty," he said. His tone was unreadable. The Dryad looked at him in suspicion, not being able to tell whether he was sarcastic or sincere. Finally she decided he was both, and shook her head.
"May the forests protect you, Elf-Who-Is-Not," she said. She pointed to the black horse, which stood near. "Now go. The others are already departing - not quickly; you should catch up."
"Thank you, Your Majesty. May the forests bless you, as well." He mounted Dominox, and went off after the others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: