Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

No screenshots this time..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: registered Reply with quote Back to top

mezryn wrote:
just registered as well to show my support for a sequel to Majesty.
Well, you're in a pretty large group here.... MAJESTY 2!!MAJESTY 2!!! YESYESYES!!!!

schmidtyboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sup everyone. I just joined to show my support for this game. I have always loved Majesty and am glad its back up on your priority list.

whmice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: new guys? Reply with quote Back to top

what with all the alegedly new guys?
are you all part of a split personality?
Question
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

mezryn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not I Smile I just reinstalled it, played it for past few days, and got bit by the love bug (for the game). Am about to buy the Northern Expansion pack via eBay, but am really wanting to see a sequel as I see the game having so much more potential which I think would be realized based on the developer comments I've seen here.

Went searching to see about news for a sequel, and found this place Wink

your_weirdness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There have been many really good games during the last years- but no game "enamoured" me that much like Majesty did. I just registered to show my support for a sequel too!

rage77

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Registered to show my support as well and will bring all my friends. Thinking back to the original, this is a game that just HAS to be made! =)

M

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just joined to encourage you to Make Majes----

hang on, I've been here for over two years. Oops. Razz

Excerion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah show those other corporate scaredy cats that ingenuity is the way
to go amongst all the up hotted clones that are the current gaming industry.

Majesty 2 For tEh Win ! Smile

Anathema

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First post.
Just wanted to lend my support to this most worthy endeavor.

I've been playing Majesty since it came out...Always thought is was brilliant. Circumstances have prevented me from having access to a computer for a while but I just got a new one, and believe it or not...Half-life 2, Doom 3, Rome: Total War, these all sit in my CD case. I can't spare the time away from Majesty.

I visited the sites a few times over the years and heard something about a sequal, but nothing ever came of it. I'm quite relieved to see that it was just put on the back burner, rather than canned entirely.

Cookie-cutter, carbon-copy games are a dime-a-dozen. Don't allow the successor to such a wonderful example of depth and originality to fade into the endless purgatory of halted develpment. Sound buisness tactics be damned.

Cheers.

whmice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: hail Reply with quote Back to top

Anathema for president Exclamation

or at least cyberlores CEO
Wizard: no, its at the end of it...
eternity is nothing to me.... but its something to others Razz

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One would imagine the game industry, like any other, would become wiser after it has exhausted all alternatives.

Anathema

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly. Look at our friends at Electronic Arts. How many times have they released the exact same game, but with different licensed characters?

The game industry seems to have shifted emphasis from creativity and concept development to feeding the public simple and repetitive pap that goes down easily.

And it's our own fault. They wouldn't sell it if we wouldn't buy it. It's easy to appeal to the lowest common denominator, which is why so many companies do exactly that. It has become an industry, rather than a hobby.

People used to code games with friends in thier garage. Now there are towering office blocks hosting huge development teams. And while a few facets of game design have steadily improved, graphics for instance, the design itself has, for the majority, stagnated for the past five or so years.

That is why games like Majesty should be sung from the rooftops. They are genuinely unique. And, if I may say so, quite ingenius. And so I implore those with any influence in the matter, do not let these games die. Do not condemn us to a world of movie-licensed action-adventures, shooter-sequels, and World War II RTS's.

Cheers.

Apple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that it is still possible to maintain creativity in games while still breaking even. It does require strategies that differ from the popular marketing model today that is focused on making money.

Consumer support is important, but I believe that there are enough buyers out there who'd prefer unique and original games for the alternate strategy to succeed - there just has to be some corner cutting...

:mrgreen:

(Maj2 with ASCII graphics!!)

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M wrote:
I just joined to encourage you to Make Majes----

hang on, I've been here for over two years. Oops. Razz

lol. Nice. I joined not-so-recently to show my suppoert for the original and to help out with the storytelling around here. Mr. Green

JustinSnow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the Spellcaster wrote:
Jay Adan wrote:
Text isn't nearly as exciting as screenshots. If we had a new screenshot I imagine that the swarms would return.

Compared to:
Lurn wrote:
All I can say is, put quite simply:

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! YES!!!

Very Happy

and
Alberinian Wildmaster wrote:
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!! Majesty 2! *One of the screaming mob waving banners and demonstrations signs*. Very Happy .

Nice try, Jay. But I belive it's too late to stop this paticular 3-person mob. Or, shal I say, soon to be 3-person mob.

*walks over and grabs the Wildmaster's banner and sign*
Gimme those!
*ahem*
YESS!!! YESSSSS!!! YEESSSSSS!!!!!
Mr. Green

"Join my mob"

*Holds up 2 Signs with the words "Give Dev Team Room" and "Patience is a Virtue" *

"Rest well for you may know that the Dev Team works hard on Majesty 2, tonight."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: