Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Heroes: disposable meat or precious jewels?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with that, heroes are individuals not cannon folders. That makes majesty what it is.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps, but I would think that Terra would have a higher chance of attacking a goblin if she sees one and another creature at the same time. And when her favored enemy is "goblins", is that the race goblins (i. e: goblin champions, goblin priests ect.), or the specific creature named "Goblin"? I can see how this could be misinturpreted.

Also, I agree with the gender randomality. (is that even a word?) I would like to see male healers, female rouges, female wizards, ect. But I think some classes would have higher percentages one way or another. Considering the time this is set in, there wouldn't be all that many female warriors; most of the ones who wanted to be would rather be a Paladin since the society of the time would look down somewhat on a female warrior. However, some classes would have an equal chance of going either way, for instace, the Rouges guild could easily accept female members. As could the rangers. But I have a feeling that the religious heroes would be slanted one way or the other. I mean, really, could you imagine a felmale WoD? Or a female Barb? Or for the sake of being fair, a male Solarus, or male Priestess? (obviously, the class will have to be changed to Priest if Cyberlore does this) While a male Priest(ess) isn't that hard to think of, some of the others are. And having a female Cultiest could prove to be destructive...

Sorotor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the Spellcaster wrote:
Also, I agree with the gender randomality. (is that even a word?) I would like to see male healers, female rouges, female wizards, ect. But I think some classes would have higher percentages one way or another. Considering the time this is set in, there wouldn't be all that many female warriors; most of the ones who wanted to be would rather be a Paladin since the society of the time would look down somewhat on a female warrior. However, some classes would have an equal chance of going either way, for instace, the Rouges guild could easily accept female members. As could the rangers. But I have a feeling that the religious heroes would be slanted one way or the other. I mean, really, could you imagine a felmale WoD? Or a female Barb? Or for the sake of being fair, a male Solarus, or male Priestess? (obviously, the class will have to be changed to Priest if Cyberlore does this) While a male Priest(ess) isn't that hard to think of, some of the others are. And having a female Cultiest could prove to be destructive...

I doubt that you'd would both genders in the Temple classes. Such Heroes form religious orders, and the gender of the members is determined by either the deity or the Temple hierarchy. It's not a matter of choice. Therefore, all Monks are male, all Paladins female -- it's the way the order was designed. The only possible exceptions are Cultists, WoDs, and Barbarians. Cultists and WoDs because, as representatives of Chaos, they form more of a religious disorder, and Barbarians because, while recruited at a Temple, are not really a priesthood or order, but rather members of a Brbarian tribe.

KryptaFollower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Argitoth wrote:
KryptaFollower wrote:
*replying to first post*
So you mean like The Sims 2? They have needs and fears. If they want something like food they make it themselves. Something like that (not food exactly)?

Not like sims 2 at all. These fears or desires will not rotate. You're not going to be sitting there making sure your heroes fulfill their desires keeping them from their fears; I am not limiting my idea just to fears and desires though.

I will go in depth with my idea. I may go over-the-top with them; ideas can always be tweaked.

I recruit my first ranger. Her name is Terra. (classes should not be gender-specific unless it's part of the hero-story). I click on her to see what random attributes she has been created with. Let's say each hero is created with 3 random attributes. A "fancy", a "dislike or fear" (both of which can come out as a positive or negative) and a "speciality" which is always positive.

-Terra fears undead. [more likely to flee from undead] (fear)
-Terra is greedy for fame. [more likely to attack infamous creatures and is more competative] (fancy)
-Terra has a favored enemy: goblins [increased damage on goblins] (speciality) Note that "favored enemy" is a class-specific randomly generated attribute. No other class has a chance to have a favored enemy.

I now recruit a wizard.

-Girwin hates elves. [Will not group with friendly elves and is most likely to attack enemy elves]
-Girwin prefers destruction over utility. [Is more likely to specialize in destructive spells for a sacrifice of utility spells]
-Girwin wears an amulate of fire resistance. [Reduces fire damage] Note that his speciality is to start with a special amulate. Of course, it is possible for other heroes to stumble upon amulates of fire resistance.

This explains what I had in mind for making each hero a little different, but my original post has more to it than just a few randomly-generated attributes.

OHH! Ok gotcha. That's cool! Also, to the post about gender randomality, I also agree. I would love to have priests as well as priestess'!

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you might have Barbs like that, but there is the matter of equality between Agrela/Dauros and Ferves/Krypta, so I think Cyberlore would impliment it in both or in neither. Otherwise, that would probably be true.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: