Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Jay gone & Majesty 2 cancelled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, there still is some hope for Majesty 2. Someone may buy rights to Majesty, and make a sequal to it themselves. While I admit it's not likely that it will happen, and even if it does, that it will not be much like what Cyberlore promised, there is hope for a sequal. Don't give up. As i said, there is still hope. There will always be hope in thw world, ifnot for the Majesty 2 game. The forums are staying as well (for now), and Jay's using what influence he has to keep it that way. Contine to hope, and take the word of Majesty to all!

Embarassed I just made a speech, didn't I?

whmice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: hope Reply with quote Back to top

yeah like homm5 which will come out soon (5months), although the heroes series did have a stronger background i do hope one day well have our majesty2
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"homm5"???

What's that?

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HOMM = Heroes of Might & Magic

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
whmice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy not the only freak here
has there been any official news? nothing on the main cyberlore page and the
Topic Reply Notification is still from "jadan" - jay adan
so whats going on?
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

WorldMuscle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Im sure majesty rights will be purchased, but I dont see a game happening within the next year.

We've been waiting how long now for the sequel? Like 3 years? Rediculous. The game had such amazing potential. Well I'm keeping my eyes on SPORE and Warhammer Winter Assault. Knights of Honor is a decent fantasy simulation game, but I"m still waiting for that next great fantasy game, and nboody has delivered in quite some time.

WorldMuscle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rofl, my last post was August 23 of 2003. Thats just sad

Lurn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I live the fury,
I eat the pain,
There's nothing to gain,
I've been driven insane,
Like a warrior of discord on the Central Plain,
Whoever cancelled Majesty II is my bane.

I suck at poetry. Ah well, it got the point across.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's better than anything I could do, I really stink at poetry. lol. Sounds more like rap music than anything, to me, at least.

M

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, don't be stupid. If cyberlore doesn't Make Majesty 2, MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!! I Mean, people can Make Glest for free, why not Maj2? You Might even be able to convince Cyberlore to give you what they've got so far.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
No, don't be stupid. If cyberlore doesn't Make Majesty 2, MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!! I Mean, people can Make Glest for free, why not Maj2? You Might even be able to convince Cyberlore to give you what they've got so far.

That would involve Cyberlore not making money from the sale of the franchise. So, it strikes me as improbable.
On the plus side, Glest appears not to suck.

Marcostheblack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M wrote:

Long have I pondered those [general] words...

My registering to post at this date isn't really a coincidence. I've been here and there with the community off and on since I played the origional Majesty long before the expansion pack was released. This past year i've been back again, lurking for news of Majesty 2 (Alas, the disapointment!), and Alfryd's origional project with the Warcraft Majesty mod had definately peeked my interest. Ironicly, I tried the same thing in ironicly the same engine a few years ago (didn't get as far as you, hats off by the way!)

I'm still unsure of what to do, but i'm interested in doing something...my skills are diverse. I'm a 3D Artist currently in my 2nd term of art school, but I am also currently Direct X (in C++), Practicing Web development, and managing the seeds of an online community. I have server space availible and share the passion for the game that unites every member of this grand community. I would like to do something, but to do it alone would be to fail before begining.
-----
Even if I were to start off with the work from Cyberlore that is currently done, I would probably rip apart the engine and start from scratch. I would much prefer any technical documents, concept art, and essentialy what the 'vision' was for the game. A lot of talent went into Majesty, i'd hate to see it lost by not pouring one's heart into the project.

My idea for a game was to be loosely based on Majesty at best. It would explore even further into the untapped wealth of new ideas (I hate mainstream games, and the things that have been done, and done again.) I hesitate to commit to any project because I fear you fans would be disapointed by the differences. But if any of you have interest in what I have to say, then by all means, let me know.

I will have to ponder more about what exactly I plan to do, but this oppertunity just seemed too good to be true. Majesty was wonderful, innovative, and humoured. I would be a fool not work with even a distantly related title. Now you'll have to forgive me, the night is late and I have class tomorrow.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
My registering to post at this date isn't really a coincidence. I've been here and there with the community off and on since I played the origional Majesty long before the expansion pack was released. This past year i've been back again, lurking for news of Majesty 2 (Alas, the disapointment!), and Alfryd's origional project with the Warcraft Majesty mod had definately peeked my interest. Ironicly, I tried the same thing in ironicly the same engine a few years ago (didn't get as far as you, hats off by the way!)

Many thanks. It's always nice to be appreciated. If you've checked recently, you'll see that I'm in the middle of developing a Java-based engine for presenting the models, rather than wc3. Work's going reasonably, I have terrain display and unit animations working, pathfinding and AI are in the works (were working using an isometric engine, have to port.) I would personally be thrilled to have you contribute to the project as either an artist or a coder. Thing is, if the franchise is sold, I don't know if I'd get the go-ahead for a fan project from the new owners (though I can't think why they'd reasonably object,) and most of my existing artwork is pretty specific to majesty.
Quote:
My idea for a game was to be loosely based on Majesty at best. It would explore even further into the untapped wealth of new ideas (I hate mainstream games, and the things that have been done, and done again.) I hesitate to commit to any project because I fear you fans would be disapointed by the differences. But if any of you have interest in what I have to say, then by all means, let me know.

Out with it, man. Might want to try a different topic thread, though. Wishlist, possibly..?

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Marcostheblack wrote:
I hesitate to commit to any project because I fear you fans would be disapointed by the differences. But if any of you have interest in what I have to say, then by all means, let me know.

Don't worry, we'll let you know if we like your ideas or not. And *most* of us will do it nicely. (at the moment I'd say all of us, but there is the occasional re-awakining of the annoying, evil, unreasonable plan-oopposers, and what with the recent news [ Crying or Very sad ] this is a good time for them to pop up again. There were even some who verbally opposed HoA! *gasp*) So feel free to try us out with your ideas.we'll probably agree if we see that you've put a lot of tiome and effort into it, or if it's a good idea (and as for both, look at the remains of HoA to see how we liked it. That would be that we liked it a lot, since the only reason that there are mere remains of HoA is because of server problems. But ask anyone about HoA if you don't already know of it; you'll get stunning reviews. Very Happy)

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but I cannot contribute because I am working on a massive space tactics game on my own. Space strategy and tactic is its name and the project site is here:
www.ssnt.org

If I get that done then I will join Alfryd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: