Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Also," added Meradon, "if you desire to come, cast off your sword and armour. We want no glint of metal or ring of iron." Night did as he was bid, leaving himself armed only with a dagger. Meradon studied him. He nodded. "Come now."
The former assasin slowly picked his way down the hillside. Night followed, noticing that the black-shrouded figure took no care to conceal himself.
They reached the outcropping. It was as tall as a man at its part. there it was smooth, and a faint outline of the Daurosian scales of balance could be seen carved there.
"Why didn't you stay under cover?" asked Night in low tones.
"Because there are no guards on those walls, natural or supernatural."
"Why wouldn't they guard their walls?"
"A trap."
"A trap?" Night's voice raised slightly. "Are they expecting us?"
"Of course not," hissed Meradon. "But you got in there before. I would guess that the ord here is an intelligent creatures. Normally goblins are stupid, but every so often there's a clever one born. We have wasted enough breath."
Meradon inspected the rock. He ran his hands over it; the gloves were thin enough to allow him to feel through them. He removed a device from the depths of his cloak and scanned the jumbled pile with it.
"What's that?" asked Night with curiousity.
"An invention of one of my mentors. It detects many things, including hollowness, thinnes of a barrier, and magic locks and traps." Meradon tucked it away again. He laid his hand on the scales. "It indicates that this is the door; there is a simple spell holding it."
"Probably to do with Dauros," Night surmised. Even as he said it, the scales flared dimly, and the stone vanished.
"Astute observation," said Meradon. He gestured toward the door. "You first, my lord."
Night shot a glance at him, then shurgged and walked in. Meradon slipped in behind.
"Now, I lead," he murmured. Behind them, the stone reformed.
Night gasped. "Your eyes! They're glowing."
"A useful trait for a darkness-loving creature like myself." Meradon's reply was filled with the same bitterness it had been earlier.
The light from his eyes picked out a well-built if narrow passge. It sloped down for a while then leveled off. It ended after what seemed several hours of walking. A spiral staircase wound tightly upwards. Meradon mounted them, followed by Night.
The stairs ended at a door. A lock was set into the handle. Meradon inspected it. "Unlocked," he said. "As I suspected. He moved to the side, and pushed it open.
For a few minutes, nothing happened. Then torchlight flared, framing Night by the door.
"Ar, so's you again, Master Spy," snarled a goblin voice. "We've been expecting you."
"How many?" whispered Meradon, even lower then usual.
"Three, one with a crossbow," answered tNight. This startled the goblin speaker.
"What ya want'a go saying that for?" he said. "Like to repeat the obvi-"
The crossbow-wielding goblin blinked as what appeared to be a shadow detached from the doorway, engulfing its leader and the torch in darkness. He heard the other make a gurgle, then the shadow was on him. The third goblin, stunned by the sudden absent of light, opened his mouth to shout an alarm. But he never gave it.
Meradon retrieved the torch and lit it for Night's benefit. The three goblins lay sprawled on the floor, their throats gaping.
"Was that necessary?" asked Night.
"Perhaps not," said Meradon, "but it was sure. I knew there were goblins guarding that door, and I wanted you to distract them." He shok his heads; blood flew off the shining claws the liquid-proof cloth of the gloves.
Meradon examined the chamber. Two doors, besides the one they entered, led out of it. A heavy stench of goblin came out of one. Meradon opened the door and slipped inside. When he came out, he was again shaking his hands.
"The relief watches," he explained. "this area is secure for the night."
He checked the other door. No one was immediately beyond. What was beyond was another staircase, going up. Meradon closed it.
"You stay here," he instucted the bemused Night. "I shall fetch the others. Make sure no alarm is given." Then the smoke-like figure vanished back into the secret passage

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night waited for Meradon to return patiently. Five goblin warriors fell from trap doors in the roof surrounding Night. A goblin Overlord came from the door way behind Night.
"Welcome back spy." Night withdrew his dagger and hid it under his cloak.
"I see yoy brought friends," said the goblin noticing the claw markson the bodies. When he turned back to Night he was gone. The goblin overlord looked around watching his goblin warriors drop dead with a slit throat. Night then reapperaared behind the overlord holding the knife against his throat.
"H-how'd you get so f-fast," asked the goblin realizing that Night killed his men and that he was next.
"Born in the wild. Oh and thanls for the welcoming party." Night slices the goblin's throat.

Night then notices torch light. He grabs a stone of the ground, which glows as he touches it, and the goblin overlord's huge sword and gets ready to fight.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius stood by the steed that bore him to his destination. "Ete Lemia Columbea. No Sacla Eminea Sha-cleam." The winged horse snorted as it ran into the woods, slowly disappearing from view.
Narwinia stood carressing her steed's mane, soothing it with elvish words. A while back Micarius removed his armor, revealing white robes and a silver sash. The very tunic of a novice of Dauros. The sword was unsheathed from his armor, yet tucked into his sash.
"We found a way in, but we must hurry if we are to enter the fortress." A whisper came from behind."
The Half-elf juimped as Meradon came forth. "Do you have any sense? You could have gotten killed don't sneak up on us like that! And where in Dauros' name is Night?"
"Night is in the fortress awaiting your arrival, My Lord." Meradon bowed.
Micarius nodded as he sheathed his sword. "Lead the way. Narwina."

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia nodded, and left the bay munching grass dociley near a tree. She checked to make sure her components still sat on her waist, before making her way forward, behind Meradon. The quiet man led them towards the castle, and through the hidden door. Nar would have paused to study it, or to understand how it was made. But Meradon pushed on, and soon they came upon Night. He stood ready for an attack.
"Night," Narwinia whispered. "What is it?"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"They knew we were coming," replied Night. "They moved the main fortress and set up a decoy for us to attack instead. We're in an ambush." Night threw the stone into the next room. As it hit the floor 50 arrows shot at the doorway. "We need to get out of here!"

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius observed the hallway as the arrows stopped. "It is still a lair to clean up, Night." He looked back at the young warrior. "Even if it is true. Pyrathas' Shrine must be cleansed before they find the artifact within."
"What Artifact, Micarius?" Night threw another rock through another hallway.
"When Pyrathas died to save Darmik, the first Draconic King of the Dragons, the monks and Dragons hid an artifact that once belonged to Pyrathas. Or rather made by him. It was the legendary Armour of Dauros. Forged by Dragon fire, and fashioned by Dauros himself. It had a mind of it's own and made it's wearer nearly immortal no matter who wore it."
"Wait, Micarius, you mean those goblins could wear it as well? Why would Dauros allow that? Especially if he is the god of Goodness." Meradon mused, studying the two hallways.
"Dauros is the god of law, Meradon." Micarius replied icily. "Even goblins have or can have order, even if it's of evil. Any who follows a code could wear it. Just like, Darmik's Son wielded Dragon Fang and used it to slay the gods."
The half-elf studied the walls looking defiantly for another way.
"Micarius," Narwina sighed. "If Night says there is no way in then there is no way in. Even if this was the resting place of the artifact, why is there no remains of the monks who guarded it? I haven't even seen or sensed death or remains even in here."
Micarius looked back at the elven maiden, mouth open, but no words came for awhile. She was right, there was not a single corpse in the lair.
"Very well. But if this isn't the shrine, or the fortress, where?"

[ 21 November 2002, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Micah, Dauros' Champion ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I do not pretend to know if this is the shrine or not," said Meradon. "But think. You proclaimed it as such when you where outside, Micarius. The goblins must have spent a long time to produce a replica so exact. I do not believe they would bother."
"What about the Monks? Where are their bodies?" asked Micarius.
"Goblins do not appreciate corpses in their homes an more than other creatures, my lord. What could be simpler than that they cleared them away?"
"I tell you this is a decoy," said Night. "Not the fortress I was in."
"But it is the Shrine of Pyrathas," said Micarius with renewed conviction. "Perhaps we can find a clue to the location of the real fortress. If we can find a way in."
"I know the way," whispered Meradon. "The goblins who were at the entrance left a trail which I can follow to the entrance into the Shrine proper."
"Lead, then," ordered Micarius. Meradon bowed and flowed ahead. Night came close behind, then Narwinia, probing with her magic. Last came Micarius, thinking on what had passed.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night grabbed Meradon and pulled him back out of the door way.
"Wait," ordered Night as he picked up a stone.
"I'm pretty sure there are goblins," said Meradon.
"I know there are. But there won't be. Hold on." Night throws the stone in to the hallway and arrows fly at the wall. Night then seems to disappear from his speed. After a few seconds he reappears with a bloody dagger.
Night picked up a stone and threw it at a wall. The stone created an explosion. As the smoke cleared walls turned from stone to crude leather. They realized that they were tricked and that they were in a goblin fortress. Night picked up another stone and hurled it into the air. It exploded making the same green color as before.
Seconds later the Roc landed with the saddle still on. Night grabbed his armor and sword that no one seemed to notice from the Roc's talens and put it on. He then mounted the Roc and took off and then turned around and grabbed Narwinia and Meradon in it's talons.
Micarius made a loud whistle to call his pegasus.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Twilight has fallen over New Thera as Juliac entered the small Town. The site where the ancestors of new Tharlis rebuilt their old city one thousand years to date. As he walked pass the market a small statue of Darmik and the Companions gave off a small bue light. It was here the signs came to him. Pathways in the city grew red as hot coals came from different directions, leading to one place: an Inn known as Lord Shasta's Retreat. It was unlike the other inns in Tharlis, this one was the size of an old manor house where the first rulers of the town mat have lived. "Old blood gathers in the form of trees, untiting within an ancient palace to battle an ancient foe." The old prohpet smiled as he entered the inn.
"One customer in nearly a whole day." A fat man with an rag grimaced. "What can I do for you?"
"I search for the elven heroes four." Juliac chanted. "I come for them and a meal."
"Well the meal I can help you with, good sir. However I see many elves and am afraid you may have to give more on the few you seek."
"I search for four elves." Juliac put a mouthful of mutton in his mouth and continued. "Was there elves gathering here recently or not?"
"Aye, that there was." The innkeeper replied slamming a tankard upon the back counter. One elf actually. She came in here injured and pouring blood upon my floor. A warrior named Micarius called for a healer and helped her to a room." he grimaced. "Bloody warriors, all they do is slay beasts and it doesn't matter where the target is, they slaughter it."
Juliac smiled in his tankard of ale as the innkeeper spoke. "Tell me more off this Micarius, where did he go?"
"Micarius came here with bloodied armour and demanded his room two days ago. I showed him his room after he payed, but this morning there was blood on the wall in his room and a corpse outside under his window. He paid for the mess, but stormed off with another warrior, the elf and a suspicious stranger this morning."
"Where did they go?"
"I don't know, good sir, but they are comming back tonight or tommorow. They paid for another night here."
"I would like a room then, good innkeeper."
"That's forty five gold." The innkeeper's mood perked up. "I can give you a room away from the four if you wish. And the east wing is fifty-five gold, and alot more comfortable."
"No thanks," Juliac counted the coins as he slid them to the Innkeeper. "I just want a room close to the four, and send this Micarius to me, tell him a friend wants to see him."

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Quiviril had been tracking the companions all day. They had not taken any particular care to conceal their movements, and the trail was easy to follow. It was about midnight when he heard the sound of horses. From the sounds, they were frightened. Breaking out of the trees, he found himself looking down at an old fortress-like structure, with - smoke? - bilowing out of part of it.
The half-elf looked about. Spying the horses, he went over. "Aha," he said. "So I have found you, horse-thief." Since no one seemed to be able, he decided to appropriate the other horse as well as the black. Then he tied all three together and waited for the four strangers, who where apparently engaged in destroyed the structure below.
Great was his surprise when a large bird flew out of the place. Great still was his consternation when it headed straight for his position. He noted with some alarm that it was being ridden, and that it had two cloaked figures in its talons. So absorbed was he in the bird that he did not notice the winged horse, coming behind.
He had just decided to make a strategic withdrawal when the great Roc swooped toward him. He shrieked and doze for the cover. The horses neighed.
When he emerged, several minutes later, he was relieved to find the bird gone. He was not so relieved to see four ominous figures standing on the hill next to him, all staring at him.
The horse thieves, he thought desperately. He tried a winning smile. "A fine night," he said, though it was chill and windy. "Admiring the view? Very panoramic." Indeed, the fortress seemed to be on the verge of conflagration.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Quite," Narwinia replied. Her voice was chill as she glanced from the horses to Quiviril. "And, might I ask, what would you be doing with our horses?" She glanced at Meradon; she'd no idea where his horse had come from, or by who, but she'd paid quite well for the bay. And she wasn't very fond of losing money. Night stood nearby, a knife in hand. Meradon seemed to be at ease, but he was ready to spring with his claws. Micarius's hand rested on his sword's hilt.
Glaring at the half-elf, Narwinia strode forward, and untied her own horse. "If you please," she said, her accent heavy in her anger. "I don't like wasted money."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night put away his dagger and resed his hand on his sheathed sword. They all glared at the stranger who held Meradon's horse. Night muttered something in elvish making the horse run out of the stranger's grasp and to Meradon.
"You can have this horse or," Night made a loud whistle and an impressive white mare stroad into the clearing, already saddled. "Or this horse." The stranger chose the new horse from the extremly impressive white coat.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"A bargain," said Quiviril. "One horse is as good as another." Especially, he thought, when you're outnumbered four to one. "As for your question, madame, one of the horses was mine. The other was unattended." He shrugged expressively.
"I see," said Narwinia coldly.
"Speaking of the stallion, I like to know the names of my customers." He looked at Meradon.
"My name is Meradon," he said, mounting the horse. "No need to tell me your name. You are Quiviril Vatheran, the great travelling merchant."
"And how do you know that?" asked the merchant, surprised.
"A mutual acquaintance, as I told the stableboy."
"Who?" pursued Quiviril.
Meradon patted his horse's neck. "Dominox here," he said.
"You speak with horses?" asked Narwinia.
"I can converse with all creatures I do not eat, and some of those I do," he replied. The others looked at him in disbelief, Narwinia with disgust.
Quiviril laughed airily. "That's all very well-" for children, his tone said "- but really, it is late. Why don't we settle down here for the remainder of the night, and get to know one another better?"

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"And be slaughtered in our sleep?" Micarius mounted his winged friend, his hand still on the sword. "I think not. Goblins are unpredictable and if we stay here where the roc landed, we will be slain. On the other hand if they think the Lord of New Tharlis sent us..." He left the other part unsaid as he trotted to the cliff. "Besides I need to get a new pair of armor before I go attacking or raiding lairs again. I hate the thought of being an archery target."

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"They're not to bright and they've got very bad eyesight. We can hide here," Night said while cutting some wood. "Help me out Micarius."
"What are you trying to do," asked Micarius, taking out his sword.
"Build a shelter. We have enough wood here for at least a few shafts but we need to get more in those woods."
"And food," ask Narwinia.
"Trouble go find some mushrooms and some spices," said to the Roc standing near him. The bird whistled to him.
"And some fish and I'll even cook them for you." The bird then took off.
"Ah his name is trouble," said Meradon.
"Yes. It took me 10 years to learn his language. How'd you learn so many."
"I'll tell you later. First go get some shafts."

Micarius and Night went out into the woods looking forgood shafts when they saw a drayd. Night and Micarius both took out there swords but the drayd showed no sign of aggresion. It instead of attacking was singing a very beutiful and seductive song. Neither Micarius or Night could withstand the sound and dropped their swords. They both loved the drayd and started to follow it all the way into it's cave. Suddenly both Micarius and Night realized what was going on and reached for their swords. They weren't there. They looked around at the drayds that were about to sacrifice them. The drayds started singing and kissing the two men to keep them into a trance. They both were in a spell of unawareness. A loud whistle a awoke the two men because it drwoned out the singing. Trouble swept with it's talons dug deep into one drayd. The bird then lept onto another. Night grabbed a talon on the floor and started to attack a drayd. Micarius was deep into the spell. Night protected him from attacking drayds. He slayed the last one and Micarius finaly woke up.
"I never encountered a drayd before," said Micarius following Night out of the cave. It was still around midnight when the bird went back to foraging and Night and micarius went back to cutting shafts and firewood.

[ 23 November 2002, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: