Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

about Daughter of Krypta II: Blood of Krypta
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: about Daughter of Krypta II: Blood of Krypta Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, it's time for a sequel. Many, many thanks to Noman who has contributed so much of his creativity and time to flesh out the world of Ardania in the Encyclopedia. And for giving great ideas about how this sequel will pan out. With any luck, this won't take 4 years to complete :P

You might have noticed that the Prelude that Noman originally posted up is gone. It has been revamped and placed into the main story as a Prologue.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is impressive man. Really impressive. It's like Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings Very Happy

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, if you start saying that, I'll have to hurry up on my pert of the Games and read the original so I can read this....

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, funnily enough, I never read Harry Potter until much recently. The Convent of Krypta does feel a bit like a morbid, gothic version of Hogwarts, doesn't it? ;)

I wouldn't go comparing this to LoTR, though. Now, that is a classic in its own category.

Thanks for reading, everyone and posting in here. It makes it feel less like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Noman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow... this is beyond anything that I could have written. Thank you Talespinner for making this great story. Very Happy

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dayamn, TS, you should be publishing. I definitely detect a whiff of Pratchett here and there, but it's never flippant.

You'll never believe this, but I imagined a prior alliance with the church of Dauros too. Monks make great vampire slayers, after all...

Now back to your chair. You eat when you the finish the chapter.

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is definately good enough for publishing. it's better then most published stuff out there

Servant of Krolm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job Talespinner! I haven't read the original yet, but I will have to now. This is better than a lot of professionally published books.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"It's only getting them to reckon in the right direction which is the problem."

- OMG priceless Very Happy

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There you go, Chapter 2 done, a bit of Chapter 3 started.

Now can I go eat something? Wink

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the wizard they sent are not the HOA dodge/parry master variant. Those are usually of such absurd level that not many things can actually dealt with them.

Sorotor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally read through this last night. I must say, if you keep going as you have, this sequel will be better than the first.

Has anybody noticed the significance of the lead cylinder? I'll bet anything that either a) one of the Acolytes will sneak back and get into trouble over it, or b) the Inner Sect will attempt to steal it. Or maybe both.

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone want to bet it's an WMD of some sort ?

Noman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've added new parts to the encyclopedia. Also, I am planning to write a section known as "transformations", in which the ark of change that each applicable character goes through is recorded. Take note that "Talos" will be one of them, and the start of his stories will be posted very soon, in a related storyline to "daughter of Krypta" taking place earlier than the first story.

Remember, the "Talos" storyline takes place in the same continuum as "Daughter of Krypta", so be aware of any similar locations, people, places, etc.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorotor wrote:
Has anybody noticed the significance of the lead cylinder? I'll bet anything that either a) one of the Acolytes will sneak back and get into trouble over it, or b) the Inner Sect will attempt to steal it. Or maybe both.

Step 1. Establish a motive = Karyn loses her ring in Vault. ;)

Noman, thanks for updating the Encyclopedia. You have no idea how invaluable that has become for me.

And thanks everyone for reading. Especially you, Falotar/Sorotor, I always look forward to your comments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> 1001 Ardanian Nights All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: