Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

about Daughter of Krypta II: Blood of Krypta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorotor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't look at me.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, I do find in Tale’s stories the personal touch that is lacking from most others. Well done. Tale is a great writer, and I am just an annoying brat. You see, I am more used to write lab reports then fantasy novels …

Fal, the file you refer to was mostly refering to bastard swords, not real 2 handed swords. They can be used in one hand or two, these are not real greatswords.

and I REALLY want to see wizards blasting goblins in this story. I really relied on wizards for the goblin horde mission, I think most of you did as well.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker wrote:
Fal, the file you refer to was mostly refering to bastard swords, not real 2 handed swords. They can be used in one hand or two, these are not real greatswords.

You read it? The author is actually unclear as to what type of "greatsword" he is refering to; although he does use the term exclusively. Also, it seems to me (after reading all of the entries several times), that the later "bastard swords" and the earlier greatswords were rather similar, and that the line blurs.
The use of the zweihander type to cut through pikes wouldn't have an application in Ardania. Pike formations are defensive in nature, used primarily against cavalry. Ardania has no cavalry, thus pike formations would not have developed.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hoplites were popular against infantry also.
Phalanxes are effectively unbeatable until flanked

Sorotor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which was not, apparently, so hard to do. The Romans trounced the Greeks in thier wars. Anyway, for long periods of its history Ardania never had the human population or the structured society necessary for such formations. The only time that phalanxes or similar formations were likely to be used was during the time of Garuta and Rendishire.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you there Fal Razz

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dedicate the mule in the first post of Chapter 4 to Cooker. Wink

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL. I hope you dedicate a wizard as well Razz
Excellent writing, good, good stuff

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I dedicate the mule in the first post of Chapter 4 to Cooker.

Don't take us too seriously Tale, we're just whiling away the hours between chapter installments in a hollow attempt to ease the aching suspense. Or something of that type.
Quote:
You see, I am more used to write lab reports then fantasy novels …

I have a vision of tinkering dwarves in labcoats.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Well, probably because drug-induced, fireballing wizards are generally discouraged everywhere

That sounds like it should be the part dedicated to Cooker. And Raistlin, and more especially *sigh* Archmage.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the mission impossible theme is stuck in my head !

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow, those two really hates each other.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly the kind of thoughts one hopes for in religous aspirants.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What can I say - they're kids. Wink

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Ah, young Megan, I see you have skipped fear and anger and proceeded directly to hate. Much hate, I sense in you. That way leads to the dark side, et cetera. Bring me grapes."
"Yes, Luana."
Jut kidding!
More background. Very good. Thanks for resolving that whole vow of silence thing. I've been thinking monks might be adapted to mass melee if they employed some lightweight weapons on occasion. Butterfly swords, and so forth... But I leave it to you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: