Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Supersonic Scroll Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulSHart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Supersonic Scroll Syndrome Reply with quote Back to top

I know someone else has got to have this issue...

When I use the mouse to scroll.... it scrolls so fast that it is unmanageable.

Before responding... ponder the following:

1. The processor speed is not causing the 'SSS' issue because the game plays at proper speed and similar to how it played on my older system.

2. Using a third party program to 'slow' down the processor or bog it down won't work because, again... it is not a processor issue. (And yes... I have already tried quite a few of them.)

3. It is not the accellerated mouse scrolling option in the game preferences. I have made sure that is off.

4. Jumping the screen by using the minimap is not a viable alternative.

Finally... HELP!

This game has always been a mainstay for me and I want to be able to play it with the control I am used to. Hopefully, someone will have some genius answer that will work and all will be well in the kingdom. If not, I may have to build an 'OLD' pc just so I can play this game properly.

P.S. For those techie types out there... I am leaning toward XP and mouse drivers, irq's and such. The only thing is that my mouse don't have scrolling issues in other older games. Maybe the way the interface is programmed for the mouse driver in this particular game? I know some games allow you to use a hardware mouse cursor vs. game cursor. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is something in Windows XP.

When we upgraded to XP, we began having the same issue with fast-scrolling in Majesty. As far as I know, there is no way to fix it. We have just become used to playing the game with that scroll-speed.

But you're right, it's irritating as hell.

- Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, same problem here. You just have to get used to it. I still can't beat some quests because of it. But (if you don't already), you might consider using the hot-keys more often. It helps a lot.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it really bugs you (and its an issue strictly related to the XP OS), why not have a "Majesty" partition with Win 95/95 as the OS?
I know that might sound like a drastic solution to a minor problem, but it would have the advantage that you could also run other "vintage" games in the OS for which they were designed.
Now all you have to do is secure '95 drivers for all you essential hardware.. Piece of cake, right?

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone hack the Executable please ?
Oh wait, EULA said no Hacking Sad

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uggg.... I have the same problem Confused . I use Windows XP Home Edition on a super-cool comp. I usually use the mini-map to look around to what I want to see. But you can get used to it. Hard to, though. Confused

BTW, I had stopped playing Majesty for awhile and I am now playing again. Majesty ROCKS!

Penetang

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can work around this problem with Windows XP by playing around with your mouse settings in the Control panel:

Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options

I turned the pointer speed down one notch, and turned off the Enhance pointer precision option.

Marcostheblack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured out a true fix, Cyberlore should have documented it for people having troubles, it's a hack, but hey, if it works, right? It also shouldn't go against the EULA, since the registry keys arn't technicaly part of the software.

I made a new topic, just to draw in people who are also looking for a fix instead of skimming over topics like these that they've read time and time again over the years.
http://www.cyberlore.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5692

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: