Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Around 9:35 PM, Micarius came down stairs with clean armour and a hungry face. He ordered a drink. A man walks in and sits next to Micarius. His armour and sword are faintly glowing. his cloak and hood cover his face.
"Hellbear Meat," he says while handing the Inn Keeper a few gold coins. The Inn Keeper hands him his order.
"What's your name," asked the Inn Keeper.
"Night," said the man. "I also need a room. Have any left?"
The Inn Keeper nods while Night gives him atleast 50 coins.
"You must have raided a Goblin Fortress," said Micarius. Night nods and then turns to the Inn Keeper.
"What's your name and what kind of room can i get for this?"

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Dawn had come, its warm rays reviving the life in New Tharlis from it's rest. People walked the streets, and heroes told thier tales and adventures to eager young boys. It was here in New Tharlis where it all began.
Everyone knew the old prophecy; the Five great dragons would return when mankind's fear runs free. Of how they destroyed the Goblin Army and weakened Grumgog by sacrificing themselves. Before they Faded away the five promised to return and forever banish Grumgog to the Abyss and seal him there for all time.
It is now two thousand years since the promise. And already people have forgotten much of the prophecy. But now evil walks free, and the five spirits must now awaken.

At Lord Shasta's Retreat, a stranger Arrived His armor covered in dried blood and dust from a battle. His rock-like face betrayed his hidden emotions, a mix of expressions flooded his face: Tiredness, Shockment, anger, and confusion.
"You look like you saw Krypta herself, good sir." That fat Innkeeper spoke as he cleaned a tankard. "Let me guess you want a room and bath?"
The stranger nodded. "That will do fine."
"And who might you be?"
"Micarius Draconor." The stranger replied, pressing the gold coins into the innkeeper's hand.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I am Micarius Draconor, a traveling warrior who has just seen and experienced the Impossible." The warrior eyed the people behind him and continued. "Have you ever survived a battle against Two or three goblin armies? I have! And I still can't figure it out." He took a sip of his ale and continued, "As for your other question, fifty gold could probally get you your own room for the night, minus the supper."

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Realizing that the Inn Keeper was busy he turned back to Micarius.
"I'm sorry for my rudeness just tired and I could use a nice rest after that Goblin Overlord but it's ni...," Night spins around with a knife just an inch away from an elven rouge trying to pickpocket Micarius.
"Ech nicleem vonail mor teson voe," said Night to the rouge. The Rouge than ran to the door but with a sudden opening he was knocked out.

"It's nice to meet you, Micarius. I have never really had the chance to go out against an army. I was abdoned by my parents, a warrior and a ranger, and was left to fend for my self. Most of the time I had to hunt and find shelter."

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius nodded as he counted his coins. "If there's one thing I can't stand it's a rogue." Micarius mumrured as he handed fifty coins to Night. "I always repay my debts, Night. You fought a goblin underlord?"
Night nodded. Micarius whistled then fiddled with his table knife. "I battled two armies and all I was trying to do was get here." The warrior looked at Night and spoke in a soft tone. "Where was this outpost you raided?"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia nearly stumbled through the inn's doorway. Her eyes were hurting, right along with the rest of her battered body. She was almost too tired to remember the words of even the simplest of protection spells, but she was able to mutter it anyway, creating a sort of invisible shield around herself. She strode, nearly tripping, toward the bar. She sat down, barely glancing at the two men next to her. Calling for a glass of wine, she paid with three coins, and downed the goblet. Then with a soft moan, she laid her head down, pillowed by her arm, and her otherarm covering her heavily bandaged - and blood soaked - side. She was nearly falling asleep where she sat, but she drew enough strength to pull some ocins from her purse.
"A room for the night." Her voice was cracked with disuse, and was heavily accented in Elven. She swallowed, and motioned for another wine, hoping to dull the pain in her side with alcohol. She turned her head slightly to look at the two seated next to her, her brown hair swaying slightly to reveal her pointed, Elven ears. "Hello," She said faintly.

[ 05 November 2002, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin, Archmagus ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Miss I thnk you need a doctor!" Micarius exclaimed as he motioned for the Innkeeper.
"Miss? Is their a healer in the Inn?" Micarius yelled over the noise in the common room.
"I'm a healer," a small bald woman came by. "What seems to be the problem?"
"This woman's badly heart, She seems to have lost alot of blood and she's losing conciusness."
"Here, help me take her to a room." The healer spoke as she grabbed her herbs. "I will do my best, and we shall see what Agrela decides."
Micarius quickly picked up the young elven maiden as night gathered her belongings and followed the healer to a vacant room.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia hissed as her feet left the floor and the room spun in her vision. She was able to laugh at the Healer.
"Agrela? Yeah. Right." After that much, it was too hard to talk. She held her side, breathing hard though her mouth. As she was carried into the room, her foot banged against the door, sending shocks of pain all along her body. She gasped, and clenched her fists. As the man let her go into a chair, she choked back a sob, and doubled over on herself. She closed her eyes tightly and bit her lip, trying to regain control of her face. It took only a few moments, and she forced herself to sit up straight again. She pulled her shirt up just enough to unwrap her bandage, revealing a deep gash in her side. She shifted away from the side of the chair, and bit her lip. The wound bore the look of an attempt at cleaning it, but some mud still ringed it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

The healer came out of the elf's room and spoke to Micarius, "She lost alot of blood, but she should be ok now. You can go in if you like, but I want to know who is going to pay me."
Micarius grumbled as he handed her some gold. "I thought healers worked for free. Well here's your gold." As he stepped into the room. The elf was still siting in a chair, checking her wound as he stepped trough. "I'm glad your ok, my lady." He began the conversation. "You were practically oozing blood and fading away. By the way, I am Micarius, son of Richard Nightblade and Falene Merrywine. Would you care to explain why you came into the inn as a half-dead corpse?" He pulled up a chair and shrugged. "You don't have to if you don't want to Miss..?"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Narwinia, daughter of Lioen Straightbow." She didn't give her mother's name. "I needed something to dr-" Her throat caught, and she began to cough, waving Micarius off as he rose. The fit subsided gradually. She sighed. "I ran into trouble on the way here. I stopped long enough to clean up my wound and bandage it. Walking on didn't do to much good, I'm afraid." A thought struck her, and she reached into a back pocket. She pulled out a string with tiny pouches attached to it. She smiled briefly as she held it - almsot tenderly - in her hands. Unable to attach it around her waist for the wound there, she tied it around her wrist. Seeing Micarius's look, she explained. "My components. I'm afraid the bags run out quickly, but..." She didn't bother to finish. She was still tired.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night walks in carrying a fresh plate of Hellbear meat and wine which he places next to the wounded elf.
"I am Night the abandoned son of a female ranger and a male warrior. I thought you might be hungry so I got you Hellbear meat and wine. Est bertoph lenbot ferncleem?"

Narwinia looked at him and smiled.
"You know elven?" Night nodded.

[ 05 November 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

The smile was brief, but it lasted long enough for her to say, "Good. It's about time that non-elves learned the language. She took the wine, but declined the meat. "I...can't. It may be from a monster, but I can't make myself eat the flesh of another." She drank the wine, then looked a bit dolefully at the empty glass. "Thank you." Bracing herself, she stood, sucking in breath painfully.
"It's a good thing that Healer was around." Her words were thankful, but her tone diminished the point. "I would have liked it better if it were a cultist, though." She bit her lip as she put a hand on her newly bandaged wound.

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Down below, the Inn was emptying out. Tthe episode of the dying woman had unnerved them. Best not to stay here, where an aura of uncanniness pervaded the atmosphere.
The innkeeper was still pretty happy, and besides it nearing closing time anyway. Things like this happened on occasion. By tomorrow, the unease would pass, and his regulars would return, and travellers would stop by who knew nothing of it. A nine-day wonder, at the most.
So he thought. But just as the door closed behind the last customer, another figure slipped in. It glided over to the bar, unnoticed by the innkeeper. When that worthy turned, he faced an appartion at the bar.
What met his eyes was hard to describe. It was shrouded in a light, thin black cloak, which fell clinging about the figure. Through the shifting shadow of the cloak, the innkeeper could see the figure wore a tunic of dark grey, woven of the same silky material as the cloak. Colourless eyes caught the light of candles lit behind the bar and reflected it from within the shroud of a hood.
"I, I beg your pardon," said the innkeeper. "You startled me."
"I seem to do that." The voice was low, soft and fleeting, as the innkeeper imagined the cloak might feel if it brushed you. The whole business was now setting the innkeeper on edge.
"Can I help you?" he asked.
"I am thirsty. You have . . ." he stopped, as if searching in memories long lost ". . . wine, perhaps?"
"Of course," said the innkeeper, two jovially. He set a glass on the table. "That will be three gold, if you please."
The man - if it was a man, even now the innkeper was not quite sure - put forth a gloved hand holding three of the Tharlisian crowns. The innkeeper accepted them gingerly. The hand fell about the cup, and lifted it in silent salute to the innkeeper. Then the stranger took a slow sip.
The innkeeper choose to ignore him, and set about cleaning up the place. Something needed doing that he was forgetting . . . ah yes. The spot where the girl had sat; there was blood on her stool. He looked around. His hair prickled when he noticed that the stranger was sitting at the same stool she had. He seemed not to have noticed the bloodstains.
"Pardon me, sir," he said, coming over, "but there was a bit of an, hm, incident in here, and, if you please sir, there is blood on that stool."
"I know." The stranger paused, cup halfway to the unseen lips. "I . . . knew it when I came in. Elf, yes?"
This flustered the innkeeper. "How should I know? But I'd like to clean it up."
"Oh. I see." The man stood and moved off, while the innkeeper mopped it up. After he was done, the man spoke again. The innkeeper was so distracted, he did not hear properly.
"Pardon?" he said.
"I desire a room." The ,an had raised his voice. In doing so, he seemed to haved strained it; the sound of the words was harsh.
"Oh. Naturally." The innkeeper nodded, dazed. "That will be forty gold, if you please."
"I do not have that much," replied the figure, resuming his half-whisper. The innkeeper began to babble.
"Oh, well, in that, you can't stay. Unless You'd like to share a room. In that case, it'd be half price for both of you. Unfortunately, all of my guests have already paid, and it's so bothersome to give half of their money back. Except for one, of course. Her friends didn't say she'd stay the night, but in her condition, I suppose she will."
"I'll take that room," interrupted the stranger. He gave the innkeeper twenty gold, and headed for the stairs.
Summoning, courage, the Innkeeper called after him. "What is you name sir?- If any should call for you?"
"My name?" The man turned. He seemed to consider, as he had done when ordering wine. "My name . . . is Meradon. But callers? No one has called me that since before . . ." he trailed off. He shook his head. "No one knows me now, save maybe one, and he will call me something else . . ." the stranger turned again and mounted the steps, leaving the innkeeper to puzzle.

[ 06 November 2002, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Falotar ]

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia's head snapped toward the door. The ether winds were tingling, and she felt her hand start to shake slightly, as it did when faced with a formidable foe. Still, she kept her face calm, not wanting the two men to think she was frightened. In a way, though, she was. She didn't like not knowing what was out of her range of sight. She closed her eyes a moment, and her left hand began to glow with a faint, dim green, dark spotted light. She wouldn't be caught unawares by whatever was outside the door.

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Meradon knocked gently on the door.
"Come in," said a female voice. His keen ears detected a quiver of - fear, or just unease? He pushed open the door. He swept the room. Two men, both strong-looking. A woman, standing next to a bed. One hand was at her side, and Meradon smiled to himself as he noticed the gathering spell, which the other two apparently didn't. Or did they? Although he couldn't use magic himself, he was quite sensitive about it. One man had a strong aura about him.
"Who are you?" asked that one. His tone suggested that he was irritated by the uninvited intrusion. His gaze ran disapprovingly up and down Meradon's cloak.
"No one of important," answered Meradon. The others' faces registered shock at the quietness of his voice. The first man, the one with goblin blood on his armour, recovered first.
"Then perhaps you should leave," he said.
"I beg your pardon," said Meradon. "But I believe this is my room - for their is but one wounded lady in this establishment. You must be her friends. I apologize for my unheralded entry."
"What do you mean - you believe this is your room?" asked the other man.
"I should say it is my room. You see, I was told it cost forty gold a night here, and I had but twenty-odd coins. But the man - innkeeper? - informed me that if I took room with someone else, it would be half-price, for both of us. He said you had not payed for the lady's room yet. Of course I do not wish to impose - should my lady wish," he looked at Narwinia, "I will find cheaper lodging elsewhere."
"I . . ." she did not finish, and sat down on the bed. The second man spoke up.
"Her name is Narwinia, and as you can see, she has suffered a bad wound. It probably would be better if you left."
"Especially if you're a Rogue," said the other.
"Did I say I was?" he said, sarcasm tinging his whispery voice. "I misspoke then. I have no profession, though I was . . . intended to be an assasin. Murdering the unknowing does not suit me, however, so I fled from my . . . commander."
"I see," said the first man. "Well, if Narwinia permits . . . ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: