Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

No screenshots this time..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: No screenshots this time.. Reply with quote Back to top

It’s been 200 years…

The tour group rounded the corner into the castle’s great hall.

“A question, sir,” the young visitor asked. “Why did Ardania separate into little fiefdoms, then? I mean, if everyone loved the last sovereign as much as you say they did …”

The group’s tour guide, Ven Fairweather IV, leaned forward on his cane and answered. “You have the solution in your riddle, young one. It was precisely because the sovereign was so loved. Who could fill those shoes? Who could attract so many heroes?”

No one, so it turned out.

After all, it was a peaceful and prosperous time when the sovereign passed. People were content with the memory of greatness. As the years went by, the castle fell into disrepair and was eventually preserved as a museum of sorts honoring its former inhabitant.

“But recently? It started to get wild,” Ven said. “Creatures that could scare ghosts came crawling up from the sewers, scared themselves! Magical relics suddenly disappeared. Hunters reported seeing creatures they’d never, ever seen before.” Ven paused and thought for a moment. “There was also the issue of a frog who started singing like a bird when it was drunk, but that was probably unrelated.”

“And these rumors of an alliance?” a woman questioned. “Is that why the museum is closing?”

Ven said nothing. He took a breath, shuffled his feet and began to speak.

“Yes. Well, that. What’s happening is still unclear, but it’s not something we can face alone. The towns in Ardania are not united as they once were. They have difficulty agreeing on anything let alone a direction for a kingdom.”

He pointed to the crates around the room into which peasants were placing the museum’s displays. “We must make way for a new ruler to unite us again. We need a voice. A direction. A ruler. We need . . .”

You.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am somewhat frightened to break the awed silence.

Ah, who am I kidding. Y'know that theme tune from Odyssey 2001? The tone poem?
Bom, Bom, Bom... Da-dum!
Right, now play it mentally. Oh joy.

(Loathe as I am nitpick, 'museum' and 'tour group' might be slightly anachronistic, unless this is set in the D&DCompatible equivalent of the 16th century. Try 'shrine,' and 'pilgrimage.' Same difference.)

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is too exciting for words.... I can't wait.

- Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh-oh, this could set off the Maj. 2 swarm crouwd effect...
*suddenly, a screaming mob of people come racing around the Announcements forum, holding Maj. 2 banners and waving "We Love Cyberlore" demonstration signs. Then, one by one, the signs rotate to reveal the rest of the saying: "...As long as Maj. 2 is more awesome than believable!"*
Shocked
Whoops, too late. Run away!

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... museums and tour groups... this is a major shift from the previous setting. It is entirely possible that the Top Secret Majesty Story Bible has been updated. Ardania as we know it is very likely to look much different. I would not be surprised if the Marketplaces now sell franchised goods.

Must send in a Shinobi to get a copy of that Story Bible...

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Text isn't nearly as exciting as screenshots. If we had a new screenshot I imagine that the swarms would return. This wasn't a press release.. this was for you all.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apple wrote:
Hmmm... museums and tour groups... this is a major shift from the previous setting. It is entirely possible that the Top Secret Majesty Story Bible has been updated. Ardania as we know it is very likely to look much different. I would not be surprised if the Marketplaces now sell franchised goods.

Must send in a Shinobi to get a copy of that Story Bible...

Not really, it's just a little humor to set the tone and keep it light. Majesty was never meant to hard fantasy (if there is such a thing). Heck, we had a cyclops with an eye-patch! The first draft had a wizard and apprentice I think. The museum and tour group adds a little humor and brings home the fact that the palace has been empty for a long time.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: I don't want to get my hopes up too soon.. Reply with quote Back to top

So Jay,
Are you saying there will be a winner in the betting pool...
Or is it only a possibility?

Edit:
If you can't give a "yes" or "no" answer yet, give us a hint by fixing the time and date on the forum server so it displays the correct time if the former case is true.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Adan wrote:
This wasn't a press release.. this was for you all.

*huggles her old snuggly-muffin*

Thanks, Jay!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Twylah Skye wrote:
Jay Adan wrote:
This wasn't a press release.. this was for you all.

*huggles her old snuggly-muffin*

Thanks, Jay!

Ah, shucks. Taint nothin' ma'am. Embarassed

Quote:

Are you saying there will be a winner in the betting pool...
Or is it only a possibility?

Edit:
If you can't give a "yes" or "no" answer yet, give us a hint by fixing the time and date on the forum server so it displays the correct time if the former case is true.

You can be sure that if there's definitive information to share I will share it here. Right now things are progressing forward with a number of companies. There's not really any more to say about it right now. I'm not trying to be coy - there really just isn't much else to report.

Lurn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All I can say is, put quite simply:

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! YES!!!

Very Happy

Alberinian Wildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES!!!YES!!!YES!!! Majesty 2! *One of the screaming mob waving banners and demonstrations signs*. Very Happy .

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Adan wrote:
Text isn't nearly as exciting as screenshots. If we had a new screenshot I imagine that the swarms would return.

Compared to:
Lurn wrote:
All I can say is, put quite simply:

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! YES!!!

Very Happy

and
Alberinian Wildmaster wrote:
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!! Majesty 2! *One of the screaming mob waving banners and demonstrations signs*. Very Happy .

Nice try, Jay. But I belive it's too late to stop this paticular 3-person mob. Or, shal I say, soon to be 3-person mob.

*walks over and grabs the Wildmaster's banner and sign*
Gimme those!
*ahem*
YESS!!! YESSSSS!!! YEESSSSSS!!!!!
Mr. Green

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Adan wrote:
Not really, it's just a little humor to set the tone and keep it light. Majesty was never meant to hard fantasy (if there is such a thing). Heck, we had a cyclops with an eye-patch! The first draft had a wizard and apprentice I think. The museum and tour group adds a little humor and brings home the fact that the palace has been empty for a long time.

There goes the idea for corporations and Gnomish Mafia...

:mrgreen:

Ooh, and Dwarven Hackers...
"Whadaya mean me password's bad!? Ah smash ye with mah 'ammer!"

Argitoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Umm............. what? Can someone explain what all this means? I don't get the purpose of this thread.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: