Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dragon King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I see..." Micarius' voice trailed off as he gathered the last of his belongings. "Well I leave within the hour. Be ready."
Night saluted him as he walked out to the common room.
"An interesting lad the warrior is." Micarius mused to himself in an elvish dialect. "And an akward team we shall make the lot of us. Fragile Meradon, injured elf, a human lad, and-"
"A Beserking half-elf." A voice came from the air. It's sound like ash in the wind with a dialect like a snake. "You four fools! You won't last long."
"Who's there!" Micarius barked, drawing his sword. "Show yourself."
"Oh you will see me in time, Micarius." The voice came again. "And one by one I shall devour you all!" The voice broke out in a menacing laugh that made his spine freeze like ice, until the voice left.
The half-elf sheathed his sword and headed to the common room.

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Meradon raised his cup to the disgusted expression on Nar's face.
"Your health, my lady," he murmured. He sipped at the glass.
"I repeat, where do you intend to go?"
"I do not know," replied Meradon, dipping his bread again. "I go where the half-elf goes. Where that may be - perhaps he can tell you. He comes now." He gestured elegantly at the door into the room, through which Draconor entered. Behind him came Night.
"Perhaps it will be more than myself and him." He nibbled at his bread. "Maybe my lady will accompany us?"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia cocked her head, and looked from Macarius and Meradon.
"I suppose," she sighed out. "Not much more lays ahead of me." She looked toward Draconor and Night, sizing them up as she had not had a chance to do previously.
"Well," she called when they were near enough. "Where is it you plan to go?"

[ 11 November 2002, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin, Archmagus ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I go west, to the hills." Micarius replied, approaching the two. "If you all wish to go, I suggest you suit up, I leave after my meal."
The others nodded as they continued their meals and checked their possecions. Micarius took a seat and quitly pondered over mathematic calulations and tatics in his head, as well as juggling over the strang voice that confronted hims as he ate his hot porridge. Summer was not a good day for a hot breakfast, but with the fight he was planning, it would satisfy him for the day.

A foul wind in the east The old man thought to himself as he sat cross-legged in the small cluttered shack he called home. Before him white sticks of a strange animal, with blue and red stripes across it, laid in dis-array. To nyone it was another mess to clean up, but to him, it was a way to read the future, and the future was very dark. "Darkness comes from the mountains of the Northern sky, and it's shadow, lies in waiting in the eastern hills." He muttered to himself. "And what do we have here? Ice moves upon hot steel? And the faint presence of great beings, long since forgotten?"
A bitter smile cracked his lips as the conflicting emotions of fear and hope flooded his face.
"The Promise has returned to the flesh and the Divine has stretched forth it's mighty hand to the Children of the Trees." He cackled in delight.

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Meradon was the first to finish. He rose, like smoke, the glass still in his hand.
"To a successful journey, my lords," he said, and drained it slowly. He set the goblet back on the table. "Whatevr it is you seek."
The others did not answer, probably not even hearing his low voice At least not draconor, who seemed abstracted. Meradon slipped out of the Inn.
He came quickly to the Inn's stables. He roused a sleeping boy, and directed him to bring out the black stallion. The boy did as he was bid; he even bsaddled and bridled the animal. But when he emerged leading the horse, however, he stopped suspiciously.
"This 'orse belongs to the trader, Vatheran," he said. "Why do you want it?"
"You mean Quiviril Vatheran, the great travelling merchant," corrected Meradon.
"You met 'im, then. Don't give you the right to take one of 'is 'orses."
"Say, rather, I know of him. A mutual acquaintance arranged it so that I could borrow this horse."
"So you're sayin' Vatheran's allowin' this?"
"You put it so well."
The boy grudgingly surrendered the reins to Meradon. The ex-assasin seemed to float into the saddle. He brought his acquisition around to the front of the Inn, and waited for the others to come out.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night pays then walks out.
"You're going to need something to ride. You're going to have a hard time keeping up with us," said Meradon.
"First of all, I could go faster than that horse. Second, I have my own means of transportation," replied Night while picking up a stone. Night muttered something making the rock glow then threw the rock into the air. The rock exploded making a flare.
"Nice but if the rock was your transportation then-." A Roc landed right infront of Night showing his back to him with his wings spread out.
Night took out a special saddle and threw it over the bird's neck.

"Magicaly enchanted," said Night. "It won't fall off."

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Impressive." Meradon studied his gloved hands. "Of course, the reaction of the townsfolk will be a little uncertain. Still, your mount may prove useful for scouting." He murmured something to the horse, calming him down.
There was a commotion inside the Inn. The Innkeeper appeared at the door.
"What's all this?" he puffed, looking from the giant bird to Night the black-cloaked rider.
Meradon cantered over to him. He bent down so his voice could reach him. "Take it up with our captain, Draconor Micarius. I believe he's still inside." He straightened and addressed the air. "I wonder what he and my lady will be riding?"

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia sighed where she sat, and took a last drink from the glass before going back to her room. She pulled out a small bag she had had with her, still unpacked. Strapping it over her shoulder, she left the inn. Seeing Meradon mounted on the stallion, and Night standing besides a...a roc, she arched an eyebrow. she stared a moment, and nodded to them.
"I'll be back in a moment."
She walked into the stables, and came out leading a bay mare, her money purse considerably lighter. The horse wasn't saddled - the gear had cost too much extra. With a grimace, Narwinia made to jump up. By the time she sat on the horse's back, she was sweating, and her side was aching. She looked from Meradon to Night.
"Well? Anyone know where Micarius is?"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"He may not have something to ride," Night said while picking up another stone. "By the way what did you name your horses?"
"What did you name your Roc," asked Meradon
"Guardian," replied Night. The Roc looked at Night.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius downed the remnants of his drink as the Innkeeper approached him rubbing his hands nervously. "Excuse me, ah, Captain Draconor."
"Yes, I will be paying for the damages in the room." Micarius replied absently as he checked his supplies.
"That's not what I am refering to, sir."
"Then it's about the elven lady?"
"In a way..." The innkeeper hesitated. "Its about Sir Night and Meradon."
Micarius looked down at the innkeeper "And what about them?"
"Meradon just stole a horse, and he claims it was arranged for him. And Night has brought a Roc near my Inn." He grimaced and then continued. "Niether is good company for my busness"
"Is that your important querstion? Is it? Micarius' anger seemed to turn the room into an icy cave as the innkeeper nodded. "Innkeeper You should of all men know that the people are not bothered by them any more than cultists and rogues come in for the night! I am not responsible for what they do, but it should not concern you! Now get out of My way before I do worse to you and your employees than what I did to that goblin!"
The Innkeeper's face went white as Micarius left the door.
"There you are!" Nar replied, hands on hips. "You said to be ready and your the one who's slacking! Where's your steed?"
"I have no need for a steed." Micarius replied coldly, "My transportation awaits outside."
The half-elf gave a sharp shrill whistle so high it sent the dogs in Tharlis yelping and whining until it stopped. Minutes passed as an almost silver Pegasus whined as it charged towards the group.
"This is Arwina." HE told them as he mounted. "She's a godd flier, and the fastest creature in Ardania. Aside from you Meradon. Let's ride!"

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night dropped the stone and mounted Guardian. They took off following the pegasus.
"You're going to have to follow me. The outpost heavily guarded with towers, archers, vargs and war groups, scouts, and a technoligy I heard about while raiding it."
"What kind of technoligy," asked Micarius.
"I heard it can fly."

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"A flying fortress?" Micarius stopped the pegasus as Night nodded. "Anything else I should know?"
"Other than it's almost impossible to enter...no"

Juliac walked through the woods of Lormedia, undisturbed except for the ocassional peasant or watchman. "Evil masses in Tharlis. Darkness covers the dawn, as The elements defy his power!"
He mused observing the empty creature lairs and fortresses nearby. "Evil calls for his own and will pierce the sky. Ice and Wind can reach what Fire and Earth cannot. Not good not good at all, the four elements must work together as one!"
He muttered and chattered through the trails, heading for Tharlis, heading for those who could save mankind.

On the party rode, west and north, west and north until Night stopped and pointed to a dark castle below. "There." He told Micarius. "That's the Fortress."
Micarius dismounted and crouched at the edge. "Shrine of Pyrathas." He grimaced. "That was once the shrine and resting place of the Dragon Pyrathas. Once the friend of humanity, and the one who died saving Darmik. Why are they interested in it? It barely has defences."
"It can fly, remember?" Night came behind him.
"Yes, but so can dragons. And the Ardanian Dragons are the strongest in firepower." Micarius replied, never moving to look at night.
"Do you have an Idea of a way into it?" Narwina asked.
"It will take speed and stealth, two of which I don't have." Micarius cursed.

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I possess them, my lord," said Meradon, rousing himself. He had slept through the journey, letting the horse guide himself. He studied the castle below. "It does not look too difficult to enter."
"Appearances are deceiving," said Night.
"So they are." Meradon's hood tilted back, studying the sky. Clouds were gathering, obscuring the westering sun. "An hour or more, and I would guess it will be as black as night. Those clouds are not natural."
"Tell me something I don't know," growled Draconor.
"As my lord wishes. Evil always wishes to work in the darkness, to hide from the eyes of the just. Who knows better than I?" The whispering voice was bitterly sarcastic. "However, I shall teach them that darkness is not their friend."
Meradon dismounted. He looked at Draconor. "I can infiltrate the castle. But what is my target to be?"

It was after noon when Quiviril Vatheran, travelling merchant extraordinaire, arose from slumber. He went down to the common room and ordered himself a very late breakfast. The Innkeeper himself served it.
"Good afternoon, Innkeeper," Quiviril said merrily. His voice was smooth, musica, with a hint of an Elven accent. His clothes were fine if somewhat travel-stained. His skin carried a bluish tint, as did his hair, and his ears showed a slight point.
"Is it," muttered the Innkeeper sourily.
"Why, my good man!" Quivirl's voice rose in consternation. "You are not yourself. Come now, tell me what ails you."
"Aye well, some guests made a row this morning. Dreadful scene. One of them went off with a horse of yours. Said he'd arranged it with you."
"Not. with me." Quiviril smiled. "Bold fellow. I admire men of style. I must meet him."
"He left, and good riddance." the Innkeeper went off.
Quiviril ate with meal, still smiling. Then he packed his wares, and went out to the stables. Five - four now - of the horses here were his. He had won them in a bet, and had decided to enter the horse market. Selecting one, he charged the stableboy to release no more to perfect strangers.
"Now, to give you a name," murmured the Half-Elven merchant. He snapped his fingers. "Ah yes. Seeing as how I came to honour my ancestor's memory by claiming his proterty for myself, I shall name in you his honour. Xetran you shall be." He mounted and rode off in the direction the stableboy intimated that the others had gone.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Meradon, If you can get up to the castle without being seen, then go ahead. Try and find a secret entrance into the lair. From my knowledge, there was a monk enterance in a cave to the west. If there is no way in for the rest of us, come back and We'll find a different way." Micarius pointed to a small rocky area just below the shrine. "Think you can do that?"
"I wouldn't have offered my help if I couldn't accomplish anything." Meradon's whisper saw low, but still understandable.
"Try not to kill anything unless there's no choice. Remember the Fortress may be able to fly, no need to signal an alarm.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Wait," said Night coming from behind Meradon.
"Yes," said Meradon.
"I'm coming. I'm just as fast as you and I got in there before."
"Ok but your sure you can help?"
"Yes. I din't tell Micarius this but there are also goblin planes. There are also goblin civilians in there. If you're going to kill any make sure there warriors."
"As long as you keep up with me you can help."

[ 15 November 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: