Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty version 1.4 download.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Novalith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Majesty version 1.4 download. Reply with quote Back to top

I have bought majesty from www.trymedia.com and cannot install the expansion which I bought on ebay. I believe the reson for this is either a missing registry entry or the fact that the downloaded version is already 1.4.

If someone could check their registry to see if an install path is in it so I can add the key to mine that would help. Or if I am doomed Let me know.

The error I get when installing the expansion is that it says the origional is not installed.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited by Novalith on Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Apple

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We should get Jay and/or trymediagames in on this.
As far as I know, none of us here has any experience with the download version.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A thought...

Is the Downloaded version of Majesty like the Gold edition in that all the patches are included the release?

If so, the patches would mess everything up (just like if you tried to patch the Gold version)

Maybe Jay should post a statment on the download page mentioning downloaded versions of Majesty software.

Novalith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is not a gold edition. It appears to be a pre-patched regular edition, in that it comes auto patched with 1.4. I can't find a way to revert it, and the CD says it is not installed, I am guessing due to the 1.4 patch, or the fact there is no install path in the registry, or both. It would have been nice to know that this would have happened before I bought the game... but that's not all Cyberlore's fault. I am seeking resolution through trymedia as well. Perhaps I can get my money back if there is no way to fix this.

Novalith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really would LOVE to call tech support.... but there are no phone numbers that I can find. I have not gotten a reply from Trymedia either, and they have no phone numbers to speak of. This is getting quite frustrating. If any moderators see this, or anyone else who knows the numbers or where to find them, please help me!

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got the phone number, and it's avalable 24/7, right here:
(425) 951-7108
You will be answered by an interactive voice. And live support is open Monday thru Friday from eight o'clock a.m. to six o'clock p.m. When live support comes on, they want to be ready with your:
*Computer
*System Make and Model
*Processor Type, including version number if possible (such as Windows 95 or others)
*Operating System
*RAM (Memory)
*Any screen or error messages you've encountered (and where).
Hope that helps!

Novalith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for that information. The official word is that I am hosed. You cannot install the expansion on top of the downloaded version from trymedia. Apparently they are just different somehow. I am in the process of trying to get a refund from trymedia, but I doubt I will be sucessful. In the mean time I am going to see if anyone around here has it, but my hopes are not very high in that regard.

Moral of the story: Buy the disk. *Sigh*

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I'd rather trust the disk than the Internet stores. And I'm glad I could help you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: