Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cultist reaches level 140
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't bother to read any of what I said, did you Alberinian? I thought not.

Your "short, brief thoughts" that are "easy to understand" usually consist of nothing more than a single "smiley" or a piece of punctuation. Or a bumped-up 4 year old topic.

Sharing your thoughts is fine and dandy... but quit wasting everyone's time with posts that say NOTHING.

Was that clear enough this time?

Thanks,
Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Twylah Skye wrote:
You didn't bother to read any of what I said, did you Alberinian? I thought not.

Your "short, brief thoughts" that are "easy to understand" usually consist of nothing more than a single "smiley" or a piece of punctuation. Or a bumped-up 4 year old topic.

Sharing your thoughts is fine and dandy... but quit wasting everyone's time with posts that say NOTHING.

Was that clear enough this time?

Thanks,
Twylah
What 4 year old topic? And sometimes a smiley says all your thoughts. Now can we please get on the topic?

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm afraid you have to make longer posts in order to please the Mommey. If you're wondering why she's being a bit harsh (which she is, by the way, I think tht remembering that the ranking times are over and that this was mostly formed of accedent and misunderstanding [I hope] would help out here, Twy.), I think it's because she's remembering the time of what I call the "spam wars", when there were forum rankings and people were spamming just to gain ranks. Since then, the moderators have always been tougher on spammers and suspected spammers. But if you could at the very least include a few sentences with your smileys, and check the date on posts so you don't bring up old ones, that would be much appriciated.

Twy, from what I've seen of Wildmaster, and talked with him a bit, and I can tell that he's not spamming on purpose. And not being quite so harsh might help, if you don't mind? It's not the best thing to have a shouting match here, and while it's not that loud just yet, I think it could get there if you both don't calm down a bit. I think Wildmaster understands most of what you're trying to say, if not all of it.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will,

I haven't been harsh or rude. Just honest. And I don't need to "calm down" because I'm not upset. You need to understand that I've been dealing with Alberinian's spam for a very long time and have said nothing to him about it - I have just deleted the obvious spam posts and ignored the others. But after having to do a big Forum Cleanup earlier this week (for the umpteenth time), because of Alberinian's spam-fest, I finally said something - AFTER another member made a comment.

I don't see anywhere in here that I've been rude or harsh. I have been my usual honest self and laid it on the line for Alberinian. And you need to understand that - from the perspective of a Forum Administrator - Alberinian can be a real problem sometimes. It doesn't matter how "nice" he is... a problem is a problem, Will.

The size of a member's posts couldn't matter less to me, Will. I can't even believe that you made that comment - and I have never given you or anyone else a reason to think that. A one-word APPROPRIATE post is just as good as a 500-word essay that says nothing. Alberinian doesn't post one-word appropriate posts. If that were the case, this issue would never have come up.

Just stay out of it, Will. I was prepared to drop the issue and just keep an eye on Alberinian. Alright?

Thanks,
Twy Very Happy

Last edited by Twylah Skye on Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, didn't realize this was an ongoing problem. Sorry. I get it now. Smile

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

O.k., I understand the problem. I will try not to bump old, old posts, and I will be more careful about writing useless posts. But if you think a smily or a one-word reply is not good, it is what I would say if someone said that. Got that?

One other thing: it would be nice to get a message that would tell you that your post has been deleted. I don't notice that my posts have gone down so I don't know a post has been deleted. I don't pay attention to those kind of things. We don't need to discuss this futher (I hope Confused ).

Cooker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alberinian have being given rather inaccurate observation for some of my ideas in the wish list. It does not matter if his opinion is against it. But itís a personal insult to my knowledge and years of education whenever he says something technically incorrect. I might sound arrogant but I have not bought this up formally yet, and here I lay my case.

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cooker wrote:

Alberinian have being given rather inaccurate observation for some of my ideas in the wish list. It does not matter if his opinion is against it. But itís a personal insult to my knowledge and years of education whenever he says something technically incorrect. I might sound arrogant but I have not bought this up formally yet, and here I lay my case.
That picture is funny, but mean. Why is everybody picking on me? Sad I just love purposefully missinterpretting ideas in the wish list and stirring up some "excitment" in these forums. Smile

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm, the few places where you probably shouldn't do that are in the Tech forum (so people don't take you seriously and mess their computer up) and the fairly complicated/serious (read "posts by Alfryd and Cooker and other people that know what they're doing") posts in the Wishlist forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: