Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Jay gone & Majesty 2 cancelled?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mg420

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Jay gone & Majesty 2 cancelled? Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=1447

Mad

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's see what the official obitu.... er.... ahem... press release.... says tomorrow and we can comment from there.

But if Maj2 has been canned, there are going to be some hopping-mad loyal fans out here. One of them will be me.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad *sigh*
Prepare to start hopping...

bleh.....
"One by one the penquins are stealing my sanity..."

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel a Barbarian Rage coming on... oh yeah... feel the burn...
At least a HoA v2 will be coming out relatively soon. I wonder what'll happen to the forums?
Quote:
...According to what the now former Cyberlore marketing director Jay Adan told Gamecloud Saturday, the Massachusetts based company cut approximately two-thirds of its staff earlier this past week, including Adan.

Massive internal haemhorraging. Ouch.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this sucks... Sad

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Evil or Very Mad

grrrr.........

If the sequel is canned, well, let's just say that there will definatly be a lot of mad people. A lot. As Twy said, one will be me.

You'd better not try to do this, Cyberlore. There will be lots of repercussions, I'm sure. Loss of a fan base will only be one.

(I may be exaggerating here, but oh well, if it works, it works.)

Noman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh well. Sad I suppose that we should just get on with life... we can't miss what we've never had, I suppose. It's only a game, after all.

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H E R E S Y ! !

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/8/3

every industry kills creativity. The game industry is slowly becoming similar to that of TV entertainment. Good ideas don’t get funded, and games get more and more boring.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for that, Cooker. I'm still hoping Runescape's business model offers a possible exit.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There has to be something wrong, when so few developers on a crazy, ever-expanding market can turn a profit. Distribution could be it, console competition another, software pirates a third.

I really do prefer to buy games in a retail-shop, where I don't have to worry about overseas payment and different costumers laws/rules. But when I look at what I can choose between, I come home empty handed. I will seriously consider buying my future games directly from the developer when possible (Paradox Games is an example), so the money end up close to the creative forces - also to my own benefit in the long run.

vaneth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After a year of not posting (to the day), I find things the worst they could get.

I give up.

There is nothing to believe in anymore.

Majesty, it seems, will die with the rest of us.

Noman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh come on... Don't be so dramatic. Life goes on after Majesty. Don't worry;
fanfiction will always be around. Smile

Argitoth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Noman wrote:
fanfiction will always be around. Smile

YAY! *sarcasm*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Noman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What? Don't we all like fanfiction? Smile Smile

It's all we have left to look forward to for majesty. Oh! and Heroes of Ardania too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: