Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Fix for data2.cab error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sidekick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Fix for data2.cab error Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, simple fix, that took roughly 3-4 hours to figure out, basically, I had the same problems as some of the other users, installing the origional majesty, note: The game had been tucked away since it was released, never opened before. So I figured I would sit down, give it a shot, see what it was all about, at any rate, after numerous attempts to install, with the same error, and same result, I started searching the forums, after finding that my particular error, had many unanswered posts, I decided to try everything in my power to figure it out (I'm a perfectionist, what can I say) at anyrate, I've tested a solution, 4-5 times, it seems that the error occurs because of the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drivers are too up-to-date, and most will experience the error on a newer set of drivers, instead of rolling back drivers, you could also copy all disk files to a folder on the desktop, and install the game from there, it should run perfectly without errors, on all the install variences, as long as the disk in the drive when you start up the game, it will work, once again, I've tried this method about 4-5 times each varient, and have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a fix, and that the problem lies within the drive software drivers, not the OS. I hope this helps to clear up some of the install issues. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: