Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty won't run with update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Majesty won't run with update Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
It's been a long time since I've been here and I hope everyone's doing good.
I've just installed the original Majesty (version 1.0) on my new computer running XP Pro and it works fine but as soon as I run Majesty Update 4 I can't run the game anymore. When I try to, I get the first little splash screen(with the kingdom held in someones hands) and then an error message "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application"
Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Majesty won't run with update Reply with quote Back to top

I have no constructive help for your problem. Unless you want to play multiplayer at Gamespyarcade I would say you don't really need the update. The bugs fixed aren't that significant to freestyle and quest play. If you can get it working without the update stick with that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Night Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Majesty won't run with update Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of that but will "Wrath of Krolm" run without the update? And I'm about to buy The Northern Expansion but I'm not sure if that will run without the update either?
The only other option I can see is to buy Majesty Gold but the only place I can find in Australia with it want $80 and I'm not paying that when I already bought the original for $90 when it was first released.
I'll wait a while and see cause someone may have a solution. There used to be some pretty helpful people on here though I'm not sure if they are still around. I've also emailed Atari Technical Support in Australia so they may be able to help me too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Majesty won't run with update Reply with quote Back to top

Oops! I was thinking about the update to the Expansion in my original response.

The only way you will be able to get Wrath of Krolm running is to get the update to work with your original Majesty game. So if you cannot resolve your CD problems I have no other suggestions. I am sorry to inform you that you will not be able to get the Wrath of Krolm downloadable quest to work with either the Expansion or with the Gold edition. It only works with original game after the updates are applied.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Majesty won't run with update Reply with quote Back to top

The Northern Expansion includes the third update and installs it when the Expansion is installed. Since NE is a seperate program it might not get the same problem the 4th update is giving you.

Great Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Dun Dun Dunnnnn Reply with quote Back to top

This is the main reason I joined the forum, I also have this problem. I've had Majesty(original) for about three years and only recently reinstalled it and decided to update to Patch #4 to play the Wrath of Krolm Quest. Upon reading this post I conclude that there must be a different version of Majesty for Australia/Oceania. Since there is no apparent solution I'll try and contact tech support. Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: