Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

If you could pick a new home for Majesty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: If you could pick a new home for Majesty... Reply with quote Back to top

Just to keep things on a positive note...

If you could pick any developer or publisher to take on the task of creating Majesty 2 - who would it be?

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure,...

Who do you want to work for? Wink

Stainless Steel Studios in Cambridge has a decent history of strategy games, as does Mad Doc Software from Lawrence. Both are Massachusetts based devs which would give me some chance of working with you again. Very Happy
"One by one the penquins are stealing my sanity..."

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I say the laid-off staff should start their own company, and buy the franchise for 5$, with monthly installments Wink.

Actually I haven't got a clue - it's been quite a while since a game was released that I want to buy, as all the good developers seem to turn belly-up these years.

As a player, I hope Majesty will find a developer who won't turn it into a AoE-clone or worry too much about MP and "balance" Rolling Eyes. Trouble is, this will not be the safe road to walk down....

I you can't sell it, give it to Alfryd Cool.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and if you sell it to a company near Ven, please make them promise to make the volume of the Advisor adjustable Razz.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Petroglyph Studios - SAN FRANCISCO

These guys have a good record with RTS, including C&C, they would be next to the ideal choice for the job if they are not so busy.

Phenomic Development – Germany

These are the spellforce people. I want to say they are the most experienced group with combining RPG and RTS elements.

Bluebyte – Germany

These people settlers’ series under their belt, this series have by far the most supplicated economy model of any RTS to date.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
These people settlers’ series under their belt, this series have by far the most supplicated economy model of any RTS to date.

Didn't they kind of kill that off in the latest installment in the series?

RTS and RPG experience is all well and good, particularly with heavy economics, but you'd need someone with heavy-duty Sim experience to beef up the AI. Maxis or Tilted Mill (formerly Impressions,) say.

Sigh... Yosemite Studios, Impressions, now Cyberlore... I seem to have a thing for novel games produced by companies that ultimately go belly-up.
"Bad News Mr. Wright. Alfryd loves your Spore Demo."
"Shoot! Better resume work on 'The Sims 4- Navel-Gazing' instead..."
Quote:
If you can't sell it, give it to Alfryd.

Seriously, whoever gets it, some kind of semi-official stipulation that the people working on HoA could keep up their work would be appreciated.

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is pretty logical, fellow Barbarian. You see, you are innovative, but being innovative logically mean you are different from the masses, which buys games and provides funding for them.

Real good games will be built by hobbyist at home who do it for fun.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BlueByte would be an interesting choice since Settlers was one of the inspiration sources that led to Majesty...

whmice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is realy sad
im not so good with developer and such, but i like the community close ones
(bioware) and the less commercialized:... hmmm which most of have been bought or died.
blizzard were nice but they turned into a corp. especialy with "wow".
what ever you do stay clear of microsoft and EA:
aoe is a great game but it lacks "something" and all of EAs game have become like a factory, maxis turned into dust and so did bullfrog (wow i looooved dungeon keeper). and well with homm well have to see what ubi have done, so far they realy care for their players in the forum.
you ("cyberlore") were my favorite, with the developer oriented forums and the majestic game Wink . and last there is c&c and dune of which i absolutly loved the old games and the newer ones are a bore (dune2000, c&c tiberian sun). and the only ones left in one of my more favored geners is cyan worlds which somehow keep it very good and they are still alive and sellin (we all must know what will happen after "the end of the ages"
and out of the mess we are only left with the "fan-games" heroes6 that will, might maybe i dunno come out ... globulation etc.
i must say Greg Costikyans doom looks pretty promising although i disagree with alot of what he says.
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

Krypta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The latest C&C game was made by EA (probably the only good game they've made)

Some of my favourite games have been made by Activision. They've made some pretty unique games like the total war and civilisation series.

Majesty was the only Cyberlore game I liked (I played Mechwarrior 4 but it was awful compared to Mechwarrior 3). Still a real shame they've gone broke.
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

Noisy Rock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I strongly dislike EA. BlueByte is good. Also, Bethesda tends to put a good deal of effort in their games. As current HoA project leader, a keep-going from the Majesty IP owners would greatly be appreciated, by the way.

Lurn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Illwinter Game Design or Triumph Studios. Best fantasy game designers ever, though they usually write TBS games. A little TBS style wouldn't hurt Majesty a bit, though. (it of course would still be real-time -- by TBS style I mean the complexity and relative deepness found in TBS versus your average RTS).

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I guess I'm just bad with acronyms (this is the 2nd or 3rd I've asked about in a few months), but what is a "TBS" game?

mg420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the Spellcaster wrote:
Sorry, I guess I'm just bad with acronyms (this is the 2nd or 3rd I've asked about in a few months), but what is a "TBS" game?

tbs= turn based strategy (ala master of magic, heroes of might and magic, warlords 1-4, age of wonders).

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Virgin Ltd.

Richard Branson seems like a nice guy to work with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: