Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia glanced around the rooms. It was by no means small. She shot a look at the man who awaited her answer. She shook her head slightly in annoyance.
"Fine. I'll find out if the inkeeper has an extra cot." She stood slowly, favouring how far she stretched her arm and pulled at the wound. Nar walked calmly out the door, obviously in a much better state than she had been upon arriving.

When she came to the bar, she tapped against the polished wood to gain the man's attention.
"Yes?" He walked over, carrying an ale mug that he was deftly polishing.
"I need an extra cot for my room, if you don't mind." Oh, how she wished she could speak Elven, instead of the crude Common. She reached into a money pouch that hung low on her leg, and withdrew twenty goins, all gold with an elven profile imprinted on them. She dropped them on the bar.
"It's fifteen extra for a cot."
Narwinia sighed disgustedly, but withdrew the required money. The innkeep disapeared into a back room, and came out with an unfolding cot. She took it, carrying it on her left side, so as not to further injur herself.

Reaching the room again, she leaned the cot against the wall, not unfolding it. She was breathing hard; apparently, she'd lost more blood than she thought. When she regained her breath, she crouched down to set up the cot.
"I don't have a problem with sharing the room," she lied. "But I can't say I'll be staying around after tonight."

[ 06 November 2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin, Archmagus ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Here, my lady; allow me." Meradon glided over to help her. Quickly he had it set up. "I thank you for your consideration, Lady Narwinia. Truly, it was unnecesary. I could have slept in a chair."
"Aren't you sleeping on the bed?" she asked. His raised his eyebrows, a gesture lost on her because of the hood.
"Darkness, no, my lady. You are wounded, and had this room first. 'Twould be most inconsiderate of me to pre-empt your resting-place."
"Thank you," she said. She sat back down on the edge of her bed. Meradon reclined on the cot, on his side, taking care that the hood still shadowed his face. The two men still regarded his with suspicion.
"Pray, continue with your conversation," he said. "Mind me not."
"Why are you lying down?" demanded the second man. "Are you injured too?"
"No, though I thank you for your concern." The sarcasm was gentle. "It is just that I walked briskly to get here, before the Moon rose. I will rest a little before I rise."
"Actually, there's nothing against his laying down," said the first man. "After all, it is late." Looking at the stranger he added, "My name is Micarius, by the way. Micarius Draconor. What's yours?"
"Meradon," he answered. The hood shifted toward the other. "And yours?"
"Night," he answered.
"An admirable name," murmured Meradon.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night sat staring at Meradon, wondering if he should trust him. He was led into ambushes by people who didn't say mush about themselves.
"Well if your tired I guess you should eat a little," said Night, while handing him the plate of meat.

Micarius pulls Night aside.
"Tomorrow can you show me the goblin outpost?"

[ 07 November 2002, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Falotar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Meradon set the meat aside. Nar, observing this, asked "Why don't you eat it?"
"It is . . . too coarse, my lady," he replied, after some hesitation. "If it were stewed for several hours, and minced, then I could eat it - maybe; even thus prepared, Hellbear meat might be too tough."
"I see." So, his reason was not her reason. She lay back, wondering. Meradon rolled over on his stomach, his face looking over at the two men. Even while he drifted into slumber, his ears picked up their conversation, as information to be used when he awoke.
Which would be in a few hours. Normally he would not slept at all, now, when the Sun was gone and the Moon waned. Night was, for him, the time for action. Day was the time to hide, to rest while danger passed overhead. But, wearied from his exertions to reach the Inn, he slept for now.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia's eyes were held on the man. Even as he slept - or she assumed he slept; his head was still concealed - she watched, wary of the stranger she shared a room with.
Nar stiffled a yawn, and glanced at Night and Micarius. "He's got the right idea," she said, nodding toward Meradon. "You both have rooms of your own, correct?"
"Yes. We'll see you in the morning?" Night asked.
"Perhaps." Her reply was indeifferent. She barely knew the two - and she knew the other even less. The two men took their leave, supposedly going to their own rooms. Narwinia leaned back on the bed, and shut off the bedside light, plunging the room into darkness, save the moonlight seeping in. She stayed awake as long as her tired body would let her, but soon sleep claimed her, and she drifted into blank-mindedness with her head still turned in Meradon's direction.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Dragon King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"I want you to show me this outpost now." Micarius told night as he closed the door.
"Now? In the dark? At this hour?" Night asked, half-believing Micarius as a madman.
"Yes now, come!" Micarius hissed as he led the young man to his room. "There has been to many children of the Caves here near New Tharlis. I want to see where you claimed to have spotted yours."
He pulled out a map of Ardania written in elvish writing. Fresh new marks outlined the area around tharlis, and it's providence.
"Now where is or was this outpost?"
Night examined the map laid before him and pointed to a clearing south east of the city. "There." He said "It was there near a river, freshly built, but still it could have caused quite a nuisance to the farm lands. Why?"
Micarius stared at the map for a time before answering. "The army that attacked me was surprised to see me, and believed I would send for others. They must have been heading for the outpost. And with these outposts and towers, and other such goblin lairs, I suspect there on to something big! really big! They never massed this much since..."
"Since the Yindas Giran!" Nuight exclaimed.
Micarius muttered a few curses in an elven dialect similar to Night's own language. Yindas Giran, or Wars of destiny in common tongue, was the last great battle between good and evil. It was that battle where five great dragons took the stand to defend man and elf alike. Thier sacrifice, and the prophecy came from it. And now soon they would return.

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

It was about midnight when Meradon arose. Nar was asleep, if lightly; he heard her breathing pattern. He unlidded his eyes. Small, thin, but piercing beams of wan light shot out from them. He made his way, silent as a cloud, to the door, He eased it open, and slid out
Quietly he made his way ut of the inn. He propsed to explore this city. The Inn was on the outer edges of New Tharlis. He passed in deeper.
Near a Temple to Agrela, he stopped. He threw back his hood. Immediately he felt the moonlight touch his hair and exposed skin, slowly begin melting it away. Moonlight was subtle; if Meradon did not keep track of his exposure to it, it would disintegrate him without him feeling the slightest pain. But, for a moment he pretended that he was no different then any other creature out for a stroll in the darkness.
He contemplated the Temple before him. Of all the Gods, Agrela was the one that he had the most sympathy for. Krolm was closer to him, perhaps,as he was almost a wild creature himself; but there was no love lost between him and Barbarians. Glaring Helia and shifting Lunord he distrusted for obvious reasons. It was no more their fault then his, his being what he was, but still it was their symbols which did him most harm. Krypta he had no use for, nor Fervus. Daeth had its place, but his existence was precious to him, if mutilated. Chaos, he felt, embodied what had happened to him, and he was naturally bitter. He was too unfamiliar with the ways of men to even understand Dauros, but to his mind it could too easily become a system of burdensome restrictions and empty gestures. Only Agrela truly stood out. She was the patron of Life, and he found comfort in thinking that his life was as valuable to her as any other being's.
So caught up in his reverent musings upon the mercy inheent in the Good Mother and her followers that he almost missed the vile odour that wafted past him. Finally his acute nose forced his brain to register it, and he swung around. His glowing eyes probed the darkness. His pointed ears stood like alert sentries. He traced the scent into an alley.
Pausing to pull up his hood, for he didn't need his head to fall off while he pursued his prey, he flowed after the creature - the Goblin. He had smelled that stench too frequently not to recognize it. He found the little fellow just as he was peering into the next street.
Meradon pulled on his gloves. The fabric ripped. Ivory-white claws come through the fingertips. He grinned. After all, the hunter was enspelled into him, much as he disavowed it. He pounced.
"EE -" shrieked the Goblin as the hand closed about its throat. The cry choked off. Meradon swung the creature to face him.
"Now, child of Grum-gog," whispered Meradon, "what do you here in the city of Men?" He let his hand moved so that it no longered strangled the prisoner.
"I might ask the same of you," spat the Goblin defiantly. "You're no Man." Yellow eyes stared meaningfully into pale, luminescent orbs.
"That is beside the point." His claws dug into the little creatures neck. The Goblin hissed in pain, but did not cry out. He wanted attention far less than did Meradon.
"All rihgt, all right! I'm on a spying mission. Grum-gog stirs again. But he does not yet have the strength for a destruction of humanity. So he seeks first to ally with them, dupe certain ones into trusting him until it is too late."
"I see." Meradon set the Goblin down, for his arm was tiring of supportng the creature's weight. "Well. It is no concern of mine, of course, if this place falls - though 'twould be a shame to see the entire human race go under. I doubt it will. Still, I suppose you should not be alowed to go free. I shall deliver you safely to a man who has had disputes with Goblins."
The Goblin looked about. Free from the strange man's grasp, he obviously thought to escape.
"Do not bother trying. Though weaker than Man or Elf, I am much, much quicker."

Perforce, the goblin marched sullenly before his captor. The second storey landing, Meradon made him halt. He needed to trace the scent of old Goblin blood, and did not need new Goblin blood fouling the trail. At last he found the door, and returned for his prisoner. The Goblin, afraid of what this stranger might do, had not moved.
"Now for it," said Meradon. He moved his charge along with gentle pushes. At legnth they reached Draconor's room. Meradon knocked, rather loudly. He did not bother calling out; his voice would never penetrate a door.

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius stood at the table, observing his map as Night left the room muttering about something to low for him to hear. A bead of sweat trickled down his nose, reminding him of the helmet and armor he still wore. He removed his helmet and let his long brown hair flow just past his shoulders. With a hooded cape or helmet on, he looked like a human, but a careful observer wold notice his pointy ears and blue streaks in his hair. Micarius prefered to keep his elven heritage secret, a far better advantage against the enemy. He put his helmet by his sword near the bed and continued to observe the map, caculating tatics and pouring over strategies.
Hours later he heard a knock at the door.
"Enter." Micarius responded as he kept his attention to the door.
The door creaked as the mysterious meradon entered, with a creature. "I have someone you would like to see, Micarius." He said in his soft voice.
"Oh?" Micarius turned to see the goblin captive face to face, and his face went red in anger. "I knew you couldn't be trusted! You are in league with the Children of the caves! Tell me what did they promise you? Money? Power? You betrayed us all!"
"Peace! Knight!" Meradon continued. "I have merely captured him, and found some useful information. I thought you would like to question him further."
Micarius nodded, but kept his sword in his hand.
"This worm told me why they are here."
"Oh?" Micarius raised an eyebrow at the goblin.
"He claims that Grumgog stirs again. Yet he is still too weak to exterminate mankind, so he will ally with fools and kill them when it is too late.
I brought him for you to decide his fate."
Micarius drew a hidden dagger and lurched for the goblin. The creature squeaked as Micarius lifted the dageer to it's throaght.
"You worms never get do you?" Micarius barked. "Grumgog was sealed in his eternal prison long ago, and shall never return."
"Wrong!" the goblin smiled. "He is free once again and it will be him who will prevail! All he needs to do is find the five dragons who returned and slay them before their powers develop! Then Mankind shall soon serve us as it should have been so long ago."
"The five dragons?" Meradon mused.
"All men should know this Meradon, even you." Micarius replied, pressing the dagger closer to the goblin's neck. "The five dragons were the children of the Dragon King, the Father of all dragons. Each Dragon carried powers of each of the gods and an elemental gift. They died saving mankind, and legends foretell their return."
"And with them gone, The great father of Destruction shall Prevail." The goblin's voice rang with praise. "I die for you Grumgog!"
"Oh you'll die for him alright!" Micarius lowered the dagger as he walked to his sword. "You'll die as your friends died at my hands." He threw the dagger towards the goblin's throaght, and smiled as the goblin sputtered out blood.
"I would like to know your side of the tale, Merdon, and take of the hood!"

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Meradon reached up and pulled away the hood. Wan silver hair spilled down to his shoulders. It framed a face fine-boned and exquisite but dead white. Pointed ears thrust through the dull locks.
"An . . . Elf?" asked Draconor.
"More or less." Meradon laughed softly. "Or, should I say, more and less?"
"What do you mean?"
Meradon looked away from the probing gaze. "I am not . . . undead."
"That is not what I mean."
"Oh, my lord?" Meradon looked at him from the corner of his eye, and smiled slightly.
"If aren't Elf, then what -?"
"My parents were Elven." Meradon turned his head again to face the other. Sharply he added "Does not that make me Elven?"
"Hmmm." Draconor stared at him. "You are like no Elf I've ever since."
"I apologize, my lord," said Meradon, the faint smile flickering over his face again. "But my journey was long. My appearance doubtless leaves something to be desired."
"That is not what I mean!"
Silence fell over the room. Meradon was unwilling to reply farther. Draconor retrieved his dagger. He raised it, studying it. Meradon laughed again.
"Do you threaten, my lord?"
"No," said Draconor coldly. He cleaned it as best he could and tucked it away. "But I still want your story."
"Very well." Meradon glided to a chair and sat. "I shall try to keep it brief. At the age of five, my parents were slain, and I was brought into the household of the Wizard Morvallin. He raised me . . ." a spasm of pain shot swiftly over the pallid features ". . . and trained me to be an assasin. The Wizard had many enemies, and was trying to create an army to deal with them. I, however, did not like his methods - as I said before - and, at about sixteen or seventeen years of age, I fled his hidden keep by underground paths known only to myself. So I most of the rest of my life, hiding in caves and searching for food in darkness. For, understand my lord, I sicken in sunlight and in moonlight. For over a score of years I lived thus, mnoving from concealment to concealment. I had a few dealings with Barbarians, though not friendly -" he grimaced "- and so learned of humans. I made it my business to discover a human settlement, and so came here."
"You have no connection with the Goblins?" asked Draconor.
"None, I swear it," answered Meradon. "I have met them a few times, and neither of us savour the memory. Quite a few times; there massing near here, and though I am their superior in the dark, it was tricky avoiding their larger patrols. Naturally I knew you disagreed with Goblins as well -"
"Why 'naturally'? Did you hear me say so?"
"Nay, my lord; I could smell their blood on you, and still can. Having find our mutual friend skulking about -" his eyes glanced to the corpse "- I thought I would bring him hither, and learn why your two races quarrelled. The Wizard did not see fit to teach me much about Ardanian history, you see."

The Dragon King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Micarius sheathed his sword and cleaned his dagger. "I guess I have no orher choice tha to trust you, Meradon." He paused over the map then continued. "I will keep your secret, but I am afraid you must make a choice in the matter, of which could cost you your life."
Meradon looked at Micarius in confusion and awareness.
"If you want to leave the sttlement soon, then now is a good time, or if you wish to know the history about Ardania, I can tell you. But it could take weeks, and I plan to stop these goblin advancements starting tommorrow."
Meradon nodded as he covered his head again.
"I wouldn't advise staying with me, I am known to slay anything that moves and might attack you by accident."

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

"Then staying with you should prove to be interesting," replied Meradon. "I assure you, do not fear that you will cause me harm; my senses are to sharp for an accident, and I feel, my lord, that I stand a chance against you in fair fight." He raised his hand in salute; the firelight gleamed off the claws now exposed. "Fare well until the morning."
Merdadon slipped out of the room, out of the Inn, and back into the night. He went to the stables, where he studied the horses. He spoke quietly to one for an hour or so; then wandered off. He strayed in the streets until sunrise, when he went back to the Inn's common room.

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Narwinia awoke slowly. She blinked as the sun streamed in. She sat up, noticing at once that Meradon was gone. Frowning, she went about her businness, washed her face and got dressed. She whispered the words to a protective spell - one far stronger than that she used the night before - and stepped out of the room. Quietly - silently, some owuld say - she made her way down to the common room. Sitting at an empty table, she called for whatever the woebegotten in had in place of meat, and a glass of wine.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Meradon laid his last four pieces og gold on the counter, in return for a goblet of wine and a piece of bread. Then he drifted over to Narwinia's table, and sat down.
"A good morrow, my lady," he whispered agreeably. He sliced a piece of bread off with a claw, and dipped it into his wine.
Narwinia started. She glanced at the claws, then into the hood. "You were not in the room this morning," she said for lack of anything else.
"I arose earlier then you," he said, biting into his sodden slice.
"Hmmm. What do you intend to do today?"
"You recall, of course, my Lord Draconor."
"I wouldn't call him a lord, but yes, I I remember him. My memory's not that bad."
"I had a little conference with him - should I say this morning or last night? I have decided to ride with him, wherever it is he goes today."
"You have a horse?"
"Not in the sense of owning one, my lady, but there is one here that will serve me."

Raistlin, Archmagus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

She nodded curtly. Something about him put her on edge. "I see. Where will you two be going, may I ask?"
She took a sip of the wine, holding it daintily between forefinger and thumb, staring at Meradon over the rim of the glass. She'd thought he only meant for meat to be soaked, from what the...man (and she hesitated to say so, even in her thoughts)said the night before. She clenched her teeth momentarily. Anyone who oculd stomache meat...disgusted her. Feh.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Tales of Ardania: Draconic Resurrections Reply with quote Back to top

Night walks in to Micarius' room with his cloak and armour and on and his sword sheathed.
"I am coming with you and Meradon. And Narwinia wants to come too," said Night.
"You overheard," said Micarius. "But you both can come."
"I was told by Narwinia."
"Is she feeling better," asked Micarius.
"Much. All thanks to that healer."
"Than why didn't she ask?"
"I was done packing and she just got started."

[ 10 November 2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: